IGNORED

Buying or selling Reading away tickets

scarz3

• The title was changed to Buying or selling Reading away tickets
6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think they’ve just released the next block along - initially only R32 and R31 available, R30 is now on sale - which annoyingly is a better situated block!

Either way back up to 700 available now

I would be amazed if anyone actually sits in their correct seats at away matches, even after choosing them. Will be interesting to see what happens as it's sold out, expect some squabbles. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, One Team said:

Wasn’t there something a few years back where Reading said they would never give us the whole end again? I think it was the 0 - 2 win in the GJ Championship season and we had the whole stand, well over 5k and made a hell of a racket! 

Yep is was bouncing literally. Think it was over 4k. Skuse and Adebola scored I think 

• Like 1

I am a member but received no notification of any ticket sales. Did the ST holders snap up the allocation? Normally there are direct alerts and messages on the OS but during international breaks I don’t visit the OS as often. You snooze, you lose. Not looking forward to breaking this to my son when he gets home, it’s our closest away game.

3 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

I am a member but received no notification of any ticket sales. Did the ST holders snap up the allocation? Normally there are direct alerts and messages on the OS but during international breaks I don’t visit the OS as often. You snooze, you lose. Not looking forward to breaking this to my son when he gets home, it’s our closest away game.

Tickets went on sale at 10am this morning to season ticket holders and sold out by 1ish. 
If any had been left, member sales would have opened at 10am tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

Looks like there will be more empty seats than home fans, home attendances are not good, not good at all. here’s hoping for an additional allocation

A0443E0B-BCAC-4381-9D70-D992DA9A999E.png

17 minutes ago, sugarwray said:

Looks like there will be more empty seats than home fans, home attendances are not good, not good at all. here’s hoping for an additional allocation

A0443E0B-BCAC-4381-9D70-D992DA9A999E.png

The problem is with there now, they’ve split what was the away end into half. Despite the rest of the ground being mostly empty, they’ve allowed 1k or so to take up the other half of that end. 
God knows how much money they have turned down as a result. 

1 minute ago, Betty Swallocks said:

The problem is with there now, they’ve split what was the away end into half. Despite the rest of the ground being mostly empty, they’ve allowed 1k or so to take up the other half of that end. 

It was an attempt to improve home atmosphere or that's the reason they gave when doing it

13 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Madness, especially for a club with financial problems ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Betty Swallocks said:

1 hour ago, CityFarAndWide said:

It was an attempt to improve home atmosphere or that's the reason they gave when doing it

Well, half the posters on here (well a few anyway :) ) have been arguing for years that we should do the same.

Stupid question but anyone who travels knows Reading is by far the worst away day or place to watch football - why don't people disappointed to miss tickets not travel an extra hour to go to one of the many MUCH better away days (pub, location, stadium, atmosphere)? Not being unsympathetic just not sure why everyone is so obsessed with tickets to this fixture against all others.

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, allyolly said:

I missed out on tickets a couple of seasons ago and allegedly it wasn’t at all difficult to get tickets in the home end. 

Disclaimer 
I am not suggesting that anyone would want to do this of course.

Bearing in mind how quickly we’ve sold out, can see many City fans getting tickets in home areas….

Impressive to see us sell out so quickly ?

4 hours ago, One Team said:

Wasn’t there something a few years back where Reading said they would never give us the whole end again? I think it was the 0 - 2 win in the GJ Championship season and we had the whole stand, well over 5k and made a hell of a racket! 

Yes that was the first game I took my daughter to and she had rather a high expectation thereafter! I remember driving home listening to the local radio phone in and their fans were livid about how many of us there were.

As I am only a member I don't have a ticket so add me to the list of potential buyer of any available tickets :fingerscrossed:

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Stupid question but anyone who travels knows Reading is by far the worst away day or place to watch football - why don't people disappointed to miss tickets not travel an extra hour to go to one of the many MUCH better away days (pub, location, stadium, atmosphere)? Not being unsympathetic just not sure why everyone is so obsessed with tickets to this fixture against all others.

You can't beat the scenic walk back to the station. Maybe a bit long for some, but nature at it's finest.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

I can see a lot of people buying home tickets especially if the upcoming fixtures return points , I’m surprised reading didn’t issue us with more to eliminate the problems this could cause

Reading not known for trouble so would say safe to buy in most parts of ground 

Been a couple of times, their away end is split I believe hence the allocation? Is it lower than usual or?

I assume they would do checks of some kind, we did in the past for Leeds iirc in 2019 especially.