IGNORED

any one get a parking ticket for parking near Halfords?

Never to the dark side

Heard that a City fan got a parking ticket for being picked up by their partner after the one of the city games in the vicinity of the rear of Halfords service road.

From what I have been told his partner only drove into the rear of Halfords car park, turned round and parked by the side of Halfords where the big Halfords sign is.

Did any one else get caught,and just a heads up and be careful where you are WAITING near the area.

• Admin
5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Heard that a City fan got a parking ticket for being picked up by their partner after the one of the city games in the vicinity of the rear of Halfords service road.

From what I have been told his partner only drove into the rear of Halfords car park, turned round and parked by the side of Halfords where the big Halfords sign is.

Did any one else get caught,and just a heads up and be careful where you are WAITING near the area.

I'd be checking the facts about just turned around

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I’m guessing this was a parking ticket (PCN) sent by post. These PCN’s are sent after someone stays longer than the time specified on the parking signs. Registration plates are recorded by ANPR  cameras when arriving and leaving the retail park.

I think there’s more to this story that we are not being told.

Like I said in the week when people were saying about how poor they thought the crowd was , to actually get to and then park at Ashton gate is like getting up for work on a Monday morning, this council seem to do everything possible to make the experience of getting to Ashton gate as hard as possible , if ( big if ) city ever get to the premier league you watch the council start licking arse to try to jump the n the band wagon . Our council makes me sick , faceless hypocrites 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Easy pickings mate.

It is in one sense, though these unregulated pikey firms shouldn’t be paid a penny.

Only councils and the police can enforce fines.

What the company at Paxton do is simply hand out an invoice with no authority!

Edited by Pickle Rick

23 minutes ago, redkev said:

Like I said in the week when people were saying about how poor they thought the crowd was , to actually get to and then park at Ashton gate is like getting up for work on a Monday morning, this council seem to do everything possible to make the experience of getting to Ashton gate as hard as possible , if ( big if ) city ever get to the premier league you watch the council start licking arse to try to jump the n the band wagon . Our council makes me sick , faceless hypocrites 

Interesting view. Thanks to the Park and Ride, I find it an absolute doddle these days and it’s a shame there isn’t the will to expand these services far more widely. 

Problem being it’s the club who ultimately foot the bill to make up for the absolutely appalling public transport provision. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Interesting view. Thanks to the Park and Ride, I find it an absolute doddle these days and it’s a shame there isn’t the will to expand these services far more widely. 

Problem being it’s the club who ultimately foot the bill to make up for the absolutely appalling public transport provision. 

Depends where you are coming from to reel the rewards of the park & ride which is decent if you live in the right area , but as you mention nothing to do with our pathetic council 

13 hours ago, italian dave said:

The easiest pickings would be along the road outside the Ashton, now that it’s become a clearway. It’s still full every game and as far as I’m aware no-one is getting ticketed. Is that deliberate? Or have I missed something? 

Interesting one this! That clearway is under North Somerset and surprised nothing has happened (yet) whilst Bristol Council couldn’t wait to issue tickets on the A370!

Also, yesterday, most of the cars were parked we’re parked half way on the pavement, bet the cyclists will be reporting that!

You never see a enforcement officer before the game at Ashton Gate,  are they sent deliberately after kick off, easy money for the council, I went upto Wellington Hill on matchday never seen one enforcement officer before or during the game, and the illegal parking up there is unbelievable, parking on street corners ,bends ,and on traffic light junctions, not one ticket issued, 

• Like 2

On 15/10/2022 at 18:54, redkev said:

It is annoying but do feel free to stand for Councillor at the next election and make parking free for all City fans. 

On 15/10/2022 at 18:54, redkev said:

Why is it the council's fault that companies like Halfords 'sell' their parking?

On 16/10/2022 at 09:58, Red-Al said:

You never see a enforcement officer before the game at Ashton Gate,  are they sent deliberately after kick off, easy money for the council, I went upto Wellington Hill on matchday never seen one enforcement officer before or during the game, and the illegal parking up there is unbelievable, parking on street corners ,bends ,and on traffic light junctions, not one ticket issued, 

As I explained on the thread regarding the lack of penalties City get being linked to Rovers being every referees favourite second team and noone liking a gurt Ted, it seems the same can be applied to enforcement officers. Either that, or you may be being a tad paranoid :)

1 minute ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Why is it the council's fault that companies like Halfords 'sell' their parking?

He’s possibly referring to actually just getting anywhere near Ashton Gate at the moment. Took me 2 hours to travel 5 miles home after the QPR game.

The parking situation has always been poor, as it is for every club in an old ground surrounded by residential streets.

The club are hoping to alleviate this issue by reducing crowd numbers next year by making our performances as painful to watch as possible. Clever bastards.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

As I explained on the thread regarding the lack of penalties City get being linked to Rovers being every referees favourite second team and noone liking a gurt Ted, it seems the same can be applied to enforcement officers. Either that, or you may be being a tad paranoid :)

I know of a few people who have had PCN's issued whilst parked on the South Bristol Trade Park opposite Trust Ford during night games. I bet the parking company doesn't send anyone down there on any other nights.

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Hit a soft spot did I,  truth hurts doesn't it, 

2 hours ago, Red-Al said:

Hit a soft spot did I,  truth hurts doesn't it, 

I'm not quite sure how City fans getting parking tickets is you hitting a soft spot . Or are you seriously suggesting parking companies and traffic wardens are targeting City fans whilst ignoring Rovers fans parking misdemeanours?

Edited by Miah Dennehy

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm not quite sure how City fans getting parking tickets is you hitting a soft spot . Or are you seriously suggesting parking companies and traffic wardens are targeting City fans whilst ignoring Rovers fans parking misdemeanours?

I have unfortunately recieved several parking tickets over the years whilst a g*shead I know has never been given a single one.Mind you I have been driving for decades,and he only passed his test last week. 

And he doesn't actually own a car yet.However,I think the point still stands!

• Haha 4