IGNORED

Channel 4 secure rights to England matches

shahanshahan

3 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Looking at that it’ll still be ITV/BBC for the World Cup and probably Euros next year.

This looks to be replacing the current sky contract for nationals league and qualifiers, which is a good thing  as it means more free football

I think the WC and the Euros have to be free-to-air still don`t they. Marquee events (and I don`t mean s*g home games) still have to be. With the dreaded Dorries talking about selling it off who knows if C4 will still be?

34 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think the WC and the Euros have to be free-to-air still don`t they. Marquee events (and I don`t mean s*g home games) still have to be. With the dreaded Dorries talking about selling it off who knows if C4 will still be?

Think that is true,although if you don’t buy a tv license you can’t watch it so not exactly free to air I would say 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Yea you’re right, but nations league isn’t on same level as the other two comps so was on sky. Nice to see that on free to air even if it is a bit less meaningful to some

• Like 1

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

That is of course if you can afford it,myself and you can but there are millions struggling to feed kids,should they be paying just to watch tv

Certainly a worthwhile point. I wouldn’t be against it being re-worked so the lower earners don’t pay / pay less.

I don’t actually watch a lot of live TV, but use a fair amount of bbc services (iPlayer, radio for City and radio 1, 5 live etc) so happy to pay it personally.

10 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Certainly a worthwhile point. I wouldn’t be against it being re-worked so the lower earners don’t pay / pay less.

I don’t actually watch a lot of live TV, but use a fair amount of bbc services (iPlayer, radio for City and radio 1, 5 live etc) so happy to pay it personally.

Spot on,if you want to pay for the bbc then make it a subscription service and let the public watch the other channels that make their money from advertising for free,has to be better than a blanket ban if you don’t pay the license 

Edited by joe jordans teeth
  • Like 1

How strange. I thought C4 couldn't compete with the big terrestrial services according to Mad Nad, but here it is outbidding them for games that will attract significant advertising revenue.

It's almost as if the channel wasn't making a net £74m contribution to government revenue last year... :dunno:

• Like 1

1) Would any one know the cost of the total package?

as I am lead to believe the cost of the one nations league game was that UEFA wanted 3.5 million euros, and the brodcasters offered 2.5 million euros.

2)Does the package include the AWAY Euro qualifiers and World cup qualifiers.

3)Being cynical,maybe ITV did not want the games and MIGHT be concentrating on Premier league live games and EFL live games

although the EFL games won't effect us next season when we are in the top flight

• Haha 1