IGNORED

Jake Daniels of Blackpool

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

I work with plenty of people and have friends that I find attractive, have got changed with them, etc. I think it's being adult about it. I don't think it's that hard? Also, gay people are like anyone else - they don't just fancy everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

**** me, I actually had to look that up. Are you seriously equating someone being gay with paedophilia? Take a look at yourself, FFS.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

To be fair, no one should care, it shouldn't be a special thing coming out as gay, it should be normal and everyone should be accepting of it,

Sadly that's not the world we live in, but I do have the upmost respect for this young lad, it can't of been easy for him

Absolutely.

2 hours ago, pillred said:

I knew this would get a reaction, again I will say I'm sure some of the players feel the same way but judging by the reaction my sincere question has raised it seems you can't dare say anything these days which is a shame. 

I've undressed for a (good looking) female GP, female Physio, female Radiographer (not all at the same time).

All on a professional basis.

Did it bother me? No. Because I'm a grown up.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, !james said:

I'm not going to guess your age or generation but I suggest you educate yourself. 

And what exactly do you mean by that? that your opinion is somehow more correct because you are younger, age does not change the facts of the matter and I have no need to educate myself about anything, saying I wouldn't feel comfortable undressing in front of somebody of my own sex who I knew found other men attractive (not necessarily me by the way) to me is perfectly understandable it's your opinion I find strange, perhaps it's your age and generation that have different thoughts on the subject that doesn't make you any more right or me wrong.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

**** me, I actually had to look that up. Are you seriously equating someone being gay with paedophilia? Take a look at yourself, FFS.

It's a shame that it isn't a single poster.

Somebody did exactly the same thing over in the politics forum during a discussion about transgender people using changing rooms. The difference was over there people leapt to his defence when I called him out on it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

To be fair, no one should care, it shouldn't be a special thing coming out as gay, it should be normal and everyone should be accepting of it,

Sadly that's not the world we live in, but I do have the upmost respect for this young lad, it can't of been easy for him

I guess, there shouldn’t even need to be a term “coming out”, nor it made to feel like it is in itself an “event”??? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Similarly, I am happy to watch young women in bikinis eating ice cream, extremely happy in fact, although, unfortunately, the thoughts to which I referred have become less frequent with the passing of time ?.  

Hopefully not too happy.....I'm sure they are laws against that on a public beach!

On a serious note though (and this isn't aimed at you, Phil), the notion that being homosexual means that you're some sort of nymphomaniac trying to get your kicks from everyone of the same sex is frankly laughable.  As is the idea that any serious discussion could be had with the question "How would you feel if a player announced he was a paedophile?".  What sort of ******* answers are you expecting?!?  "Yeah, I'd be fine with that.....only if they're fit though"  ffs!

And people wonder why there's still such a stigma in the game about being gay!

1 hour ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Being gay is still illegal in many countries.

However in parts of USA & society being opening MAP is becoming more normalised. 

Someone get this person a JCB for the hole they are digging...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

let’s not allow one person who seems to think he is hugely irresistible to all humankind and one known forum troll to derail from the massive majority on this thread who have posted in a supportive manner 

To be fair when I was 25 I was pretty good looking even if I say so myself, now at 66 I'm still not bad looking but would be surprised if me undressing would cause much of a reaction in anybody I never tried to say it would be me he would find irresistible. And to be clear I am supportive of him there is nothing wrong in anyway with being gay and of course it should make no difference in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by pillred
Add comment

8 minutes ago, pillred said:

And what exactly do you mean by that? that your opinion is somehow more correct because you are younger, age does not change the facts of the matter and I have no need to educate myself about anything, saying I wouldn't feel comfortable undressing in front of somebody of my own sex who I knew found other men attractive (not necessarily me by the way) to me is perfectly understandable it's your opinion I find strange, perhaps it's your age and generation that have different thoughts on the subject that doesn't make you any more right or me wrong.

