IGNORED

Momentum

Silvio Dante

If we recall back to the end of last season, we limped over the line. 

Then fast forward to Blackpool and Forest Green. Late goals, people thinking this season was a continuation of the last. Then losing at Boro and Reading becoming in some eyes “must win”.

What the moral here is that there’s never nothing to play for. How you finish the season (particularly as we won’t see major surgery this summer) directly follows in a lot of cases to the following year - even more so with the compressed gap until 22/23.

This four game run isn’t necessarily of value this year. It’s of value next year, and if we can get through Hull and Huddersfield unscathed, it’ll make a world of difference to how the fan base - if not the team - feel psychologically going into next year.

I think Pearson absolutely knows that. The next two are by no means dead rubbers, as has been seen by how we approached Sheff and today. I expect an intense, “up for it” performance next Saturday 

• Like 11
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

In our last 10 games of last season we picked up just 3 points, drawing 3 & losing 7, with Pearson saying if the season had lasted another month we’d have been relegated.

With 2 games still to go we have already picked up 12 points from the last 8 games.

Massive difference to last season & a huge improvement.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

For a long time now our players would have been on the beach by now - it’s great to see the fight today for a dead rubber, really enjoyed it as well

Progress in itself - part of the club NP is changing in its mindset ??

This was , and is , absolutely the major attraction in Nigel Pearson’s appointment for me 

Ive never regarded him as some sort of super coach , but absolutely the man to change mentality across the club , and turn us into a Football Club in its true form

And it’s been needed for decades , tho Cotts had a go

I have total confidence in him , in time , in changing that mentality amongst players and staff 

The owner and Chairman changing mentality concerns me more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have had a run of games with few changes, players now their jobs and can get on with it. I think you can see signs of better communication too.  There were still moment where we switched off, but over all we were much more 90 minutes than we have been.

I'd love to know where Pring stands as I thought he'd be a big part in this squad, but with Jay DaSilva that left side looks promising for next year,  giving Idehen , Benarous and Bell game time is good for next year. Getting Atkinson and Cundy alongside a talkative CB like Klose is good for next year. Weimann & Semenyo look promising for next year. The midfield with Williams, James, Scott , Massengo ( ? ) has promise and looks like it's improving. I hope Tanner is fit for some time over the next 2 games, but I think he's shown he could be an asset . 
We need some quality to go with what we have. How we do that who knows, but it will tough, and tough to keep the young stars. Pearson has his work cut out, but holding on to what we have will be as important as adding quality.

It's going to be a fun summer 

• Like 2