IGNORED

Andy Keogh

cityfan1958

Sat here in Hamilton NZ watching the high lights from the Aussie A league. 
Game involving Perth Glory came up, and the name Andy Keogh made my ears ***** up. A Google search showed he was on loan, 9 games, with us in 2011, from Wolves ?

Commentator made a comment that it was his last game for Perth, my assumption was that he was retiring, but maybe not.

Just a minor city connection on a slow news day.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Keogh was a decent player imo

A good foil for Sharp at Scunthorpe and played in the Prem for Wolves

Indeed. I always remember him being a fairly decent striker at this level. Never really hit the heights in the Prem but not many do..

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I just checked his record on Wikki. He’s played for 16 clubs over a 17 year period, which sums it up. He was good at the start of his career and then just fell away 

It's actually 12 clubs if you review

He drifted away at Millwall for sure but obviously decided to move to Australia instead of League One and fair play I think

13 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

It's actually 12 clubs if you review

He drifted away at Millwall for sure but obviously decided to move to Australia instead of League One and fair play I think

Yes, you're correct, he had 16 different contacts, loan and permanent, but played at some clubs more than once. There must have been something wrong to have moved around so often 

5 hours ago, westred1 said:

He was better than Andy Smith!

That's not much of a compliment to be fair.

Unless of course you're Bas Savage. Then that's like saying he's as good as Messi! 

Edited by Taz
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep I would believe it cos I remember him notching really early on in that game ... not really sure what your point is?

Standard Preston bogey team comment really, it's been a fair number of games since we won there, summed up by how many years since he was on loan with us

I'm surprised he played as many as 9 games for City tbh, can't remember too much more about his loan spell

22 hours ago, cityfan1958 said:

Daniel Sturridge is also at Perth, not the player he was …

My mate lives in Perth and watches PG, who have btw featured a few ex City players in recent years. He says that Sturbridge is woeful and hasn’t often started this season.

10 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

My mate lives in Perth and watches PG, who have btw featured a few ex City players in recent years. He says that Sturbridge is woeful and hasn’t often started this season.

The couple of games I have seen with him my overwhelming reaction was how much he reminded me of Marcus Stewart when he came to city. Ran around a bit, lots of pointing, and a few flicks and tricks but actually contributed very little to winning a game

On 04/05/2022 at 15:46, TomF said:

Remember that FA Youth Cup final game v us when he came on for Man City and completely changed the game. 

Remember it like it was yesterday, scored a Le Tissier - esque flick over one of our defenders before volleying in. Remember walking home with my old man and we couldn’t believe what we’d seen, was definitely destined for a bright future.