I hate to tell you this.. but if you have used a public pool, you've probably undressed in front of a gay man and probably still in their w*nkbank

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, pillred said:

Because as a gay man he would find looking at other fit young men undressed sexually exiting, and that's my final word on the subject, if it doesn't bother you great me as I have said would find it a bit uncomfortable and I don't feel the need to apologise to you or anyone else for having that opinion.

As a heterosexual male, I personally don't find fit, athletic women in the slightest. Why would a gay man automatically like athletic men? 

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

To be fair, Coming Out is actually massively beneficial 

Long read below 

https://www.allure.com/story/coming-out-process-physical-mental-pain-relief

Yes, get that, agree….but that’s because of the history of it (the “stigma”) I guess.  I’m thinking in a more theoretical world of people not being so closed in their thinking, fearful of people who are “different” (hate that term) to themselves etc.  I’m probably not expressing it very well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

26 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Hopefully not too happy.....I'm sure they are laws against that on a public beach!

On a serious note though (and this isn't aimed at you, Phil), the notion that being homosexual means that you're some sort of nymphomaniac trying to get your kicks from everyone of the same sex is frankly laughable.  As is the idea that any serious discussion could be had with the question "How would you feel if a player announced he was a paedophile?".  What sort of ******* answers are you expecting?!?  "Yeah, I'd be fine with that.....only if they're fit though"  ffs!

And people wonder why there's still such a stigma in the game about being gay!

You can almost picture the scenario.

Young woman meets old male friend, tells him she has just moved back to the area and now has two young children, and would old male friend like to see them?

Old male friend says he would be delighted, and may he bring his dear friend, who is gay?

Young female friend frowns, and says she doesn't think that would be appropriate, not now that she has two toddlers....  

Edited by PHILINFRANCE

19 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

It’s incredible what people get away with doing if they follow fictional books . 

I agree. Controversial I guess due to the comfort many people get from religion, but the world (Humanity)would be a much better and peaceful place without it. It causes more conflict than it cures.

• Flames 2

3 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I know what you mean.

I am heterosexual and, sometimes, when on the beach, I might see an attractive young lady wearing only a skimpy bikini and find her attractive.

On occasion, I have even seen young ladies, still wearing only bikinis, eating ice creams and licking them in a way that, to my mind, can only be described as extremely lascivious.

Even worse, sometimes when I am taking a shower before entering the pool, I get this strange feeling that these lovely young ladies are all watching me; I imagine you are familiar with such feelings, hence your understandable worries and fears.

It is so hard being a heterosexual man.

I was in a bar in Bangkok when an attractive local girl came in and sat at the table opposite me.

She made eye contact and smiled provocatively, and it was difficult not to keep looking in her direction. I tried self control but it was increasingly difficult.

She then undid the top buttons on her very tight fitting blouse, and sat with her legs akimbo and as she was wearing a very short skirt  I had to tell myself “don't get an erection, don't get an erection”, but it was too late - she did!

• Haha 7

Ok, I’ve sat back and let this develop for a few pages before jumping in.

firstly let’s congratulate the lad for coming out, it must have been a huge step, and the general positivity on radio and social media is heartening that we seem to be moving forward. Hopefully others will follow his lead, by mere probability there must be many more both currently and historically 

I read with amusement the debate on ‘gays in the changing room’ and whether someone may be uncomfortable. As a gay man who has used communal changing rooms for many years I can categorically reassure anyone feeling a little awkward that us gays don’t find everyone sexually attractive, and we don’t stand, stare and drool uncontrollably at the ones we do find attractive, and the perceived awkwardness from the straight guy says a little more about them than me. If you feel awkward do as many do in my gym do, go home sweaty, change in the cubicle or do the hilarious towel dance, where everyone just presumes you either find yourself irresistible to the gays, or merely have a small pecker and are too embarrassed to show it!

for those who defended the comment about the the MAP guy coming out. It was clumsy but I don’t think he was presuming gay men are paedo’s. I am sure he has done his research where it shows this vile perversion affects gay, straight and bi people

lastly let’s not too woke, the jokes about ‘leaving the back door open’ are just funny. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I just had to Google what MAP meant. But you honestly seem to be equating being gay with peodophilia. 

