Looks like from opening minutes:

Wiles-Richards

Knight-Lebel Low Wood

Z.Bell Taylor-Clarke Owers Towler

Morton

Rose Backwell

(Wood LCB3 not Towler who is LWB)

9A1339EF-2FC0-4DAD-963A-C24F270E225D.jpeg

Saw Wood play left wing back in the friendly at Bath and thought he struggled there. Left side of the back 3 far more comfortable for him so good to see.

Just now, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Saw Wood play left wing back in the friendly at Bath and thought he struggled there. Left side of the back 3 far more comfortable for him so good to see.

He is very susceptible to being caught down the channel, inside or outside. Just made a good recovery sliding tackle though. 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t get why they don’t release Morton. They must see something in him I suppose or else they wouldn’t keep picking him.  Hopefully proves me wrong but I can’t see it myself. 

I don’t know that it’s seeing something in him, it’s more that he can’t get anything else - Notts County as trained with pre season didn’t happen in the end. I think it’s as simple as we’re paying him and it’s better he plays and adds some “experience” to the side as opposed to sitting on the sidelines if he doesn’t want to settle up. 

I’d imagine he’s seen as a good lad who knows he has no future here but the coaching staff are happy to involve as he’s not a disruptive influence.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

I don’t get why they don’t release Morton. They must see something in him I suppose or else they wouldn’t keep picking him.  Hopefully proves me wrong but I can’t see it myself. 

He's under contract, been looking for a club as he's been told his contract won't be renewed.

Nearly joined MK Dons last season but it fell through and did well on trial at Notts County but they had similar midfielders already.

Why shouldn't he be selected ? It would be a bit off just to drop him, especially as he's more than good enough for the U21s.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Posh 0-2 City

Towler

Replica of Atkinson. Free kick from left wing, bent away by Morton (Naismith-esque), for unmarked Towler to head -in unmarked, bounced it over 6’8” keeper like Kalas v Coventry. 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Replica of Atkinson. Free kick from left wing, bent away by Morton (Naismith-sequence), for unmarked Towler to head -in unmarked, bounced it over 6’8” keeper like Kalas v Coventry. 

Morton has a great set piece delivery on him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alexukhc said:

Tinnion said he has a better left foot than him once didn’t he

Not sure about that, think Tinnion was being modest, but his passing and set piece deliveries are very good.

I saw him play a couple of games for Notts County and he looked good, taking the corners, free kicks etc. He'll get a club, may have to be at that level to enable him to try to work his way back up.

Edited by bcfc01

Thought it was two fairly evenly matched teams, Peterborough with perhaps the better passing patterns, but they met a brick wall with Joe Low and Jamie Knight-Lebel especially.  We were better second half when Towler went back to LCB3, and although the pitch didn’t help (skid in one part, stick in another), we wasted some good opportunities in and around the box where we didn’t execute with the final touch or pass.

I’d not seen Porton or Oputeri before.  Oputeri I can imagine is a handful at 18s.  Porton looked very good technically, and played a good part in our strong finish to the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought it was two fairly evenly matched teams, Peterborough with perhaps the better passing patterns, but they met a brick wall with Joe Low and Jamie Knight-Lebel especially.  We were better second half when Towler went back to LCB3, and although the pitch didn’t help (skid in one part, stick in another), we wasted some good opportunities in and around the box where we didn’t execute with the final touch or pass.

I’d not seen Porton or Oputeri before.  Oputeri I can imagine is a handful at 18s.  Porton looked very good technically, and played a good part in our strong finish to the game.

How did Tommy Backwell do ?

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

He's under contract, been looking for a club as he's been told his contract won't be renewed.

Nearly joined MK Dons last season but it fell through and did well on trial at Notts County but they had similar midfielders already.

Why shouldn't he be selected ? It would be a bit off just to drop him, especially as he's more than good enough for the U21s.

I always thought Morton to be a decent player. But as I said back on July 3 he seems destined to be another Frankie Artus, a perennial player, even sometime captain for the reserves/development side but never to don a 1st team shirt. 

Edited by RoystonFoote'snephew
Typo alteration

57 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

How did Tommy Backwell do ?

He was really bright, a couple of times though he lacked a bit of conviction with his touch or pass.  Couple of lovely bits of skill, one where his drag back created room for a shot and it got deflected for a corner.  He pressed well, causing a few hairy moments for their CBs in possession.  Missed a good one-on-one (keeper saved his “dink”) from an Oputeri pass, but a few mins later atoned after a mistake, pouring on a ball in the ball, moved it inside and finished with a left foot shot reversed back from where he’d come from.

Commentators were complimentary about him, and unbiased too.  They talked about Harv’s 100k tik-tok followers and didn’t resort to things like “City’s no4” or stuff like that.  No highlights though, or I’d have clipped and shared.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Taking a place of someone else. I’d just pay his contract up. Would cost about the same as one weeks wage of Wells.