IGNORED

Match Report: Semenyo's wild return seals cup win

Olé

Bit generous for Semenyo. Yes he held the ball up well by the corner flag, but was also very rusty. A few slightly dodgy touches, lost possession on the halfway line by trying to be too tricksy, and blazed a crossed too hard too at one stage. 

Scott on the other hand did nothing wrong, oozed class. To be below Semenyo just isn’t fair. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Selred said:

Bit generous for Semenyo. Yes he held the ball up well by the corner flag, but was also very rusty. A few slightly dodgy touches, lost possession on the halfway line by trying to be too tricksy, and blazed a crossed too hard too at one stage. 

Scott on the other hand did nothing wrong, oozed class. To be below Semenyo just isn’t fair. 

I can agree with that. A lot of rust but closing down to win the ball back leading to his goal is always going to bump your rating up. Scott was different class though and the game changed in our favour immediately. 

I think the midfield scores are maybe a bit harsh. None of them played particularly well but the first half they mostly watched the ball fly over their heads from both sides. Made it very difficult to affect the game. Felt a bit sorry for Kadji as we probably could not see what he was really about but a debut, an hour and a goal is a good day. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Selred said:

Who cares if it's fair?  Antoine is our Talisman?  I would have given him a 10......Ha!!

• Confused 1

Great report from ole as always. 
I note he gave Wilson 7 read elsewhere he was poor first half improved 2nd. 
perhaps worth a thread in its own right but like to know peoples take in respect of Kane Wilson , anyone who was there last night.  
He’s a player who once he gets going with us should be a very positive option

love your reports Ole, when can we hear your "filth" on OSIB, I for one miss you on it.... Stanley is getting far too easy a ride now...

I also think it was Wilson and not Tanner who turned the ball goal-wards for the first, from the corner.

Wilson was shaky in the first half, but got better and its hard to argue with an assist (probably more of his hand then thigh!) and a well taken goal. I am nit picking, of course! and I am not normally a pedant.........