IGNORED

Geordies v cited

redkev

Always use to worry when he played against us and quite often would score against us .

Think we can all agree and even Nhaki probably agrees it hasn’t been the move he or all of us had hoped for .

However credit where it’s due from looking from the outside he seems to be the model professional, helping the youngsters , asking to play for the u23s and still here doing his bit .

thought the last 2 games he has been very good .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Always use to worry when he played against us and quite often would score against us .

Think we can all agree and even Nhaki probably agrees it hasn’t been the move he or all of us had hoped for .

However credit where it’s due from looking from the outside he seems to be the model professional, helping the youngsters , asking to play for the u23s and still here doing his bit .

thought the last 2 games he has been very good .

What’s that got to do with the Man City game ?!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, redkev said:

City I mean

cracking game 

what to expect if we ever get to the promised land 

I think man city's usual 4/5-0 drubbing of most teams is more likely to be what to expect if we get to the Premier league. 

Will be fun for a season or 2 - but after that I expect I'll miss the competitiveness of the championship,  instead of the bullshit divide within the premier league. 

We'd have no chance of competing,  long term,  as almost every club of our size & plenty bigger,  have shown. 

Even the likes of Newcastle would probably have been back down with us,  had it not been for their foreign investment & January spending spree. 

It's a load of bollocks really - but I'd like to experience it for a spell. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think man city's usual 4/5-0 drubbing of most teams is more likely to be what to expect if we get to the Premier league. 

Will be fun for a season or 2 - but after that I expect I'll miss the competitiveness of the championship,  instead of the bullshit divide within the premier league. 

We'd have no chance of competing,  long term,  as almost every club of our size & plenty bigger,  have shown. 

Even the likes of Newcastle would probably have been back down with us,  had it not been for their foreign investment & January spending spree. 

It's a load of bollocks really - but I'd like to experience it for a spell. 

Funny enough was chatting to a couple of West Brom fans couple of years ago and they said roughly the same .

Championship is much more competitive, the grounds have much more atmosphere ( more genuine fans ) and grounds tend to be more in football communities etc Ashton gate not stuck out on some retail park . 
fans more passionate inside and outside the ground ( his words )

2 minutes ago, redkev said:

Funny enough was chatting to a couple of West Brom fans couple of years ago and they said roughly the same .

Championship is much more competitive, the grounds have much more atmosphere ( more genuine fans ) and grounds tend to be more in football communities etc Ashton gate not stuck out on some retail park . 
fans more passionate inside and outside the ground ( his words )

Exactly how I anticipate it. 

Don't get me wrong,  going to all the massive clubs will be great,  for the first time or 2...but then it's just an expensive day out to see how many goals we can limit them to..! 

Then,  you get the more competitive games,  against (mainly) teams we've played plenty of times over the last 10 years (Leeds,  Southampton,  Brentford,  Villa etc) 

A bit like craving the stunning blonde who's a regular in tour local pub. 

If you eventually pull her,  then it's great for a bit - but then you know she's probably just going through the motions until something (she thinks) better comes along and you are back to the average looking bird,  who's actually a far better shag & actually likes you...! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Exactly how I anticipate it. 

Don't get me wrong,  going to all the massive clubs will be great,  for the first time or 2...but then it's just an expensive day out to see how many goals we can limit them to..! 

Then,  you get the more competitive games,  against (mainly) teams we've played plenty of times over the last 10 years (Leeds,  Southampton,  Brentford,  Villa etc) 

A bit like craving the stunning blonde who's a regular in tour local pub. 

If you eventually pull her,  then it's great for a bit - but then you know she's probably just going through the motions until something (she thinks) better comes along and you are back to the average looking bird,  who's actually a far better shag & actually likes you...! 

I actually married the stunning blonde in our local and am still with her 30 years on ?

Just now, redkev said:

I actually married the stunning blonde in our local and am still with her 30 years on ?

Fair play Mr Everton...! 

You either have the funds or facilities to keep her happy - but do make sure that she's not been waiting for Nottingham Forest to make it back to the big time..! 

??

36 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

At least the standard of officiating seems to be just as poor as it is in the EFL. 

He is an Australian, who came over here a few years ago in a blaze of publicity having featured in an Australian match in which he was fully miked up and the (television) audience were able to hear his conversations with his linesmen and players alike.

I saw some highlights and, to be fair, he performed quite well and the programme itself was very interesting.

Unfortunately, he reffed at Ashton Gate a few seasons ago, I forget against who, and he was quite poor.

• Flames 2

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

He is an Australian, who came over here a few years ago in a blaze of publicity having featured in an Australian match in which he was fully miked up and the (television) audience were able to hear his conversations with his linesmen and players alike.

I saw some highlights and, to be fair, he performed quite well and the programme itself was very interesting.

Unfortunately, he reffed at Ashton Gate a few seasons ago, I forget against who, and he was quite poor.

Jared Gillett (I believe)? 

The decision making today was all over the place. Seemed to miss an abundance of fouls on Newcastle players. 

I think more managers will echo Nige's comments in the coming weeks. 

I saw Maatsen (Burnley) got sent off yesterday, for the exact same thing that Freeman did to Sykes. Albeit with 'a tad' more force...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

His first hand reffing us was (iirc) Barnsley (a)…when he was awful…game too quick for him.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

His first hand reffing us was (iirc) Barnsley (a)…when he was awful…game too quick for him.

I've just looked it up, and it would seem he has reffed us three times, all three in the 2020/21 season.

The away match was Birmingham (we won 3-0), and the two home matches were Norwich (1-3) and Cardiff (0-2).

I suspect it was the Cardiff match in which he was poor, although it may well have been all three.

11 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I've just looked it up, and it would seem he has reffed us three times, all three in the 2020/21 season.

The away match was Birmingham (we won 3-0), and the two home matches were Norwich (1-3) and Cardiff (0-2).

I suspect it was the Cardiff match in which he was poor, although it may well have been all three.

Are we still talking about Gillett?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50177704

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Are we still talking about Gillett?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50177704

I was, but the site I looked at only went back to July 2020.

https://www.football-lineups.com/referee/2312/

And the only reason you remember that game is because a certain Cauley Woodrow scored a last gasp equaliser for Barnsley ?.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 1