I've got no words. 

If this doesn't prove why there's still so much work to be done on acceptance of LGBTQIA+ issues then I don't know what does.

A truly awful thing to thing to say.

What am I Googling? If I type MAP into the search bar I just get links to Google Earth etc!

Maybe I just don’t need to know judging by people’s reactions.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

What am I Googling? If I type MAP into the search bar I just get links to Google Earth etc!

I had never heard of the term so did the same, with similar results.

I then tried 'MAPS Sexuality', which should tell you all you want to know - should you want to know....?.

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

The twitter post from Blackpool is an absolute horror show.  Every PL team has quoted it offering support and then the replies to each are awful. 

I just went to have a look to see what sort of bot or idiot was posting, but it’s literally every post is homophobic. Horrendous!

A couple of weeks ago we had a new girl start at work. I did something to help her and she gave me a hug. Yesterday I found out (at work) that she is Gay.

So what should my reaction be (after reading some of the comments  on this thread) if she tries to hug me again as a non gay female ( I hate the word straight, it implies that anything else is not right)? Should I recoil in horror, be afraid to work near her incase she touches me again?

No, if she wants to hug me again as a thank you etc I would hug her back as she is a PERSON.

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I had never heard of the term so did the same, with similar results.

I then tried 'MAPS Sexuality', which should tell you all you want to know - should you want to know....?.

Thank you. I’ll think I’ll leave it there. Through my previous work I came into contact with these people. After having my own children I decided to leave that career alone, as it really does mess with your mind. Having children just seemed to amplify it in my case. Not that you need to have children to be horrified, but in my case I couldn’t bring myself to work with them anymore. 

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

A couple of weeks ago we had a new girl start at work. I did something to help her and she gave me a hug. Yesterday I found out (at work) that she is Gay.

So what should my reaction be (after reading some of the comments  on this thread) if she tries to hug me again as a non gay female ( I hate the word straight, it implies that anything else is not right)? Should I recoil in horror, be afraid to work near her incase she touches me again?

No, if she wants to hug me again as a thank you etc I would hug her back as she is a PERSON.

I could be really pervy now redm.....but then that would be inappropriate and Mrs monkeh would likely rip my throat out.....

Edited by Monkeh
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't want to digress too much from the heartwarming story of this brave young man, but I always felt that the 'homophobic chanting' directed at Brighton fans was more in the line of friendly banter.

Whilst there have been some awful homophobic chants against certain individuals - no need to repeat them all on here, but some that stick in my mind include the ubiquitous 'Chelsea rentboy' at any young Chelsea loanee and various chants over the years directed towards Graeme Le Saux, who, to his embarrassment, was found, not only to have attended university but also to read The Guardian and have an interest in art ? - the Brighton chants seemed to be more in the line of 'We can see you holding hands'.

Anyway, Well Done young Jake Daniels and Good Luck.     

I think you should do some research on Graeme Le Saux and the impact those chants had on him and his career. And that is why these announcements are so important 

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

I’ve just had to look it up aswell. Absolutely staggering.
Troll or not to publicly say that paedophilia and being gay are somehow on a par makes me extremely concerned about who the F the poster is. Red flag behaviour if ever i have seen it and it i would even go as far as saying it needs to be reported.

Edited by bris red

5 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Just putting it out there to see what the response would be if a player came out as a MAP, without committing any illegal act.
Would being an open MAP also be classed as being brave & something we should celebrate, in the same way as coming out as gay?

You've had a bit of a mare there mate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Hard drive check needed.

7 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Strange no one has replied with a genuine answer to a geniune question.

Only berated me.

