IGNORED

U23s home v Coventry

bcfc01

10 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I tried refreshing a choppy stream only to lose it completely!

edit: now get an unauthorised country message (scrub this - back to the spinning circle of doom)

I find the iOS app choppy at the HPC. So on safari and fine.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I find the iOS app choppy at the HPC. So on safari and fine.

Well, it's taken me 25 minutes to get the stream again! I tried chrome and then a private window in firefox (still no joy). I then had the brainwave of logging into windscribe, and lo and behold, I am streaming lovely via London (Custard). No idea (sorry, ideal) what problem the CDN has with a Bristol, Virgin Media connection.

Edited by Sleepy1968

What has happened to Janneh ?

I was hoping to see a bit of pace and direct running from him, but he's given the ball away every time (other than his tap in). Maybe he's short of match practice having only started one game for Shrewsbury and eleven subs.

Impressed with Towlers long passing, finding his man with 40yd diagonals.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hamdon Mart said:

My phone calls often cut out up there, Dave, and I struggle to get tinterweb up there too. 

It's a shame that it's not built on top of a hill really....... oh, what's that? ?

Coverage is terrible at the HPC. Phone and internet.

Decent performance from the 50 odd minutes I witnessed.

Thought Towler was a step above the rest, commanding and assured with good distribution - although the defence looked a bit of a mess towards the end of the first half. He looked the most ‘oven-ready’ for the first team. 

Front two looked lively, glad to see Bell looked confident and sharp given Nige’s ‘experiment’ and, generally, good pacy attacking movement in our forward play.

Never heard of Backwell, but thought he was more than sound in the minutes he had.

40 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Kadji should defo get a shot at first team next season given em we’re looking for a DM. Could save the club a lot of money.

has the build, very composed, a good eye for a pass. Lots of potential with this kid 

I thought he shows potential , but maybe needs to push himself a bit more

Was more impressed with Josh Owers tbh - excellent work rate , driving , sensible passing , and a bit of a leader

Hes not as technical, with an array of tricks ,  as many modern players but his passing is decent and he’s a real engine room / box to box type player - I was impressed with him

Thought Conway showed why he’s been around first team , good footballer , and Sam Bells movement was excellent - if he can improve his chance conversion he’s got a real chance  

Edited by Sheltons Army

19 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Was more impressed with Josh Owers tbh - excellent work rate , driving , sensible passing , and a bit of a leader

Hes not as technical, with an array of tricks ,  as many modern players but his passing is decent and he’s a real engine room / box to box type player - I was impressed with him

Thought Conway showed why he’s been around first team , good footballer , and Sam Bells movement was excellent - if he can improve his chance conversion he’s got a real chance  

So was I….and have been most times I’ve seen him since the turn of the year.

Kadji is coming on nicely, and I thought he had one of his best games today, but he’s normally been a bit more on the periphery.  

34 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Agree re Owers, he is a very consistent player - 7/10 every game, which is what managers like.

He's definitely got a future in the game imo.

I was slightly disappointed with Conway and Sam Bell today, thought they could have produced a bit more than they did. Granted, Conway scored twice, but I just felt he had a lot more to give in his all round game. Same with Bell. Maybe I'm asking too much at this stage though.