IGNORED

Norwich City away match thread

Just now, tin said:

I don't actually think we've played too badly in that first half, although I've been surprised at how high our back line has been. Two bad mistakes by Naismith, but Conway and Dasilva (or was it Wells?) missed guilt-edged chances too. Norwich look to be playing well within themselves, mind. 2-0 is often a precarious lead, that next goal was always going to be crucial. Game on. 

By far the better team. Very composed is possession too. 
Two Naismith shockers have made it a tough job but that Conway goal was coming and fully deserved. 

22 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Is this a woosh or are you thinking Zak is wearing No 4??

It's no woosh, he doesn't keep the line at all, it causes the back three disruptions. I'm not talking about stand out glaring errors, it's how he positions off of the play and how it affects others. Naismith was 100% playing a stupid pass but he played that pass because we're not giving more than one option, the reason I pulled Vyner up is because he was way away from Pukki but not playing to his line so the second Naismith messed up the pass Pukki was in a massive pocket of open space but onside and Vyner was so much deeper that he couldn't step up to play him offside. 

This is what I don't understand, when we make a mistake in defence everyone looks for the obvious bad pass but are oblivious to the rest of the teams positioning. I attached an image and you can see Naismith has no simple option, if he passes forward there is a Norwich midfielder in-between our options and you have their player sprinting to close down Naismith, he can't turn around because Pukki could then pressure, he has no easy option other than to lump it, however he's being chased down so he plays it quickly and fails. 
It's easy to blame Naismith because with hindsight he should have pumped it forward but Naismith hates to waste possession and is used to players running into space where he can make the pass so we need players to offer. The issue in this case was that once Naismith made that mistake Zac wasn't paying attention to the threat, he was watching the play which is why Vyner is not a natural centre back and I stand by that. I also think it's why Pearson wants a right sided centre back because had Vyner been watching the threat (Pukki) he would have stepped up high to play him offside, instead he was just walking and ball watching and due to that he played Pukki onside.

With a player like Pukki you find out if your centre backs are top tier championship centre backs, Pukki knew he was getting that ball before Vyner even saw the danger, that's a sign that he cannot handle top quality strikers.

So to answer you, no woosh, a clear case of looking at the whole pitch, not just the player on the ball.

example.png

@TommyD68- rather than me having to write this all out again to you as well

Edited by Spike

If we ( Naismith) didn't make stupid defensive mistakes we would be a very dangerous team.

For the last 20 minutes we have made Norwich look decidedly second best. What is especially impressive is that we came back into the game by playing controlled passing football and creating chances, rather than just lumping it forward, as would have been the case in recent seasons.

Pick the bones out of that.

We have for long periods looked really good. Had more efforts than them and restricted them to just two shots on target.

Sadly both of them came from huge cock ups. First one particularly, head it, boot it, anything but what he did. They are far to good to give those type of chances to.

Much actually to be pleased about but cannot afford to give away those type of chances. Could end up any score.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, TommyD68 said:

What game are you watching? This Vyner slander is so boring and tiresome, been one of our better players over the last 5/6 games. Naismith at fault for both, Vyner could do nothing about either. It would actually be 3-0 if it wasn’t for his great block early on, you probably decided to turn a blind eye to that one though. 

The same one as everyone else only I'm looking at the whole pitch, not just the glaring mistake. Read my other reply if you want to know what I'm talking about. Naismith gave the ball away, Vyner gave the chance away.

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Putting aside the giveaway goals , we have cut up the Promotion favourites away from home

Anyone who can’t see how far we have come in 12-18 months .......well

We look a good side

100%

It’s amazing really the change in a relatively short time. We look so good to watch! Norwich know they are in a game.

Frustrating about the 2 errors but the signs are there, again.

• Like 3

Guys this is something we don't get here for a lot of years. This team has spirit, and character. I wrote off Naismith and I still do but this is not about Naismith.

This is about a lovely team full of youngsters that after 2-0 down, keep their head up, and they prove what they can do. They prove that 8 games unbeaten were not just lucky games. This group of players is something we never had for decades.

It is 2-1 ok, but this is an unfair score, we were the better team, and we play away. Trust me, Norwich city manager will not have a calm speech during half time, he is scared and he should be because we are CITY. 

I feel we can get back in game, but even if we don't, I can take this defeat, the way we could control the game the way we pass feels very confident to bring more goals. We will have Kalas back we have Semenyo also.

No matter what happens this game, but this will be a very interesting season, mark my words because I am a very pesimist supporter usually.

Qoute me and say if I am wrong. Maybe I don't know anything about footballs, but this is my opinion.

• Like 9
5 minutes ago, tin said:

I don't actually think we've played too badly in that first half, although I've been surprised at how high our back line has been. Two bad mistakes by Naismith, but Conway and Dasilva (or was it Wells?) missed guilt-edged chances too. Norwich look to be playing well within themselves, mind. 2-0 is often a precarious lead, that next goal was always going to be crucial. Game on. 

Not sure you can call them gilt edged.

Certainly not Dasilvas but it is a great block from the defender