That’s OTIB for you though.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

You really think someone admitting to being one step removed from being a paedophile should be celebrated in the same way as someone in the public eye coming out as gay? Or even that those two things should be discussed in the same sentence or thread? What are you expecting people to say in response to your ‘genuine’ question? “Oh yes, we should welcome potential paedophiles with open arms into football” The key difference of course is that acting upon one urge would be criminal and the other would not.

As said before the fact that you equate a potential sex offender to a homosexual says a lot about you.

1 hour ago, gl1 said:

lastly let’s not too woke, the jokes about ‘leaving the back door open’ are just funny. 

5Live seamlessly, and without taking a breath, went from reporting on Jake Daniels to reading out an email about a listener working as a banana packer. They described the handling of bananas, discussed banana size, it really was quite the segue.

1 hour ago, TomF said:

The twitter post from Blackpool is an absolute horror show.  Every PL team has quoted it offering support and then the replies to each are awful. 

Which really just tells you that there are different consequences for an expressly homophobic corporation with a brand to protect and an expressly homophobic individual without such.

23 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Only berated me.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

A reasonable analogy would be the difference between a player openly becoming religious, and a player admitting to watching/engaging in extreme religious indoctrination inciting violence. 

ie no one who is sane thinks Mo Salah is a terrorist just because he’s Muslim for example

Edited by Murraysrightplum

21 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Only berated me.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

How is comparing somebody who attracted to minors to homosexual/homosexuality as a genuine question? It isn’t and it has only and purpose and that is to provoke and troll.

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

How is comparing somebody who attracted to minors to homosexual/homosexuality as a genuine question? It isn’t and it has only and purpose and that is to provoke and troll.

Im not comparing them. 

15 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Hard drive check needed.

For who? The MAP? Probably they do, yes. 

13 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

You really think someone admitting to being one step removed from being a paedophile should be celebrated in the same way as someone in the public eye coming out as gay? Or even that those two things should be discussed in the same sentence or thread? What are you expecting people to say in response to your ‘genuine’ question? “Oh yes, we should welcome potential paedophiles with open arms into football” The key difference of course is that acting upon one urge would be criminal and the other would not.

As said before the fact that you equate a potential sex offender to a homosexual says a lot about you.

Apparantly you cant chose your sexuality, right? 

1 hour ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I think you should do some research on Graeme Le Saux and the impact those chants had on him and his career. And that is why these announcements are so important 

Thank You for your response, but I am aware of the impact homophobic chants from opposing crowds had on Graeme Le Saux's career and, more importantly, on his life in general; hence the reason I referred to them as being awful.

You may find this truly enlightening article interesting. It is quite long, but well worth the read, I assure you.

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2019/01/31/graeme-le-sauxs-battle-against-homophobic-abuse-and-why-the-door-is-opening-for-gay-players-to-come-out-in-football/

2 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Its pronoun crazy at senior schools in bristol at the moment it seems. 13 year old Girls identifying as boys and calling themselves they is relatively normal

Its good to push it to an extent however,  I'm wondering being that young that they dont really understand and this may cause mental health issues down the road.

Again, totally different discussion and off topic 

17 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

You cant compare the two

I  guess paedophiles cant help the way they are and might want to be heterosexual. 

Seeing a squad of footballers getting unchanged though , got to think at least one is fit I would think. Imagine being in a room with a bunch of females getting naked .

Fair play to the lad , I'd have no problem with being in the changing room with him.

I think you might want to look up the meanings of Paedophile and Heterosexual.

Your comment about watching a squad of footballers getting unchanged is unworthy of a response.

9 minutes ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Im not comparing them.

Oh no you were 'simply asking what would be the response if a footballer came out as openly being a MAP' on a thread about the first openly gay male footballer in 32 years. Then deflect every comment back at you as you still can't see how this isn't a genuine question in an appropriate topic. 

That's OTIB for you. We won't lose any sleep ?

2 minutes ago, When the river runs said:

Not really LGBTQ 

You've responded though ?

Didn’t bait you or rise to you just suggested it’s off topic. Which it is

how is what you said related to a footballer declaring his homosexuality. 

