IGNORED

Intensity passion quality

Red Army 75

I think what impresses me most, is that big money man Nakhi Wells could have easily downed tools with how little he has played under NP. Yet, he has been a revelation the start of this season now he has been given a chance and has shown himself as a true professional. Really great management from Pearson imo.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Curtis Fleming saying the management set the standards around the club and the senior players set the standards in the dressing room ,

Said we have , as we’ve realised , or most of us have , that we have an excellent set of senior pros setting the standards and helping the younger players 

Yes really interesting on sky where NP said it's good we have youth and enthusiasm in the team but you need a good set of experienced pro's to set the standards on and off the pitch.

4 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Yes really interesting on sky where NP said it's good we have youth and enthusiasm in the team but you need a good set of experienced pro's to set the standards on and off the pitch.

Didn’t see t GDL but I re- posted an interesting post In week  from a Leicester fan regarding his recruitment / build there 

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

Looks like we have a squad that are all on the bus and playing for the shirt and the Manager - At last!!

Interesting what he said about older players "..........as long as they've got the right attitude, and not souring the team morale " (something like that ) ,wonder if he was referring to anyone in particular ?

Edited by slartibartfast

5 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Interesting what he said about older players "..........as long as they've got the right attitude, and not souring the team morale " (something like that ) ,wonder if he was referring to anyone in particular ?

I think he maybe talking about one or two of the 13 or so he kicked out last season

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

That bit was a bit weird, wonder what he was talking about??? O Dowda????

Conway embodies everything about intensity, he stamped that right from the get go and inspired everyone 

2 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

That bit was a bit weird, wonder what he was talking about??? O Dowda????

Don't think so, we offered him a new contract, albeit on reduced post covid terms, which as his right decided on a better offer from Cardiff, apparently about 10 Championship teams interested in him

• Like 1

NP talked last season about having a team that opponents hate playing against. I've seen that for the first time under him this week, consistently anyway (for 180 minutes in back-to-back games).

That's the team I want to see as well: energy combined with quality - a significant improvement on the first three games and vast swathes of the last 18 months.

The challenge will be keeping it going in a packed schedule before the international break.

54 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I presume he’s talking about those having this who have remained, so Klose at the back, James & King In midfield & Weimann, Wells & Martin.

Presume he is suggesting that wasn’t the case with some that he’s moved on but I’m struggling to think who exactly he means.

• Thanks 1

I was told the other day by a reasonably senior player that he "can't remember having so much fun and enjoyment, both on and off the pitch, in his career".

That has to be a great motivational factor if that goes for the rest of the squad.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nige said at the start of last season , that the prem is all about power pace & intensity . If you want to get there that’s what you need & it’s how he wants his teams to play. We’re starting to see it over 90 minutes now rather than in 20 minute bursts last season. This is why I laugh at some of our fans who shout for sackings after one or two indifferent results. Pearson had a hell of a lot of work to do to get us where we are now& we’ve still got a long way to go yet.

just thinking about Conway, semenyo & wiemann or wells up top is very exciting 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Slacker said:

It was always going to require patience. Hopefully now things are starting to come together. Exciting times could be ahead. 

Agree with your comments. The word "could" is the important one.

We haven't yet played any of the three from the Prem or an away game at places like the Hawthorns or Ewood Park.

And yet if the Hull game had included two pens for us and none for the diving Tigers and we had not gifted Sunderland the extra two points, we could have been riding high.

Maybe we are not ready for a season's slog at the top but we appear to be a big improvement on last season. Hoping pride doesn't come before a fall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I think what impresses me most, is that big money man Nakhi Wells could have easily downed tools with how little he has played under NP. Yet, he has been a revelation the start of this season now he has been given a chance and has shown himself as a true professional. Really great management from Pearson imo.

I think this is an important point.  Pearson strikes me as a fair manager. If you get the chance and take it, you will be rewarded. It isn't all about favourites and "the usual". He will be straight with players like Wells and Vyner when they don't make the team, but also allow them a fair chance to redeem themselves and win their place back. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was told the other day by a reasonably senior player that he "can't remember having so much fun and enjoyment, both on and off the pitch, in his career".

That has to be a great motivational factor if that goes for the rest of the squad.

Definitely. The 2014-15 team had that spirit amongst them and it was evident in how they performed on the pitch.

Can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

Finally - back to back "meaningful" wins. Topped off with 2 good performances & clean sheets in both. 

Let's hope it's the start of a decent period & who knows where it could take us..! 

Mad to think that by 5pm on Saturday,  we COULD be top of the league! 

Crazy division,  where anyone can challenge,  whirh a few decent results strung together. 

Fingers crossed this is finally the start of a brighter period..! ?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, marcofisher said:

I’ve been guilty of thinking he looked like he had an attitude problem at times, don’t think there can be any question of that now with how he’s conducted himself

• Like 1

When you consider that we were pretty much robbed of 3 points at Hull & 2 at Wigan we are still sitting pretty nicely inside the top 10.

If we can hold on to Weimann & the young stars and be lucky with injuries we could be the surprise package this season. Pearson does appear to be building something really positive now & the momentum is building.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Nige said at the start of last season , that the prem is all about power pace & intensity . If you want to get there that’s what you need & it’s how he wants his teams to play. We’re starting to see it over 90 minutes now rather than in 20 minute bursts last season. This is why I laugh at some of our fans who shout for sackings after one or two indifferent results. Pearson had a hell of a lot of work to do to get us where we are now& we’ve still got a long way to go yet.

just thinking about Conway, semenyo & wiemann or wells up top is very exciting 

Win percentage ?

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Win percentage ?

As my mate said to me today . Get kalas back we’ll be better &  Naismith is a massive improvement . Credit where it’s due , vyner looks better having Kal in his ear all game. Proper leader Naismith . To have a player like klose on the bench says how well we’ve progressed . 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

As my mate said to me today . Get kalas back we’ll be better &  Naismith is a massive improvement . Credit where it’s due , vyner looks better having Kal in his ear all game. Proper leader Naismith . To have a player like klose on the bench says how well we’ve progressed . 

Naismith should have been made captain,  commanding presence all game

Just now, Magicseason said:

Naismith should have been made captain,  commanding presence all game

He’s a captain in all but name . Can never have enough leaders on the pitch. Best bit for me was him smacking Scott around the head Wednesday because he gave the ball away . Plus today , Atkinson went down injured right after their disallowed goal . Everyone waiting for the physio. Naismith walked over , lifted him up and told him to get on with it . Old skool that boy & I ******* love it . 

53 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s a captain in all but name . Can never have enough leaders on the pitch. Best bit for me was him smacking Scott around the head Wednesday because he gave the ball away . Plus today , Atkinson went down injured right after their disallowed goal . Everyone waiting for the physio. Naismith walked over , lifted him up and told him to get on with it . Old skool that boy & I ******* love it . 

Noticed that too…