IGNORED

Papa Joke Cup

Davefevs

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

Mebbe just me, but taking piss out of what is some of our best performances ever, in terms of winning and final appearances doesn't sit well, especially as we've won cock all else of note

At one point we were best ever performers in this cup. Dont shit on your own door step??? 

But that was when it was a proper, lower division cup. Now its just a meaningless way of getting a runout for the Prem u21s against first team footballers. No more meaningful than preseason friendlies now.

• Like 13

Still annoyed they allowed youth teams into the tournament. Completely discredits the tournament and disrespects the actual teams in it. If you want ‘mens’ football for your youth, loan them out or play them your damn self. Don’t dump them into ‘lesser’ cup competitions that don’t have your precious big 6. 

I’m actually in a really good mood but needed to get that out.

• Like 16

9 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Mebbe just me, but taking piss out of what is some of our best performances ever, in terms of winning and final appearances doesn't sit well, especially as we've won cock all else of note

At one point we were best ever performers in this cup. Dont shit on your own door step??? 

We still are I believe. It’s a fine competition. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

But that was when it was a proper, lower division cup. Now its just a meaningless way of getting a runout for the Prem u21s against first team footballers. No more meaningful than preseason friendlies now.

? %

This is a poor relation to the LDC, FRT, JPT etc.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

The fact I have such fond memories of the competition is exactly why I hate the “condescending to the lower leagues”/“bootlicking to the Premier League” mess it has become. 

The fans of clubs in League One and Two deserve so much better than being dragged into a training exercise for Premier League youth teams.

• Like 15
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The fact I have such fond memories of the competition is exactly why I hate the “condescending to the lower leagues”/“bootlicking to the Premier League” mess it has become. 

The fans of clubs in League One and Two deserve so much better than being dragged into a training exercise for Premier League youth teams.

Especially when the EPPP / Premier League 2 (u23) was supposed to be the way forward for PL Club youngsters.

• Like 1