IGNORED

saturday 3pm kick offs to be broadcast and allowed legally?

Never to the dark side

• The title was changed to saturday 3pm kick offs to be broadcast and allowed legally?

I’m pretty against the idea of it tbh. I worry that it’ll affect our thriving league system here. 

If they do, do it, the money earned for each pass sold should be split amongst clubs in that division equally. 

Wasn’t it shown to affect attendances when it was viewable on red button in pubs for midweek games?

Edited by Carey 6

The bigger story is that online rights are being opened for tender by more companies going forward -

Considering how iFollow is there specifically to bring in revenue directly for people who want to watch their own team, isn't this a massive backward step for the sake of Loadsamoney Right Now?

1 hour ago, sephjnr said:

The bigger story is that online rights are being opened for tender by more companies going forward -

Considering how iFollow is there specifically to bring in revenue directly for people who want to watch their own team, isn't this a massive backward step for the sake of Loadsamoney Right Now?

So what happens when each of those companies buys a packet of games each? Fans then need a subscription to each platform. Some may already have that, but others won't. 

I'm on the fence, but generally believe the EFL and it's clubs would be better off investing in improving iFollow and club TV formats than chasing the unicorn of new TV rights.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Massively against it, it helps big clubs who either sell out or away games where their away allocation sells out. But in lower leagues the amount of streams they’d need to make up for lost people at games won’t be worth it for them. 

Tend to agree, but need to understand how the revenue model works first.  If it’s £200m versus £119m across the 72 clubs (yes, I know it won’t be split equally) then need to understand:

• how much your club is gonna benefit from the right themselves
  • minus how much they’ll lose from people not attending
  • hos much they’ll gain in steaming subs

plus of course the more intangible, what will it mean to the atmosphere in grounds.

I haven’t thought this through, and without knowing the rules of beam-back, could you do something like…when x% of ticket sales have reached, you can then offer streaming.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tend to agree, but need to understand how the revenue model works first.  If it’s £200m versus £119m across the 72 clubs (yes, I know it won’t be split equally) then need to understand:

• how much your club is gonna benefit from the right themselves
  • minus how much they’ll lose from people not attending
  • hos much they’ll gain in steaming subs

plus of course the more intangible, what will it mean to the atmosphere in grounds.

I haven’t thought this through, and without knowing the rules of beam-back, could you do something like…when x% of ticket sales have reached, you can then offer streaming.

You could watch every city game now for £100 and then £50 a year with one of those firestick things 

• Like 1