7 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

This is your original question. The answer is categorically no. I imagine that person would be asking for help rather than asking to be accepted as just another one of the team. The reason? They are quite likely to engage in criminal activity with a minor or by watching those activities on the internet, which is also illegal. I’m surprised this is so difficult for you

1 hour ago, Lewisdabaron said:

Only berated me.

I wont lose any sleep. ? 

I'll give a genuine answer, but I really think it's fairly obvious.

A person attracted to minors is a person attracted to a vulnerable member of society.. whilst it would be brave to announce you were, it would not be something to celebrate.

Someone gay is someone attracted to a member of the opposite sex rather than a vulnerable segment.

Really shouldn't need explaining. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, When the river runs said:

Its pronoun crazy at senior schools in bristol at the moment it seems. 13 year old Girls identifying as boys and calling themselves they is relatively normal

Its good to push it to an extent however,  I'm wondering being that young that they dont really understand and this may cause mental health issues down the road.

Kids (and adults) do all kind of things at a young age to try and discover who they are. I expect if you think back to yourself in senior school and some of the things you did (or didn't do) you'd find the same. Young people have always experimented with this stuff.

I don't know of any evidence of doing what you're mentioning causing mental health issues.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Let's hope Jake doesn't read this thread :facepalm:

I doubt a 17 yo Blackpool player will be reading our forum 

And if he did, I think he will take heart at the amount of support and laugh of the ill informed post and the moronic comparison,

As about 1% of men identify as gay.  There are > 2500 pro footballers.  That would translate to roughly 25 gay footballers at anyone time. 

Now I'm not a fan of of the notion that someone has to be "out" to live a full life.  If you're happy in my view don't let the press pressure you into being public about your sexuality.  Conversely if it makes you miserable and makes it hard for you to date or be yourself then there shouldn't be a barrier from us as fans to someone doing that.  I hope he has a smooth ride and is not alone for long as some fans can be horrible.

I imagine he's already been inboxed some vile shit. 

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, RedM said:

many years ago my wife said we need a new shower, I was just about to search for one in work when the phone rang and I forgot about the shower.

got home  searched for shower pre any  safety nets.   was i educated,  but why?

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

As about 1% of men identify as gay.  There are > 2500 pro footballers.  That would translate to roughly 25 gay footballers at anyone time. 

Now I'm not a fan of of the notion that someone has to be "out" to live a full life.  If you're happy in my view don't let the press pressure you into being public about your sexuality.  Conversely if it makes you miserable and makes it hard for you to date or be yourself then there shouldn't be a barrier from us as fans to someone doing that.  I hope he has a smooth ride and is not alone for long as some fans can be horrible.

I imagine he's already been inboxed some vile shit. 

Pretty much my view on the whole thing too. Really well put.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of us these days think, you're gay? ok not really a story.

As a heterosexual male I have to say that some of my favourite lead vocalists have been gay and i'm sure there will come a time when i can add some of my favourite goal-scorers.

It's all really about being grown up about things. This is 2022 and not 1972.

Talksport made me laugh this morning on Jim White, with the big build up on this player is COMING OUT!!!!!!!

Yes, I wonder why it has taken so long.  The irony.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3

Just to reassure Pillred - my 26 year old son is gay, and to the best of my knowledge has never buggered anyone in the public change rooms when he goes swimming.

Consensually or against their will.

I'm so proud of him, resisting all that beefcake and behaving appropriately.

I hope you feel safe enough to return to a public changing area.

If this post triggers you - my apologies for any medical assistance you may require.

Hang on - the phones ringing.......

It's 1974 and it's asking for you Pillred....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

6 hours ago, reddoh said:

many years ago my wife said we need a new shower, I was just about to search for one in work when the phone rang and I forgot about the shower.

got home  searched for shower pre any  safety nets.   was i educated,  but why?

Ha ha I have no idea, I think I have lived a sheltered life ?

?

6 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Just to reassure Pillred - my 26 year old son is gay, and to the best of my knowledge has never buggered anyone in the public change rooms when he goes swimming.

