IGNORED

Idehen to Carlisle on loan

Davefevs

19 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Bamba genuinely might be willing to play for that sort of money, he’s 37, doesn’t need to move & will probably retire next summer.

My hunch would be that the 2 youngsters are probably on around the figure you quote each, but that’s a guess, I’m not ITK.

I think you might be right. Some footballers, like people in other walks of life, are not entirely motivated by money. At this stage of his career he might well want to play for pleasure. I don't suppose he has a morrgage to worry about. 

47 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I think you might be right. Some footballers, like people in other walks of life, are not entirely motivated by money. At this stage of his career he might well want to play for pleasure. I don't suppose he has a morrgage to worry about. 

The other thing is - and this is not aimed at Bamba, whose circumstances I know nothing about - not all footballers are good at managing money so he may or may not have money put by. 

If he is getting £1500 a week, that's still £78, 000 a year, which is a very good professional salary. Outside of football, he may have no obvious route for earning potential or it could be to earn a lot less than £78, 000 a year. There are way more ex-players than management, coaching or media opportunities. I don't find it surprising a footballer would take what salary they can get whilst they can. 

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Brilliant move for him. 

Odd comments re his attitude. He fell out with Paul Hurst (who’s known to be a *****) because of false promises. Heard from a few people involved at the club that he’s an incredible character and loved by all. Could very much be involved in the first team ‘proper’ after this loan he’s that well regarded. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

There was more to it than just the above, hence why he has completely fallen out of favour at Ashton Gate.

Rightly or wrongly I have a feeling we may have seen the end of him in a City shirt

There’s only one way to resolve this…

8 hours ago, phantom said:

There was more to it than just the above, hence why he has completely fallen out of favour at Ashton Gate.

Rightly or wrongly I have a feeling we may have seen the end of him in a City shirt

First I’ve heard of this?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Maybe he's been 'sent to Coventry', or maybe he's been sent out to get games. Usually when this is the case there'd be a quote from one of the development coaches (or Tinman) to explain the rationale. I did think he was set to be part of the first team squad ...

So did I. IF there is a fall out I could imagine that this could be the reason. A disappointed player striking out… 

Still it’s all conjecture and not helpful to the cause so I’ll leave it there.

• Like 1

On 19/08/2022 at 08:17, brady bunch said:

3rd hand info and I am not ITK, but I have heard he has turned into "Billy big boots" and he thinks more of himself then the coaches do..............

It happens. Happened with Scot Murray in his first season here (which I’m sure he’s stated publicly) and look how well that turned out once he realised the problem.