IGNORED

Nahki Wells

redkev

2 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Goes to show just how professional he is.  His desire to get a run of games in the 23's was commendable.  And whilst playing there presumably built a good partnership with Young TC and jeez has it shown this past week.  They are on such a good wavelength together.  You look at it and when Semenyo is back it certainly isn't going to be easy for him to get past these two if they continue in this vein.

Knew Tommy would get man of the match, but I too thought Nahki was (just) more deserving.  Fantastic from him and long may it continue.

Agree semenyo is a bit of a wild card not as controlled in his game as Wells but more of a hand grenade going to be a great problem for the boss. 

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think the Cardiff defender was really expecting Nahki to switch back into his right foot.  Conway standing still (remember my previous comments re Le Tissier?) bought him 3-4 yards of space, coupled with Nahki’s cross meant he got his head to it.  Really was a top-striker’s header.  So chuffed for him.

Can’t say I was a fan of O’Dowda, just didn’t think he was anywhere near as good as a the view of couple of posters on here (one now on twitter)…but I didn’t think he was crap.

Today felt like a pretty usual performance, couple of runs that looked threatening, coupled with several runs without the ball where he made sure he didn’t have to make a challenge.  Whatever he goes on to achieve at Cardiff, for Bristol City it was the right decision.

Small point to note, Kipre started at LCB2 (Ng at RCB2), and Bentley hit three balls right down his throat at the start.  Then Bagan went off “concussed” (hence the 4th sub event) and Ng went to LB, Simpson came on at LCB2, with Kipre RCB2.  Simpson nowhere near as dominant.

Brntley did kick to Atkinson/ Dasilva a few times too, but the straight ball was towards their LCB2, and both Wells and Conway won their fair share.

With regard to O'Dowdie, it is all about end product, and he rarely if ever delivers?   I am sure he is a nice guy, but his career seems to be constantly stuck on nearly?  .....apart from one Saturday in Norwich many moon's ago?   Ha!  I wish him well, but, am so glad that NP saw exactly what he was, and got rid.

Edited by maxjak

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

With regard to O'Dowdie, it is all about end product, and he rarely if ever delivers?   I am sure he is a nice guy, but his career seems to be constantly stuck on nearly?  .....apart from one Saturday in Norwich many moon's ago?   Ha!  I wish him well, but, am so glad that NP saw exactly what he was, and got rid.

Agreed - O'Dowda always promised but hardly ever delivered.  Never clear why he was selected for Ireland so often. 

A nice guy and a competent player (when fit which wasn't often).  I enjoyed his Robins TV punditry but can hardly remember more than a handful of exciting performances on the pitch.  

• Like 3