Consensually or against their will.

I'm so proud of him, resisting all that beefcake and behaving appropriately.

I hope you feel safe enough to return to a public changing area.

If this post triggers you - my apologies for any medical assistance you may require.

Hang on - the phones ringing.......

It's 1974 and it's asking for you Pillred....

We used to play rugby with a guy in the 90's, and none of us had a clue about his sexuality until he felt he needed to share.  Some were a bit disappointed there were no indications in the scrum but everyone accepted his choice he didn't get dropped or anything daft and we moved on, the only difference was he felt able to bring his partner to games after that.

• Like 1

Well done to Jake for choosing to live his life the way he wants to.  

Yes, it shouldn't be a big deal in 2022, but it is in the world of professional sport.  Very brave and I hope it makes it easier for others to do the same. 

I went to Birthmarked last night at the Old Vic.   The story of a young man who's decision to be himself came at huge cost to himself and his family because of the community in which he was raised.   Very moving and positive.  Unfortunately, the circumstances in which some people find themselves still makes these decisions unbearably difficult.   Live a lie and suffer mentally with this, or be yourself and become ostracised.  It is still a big deal to many. 

To anyone that would like to understand a little more about the dilemma some still face, I thoroughly recommend it.  

https://bristololdvic.org.uk/whats-on/birthmarked

7 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

We used to play rugby with a guy in the 90's, and none of us had a clue about his sexuality until he felt he needed to share.  Some were a bit disappointed there were no indications in the scrum but everyone accepted his choice he didn't get dropped or anything daft and we moved on, the only difference was he felt able to bring his partner to games after that.

Put your tin hat on

On 17/05/2022 at 13:38, pillred said:

Because as a gay man he would find looking at other fit young men undressed sexually exiting, and that's my final word on the subject, if it doesn't bother you great me as I have said would find it a bit uncomfortable and I don't feel the need to apologise to you or anyone else for having that opinion.

Ahhh I see what it is you said that upset people, here is the flaw in your thinking.  I mentioned a lad I played rugby with who came out, it wasn't until we met his partner that  some of us got a bit more educated, his partner was a small, slight lad who was very effeminate, he was overtly gay in the way Alan Carr is gay mannerisms kind of way, so that's the kind of guy he found attractive, not a strapping young lad in the rugby showers, just because he likes boys doesn't mean he likes them all in a completely uncontrolled way.  Conversely continental saunas are a little disconcerting for about 5 minutes. 

• Like 1

On 17/05/2022 at 12:06, pillred said:

What is the general feeling about somebody who is gay i.e finds a member of there own sex physically attractive sharing showers and changing rooms? it's seems to be the Elephant in the room that nobody has yet discussed. I'm not sure I would be comfortable with it personally and am wondering what the players at the club feel about it and whether some might feel a little uncomfortable and ask that he uses separate changing and washing facilities, I would like to add that I have nothing against him for being gay but would be interested to hear what others think about the situation.    

• Flames 1

On 17/05/2022 at 11:02, PHILINFRANCE said:

I don't want to digress too much from the heartwarming story of this brave young man, but I always felt that the 'homophobic chanting' directed at Brighton fans was more in the line of friendly banter.

Whilst there have been some awful homophobic chants against certain individuals - no need to repeat them all on here, but some that stick in my mind include the ubiquitous 'Chelsea rentboy' at any young Chelsea loanee and various chants over the years directed towards Graeme Le Saux, who, to his embarrassment, was found, not only to have attended university but also to read The Guardian and have an interest in art ? - the Brighton chants seemed to be more in the line of 'We can see you holding hands'.

Anyway, Well Done young Jake Daniels and Good Luck.     

Whilst I think I'd probably agree with the intention (for most people), the reality is that it's not just "banter". You wouldn't accept it as banter if the subject of the chant was race or colour.

On 17/05/2022 at 11:48, Lewisdabaron said:

One of the strangest comments posted on this forum ?