IGNORED

Tommy Conway - EFL Young Player of the Month

Bristol_South_End

10 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Well done Tommy - keep knocking them in.

Our quartet of youngsters - what order do we rate them in?

Antoine > Tommy > Alex > HNM

They're all at different stages of development, and have different strengths/weaknesses. I'd maybe separate HNM off a bit because he's running down his contract.

Otherwise, I'd just say I am excited that they all play in my team, and refuse to rate one above the other. Just trying to make the most of a good thing while we have it!

Edited by Sleepy1968
god awful spelling today
  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

15 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

They're all at different stages of development, and have different strengths/weaknesses. I'd maybe separate HNM off a bit because he's running down his contract.

Otherwise, I'd just say I am excited that they all play in my team, and refuse to rate one above the other. Just trying to make the most of a good thing while we have it!

Fair point. I think one can try to judge who will go furthest in the game though.  I can see Alex Scott playing for England but I wouldn’t say Semenyo would get to that level necessarily even if he was eligible.  Think he will be good premier league player though 

• Like 2

Well done Tommy. Deserved.

Many though make the ‘break through’, the key is to keep it going. Soon you won’t be the ‘new kid on the block’. Teams will have analysed your strengths and will counter them and the weaknesses, which they will exploit. 

Only the best survive. Be the best. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bristol_South_End said:

Confusing why it’s young player of the month and not player of the month ?‍♂️ We have risen to 4th in the table from the bottom half and he has been scoring in every win ?‍♂️ Ageist as confusing to me why Scotland call him to the u21s and not the seniors despite out scoring and out performing those ahead of him in a higher standard of football ….is it the fact he’s a Bristol City player perhaps 

21 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Confusing why it’s young player of the month and not player of the month ?‍♂️ We have risen to 4th in the table from the bottom half and he has been scoring in every win ?‍♂️ Ageist as confusing to me why Scotland call him to the u21s and not the seniors despite out scoring and out performing those ahead of him in a higher standard of football ….is it the fact he’s a Bristol City player perhaps 

I guess they deem an older player to have performed better this month?

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/september/sky-bet-championship-player-of-the-month-august-nominations/

Estupinan for example has 7 goals in August for example.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

Strange thing to find an issue with!

Gives the younger players a much greater opportunity to win an award, they'd very rarely win it if they were against everyone of all ages.

• Like 2

Richly deserved.  And what a fantastic response from him in that video.  Totally genuine lad.  Really made yup for him.  

I don't really care about promotion tbh.  Young City academy players playing great football in an exciting team that give their all for the shirt is all I ask for.  Fantastic season so far for me. ?

• Like 5