IGNORED

Really?

Tomo

48 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

That's some random on Twitter whose opinions carry no more weight than Truss .

Here we go Roy:

Eddie Hitler

@EddieHitler . Follow

Nigel Pearson is not under severe pressure from the Board at Bristol City.  The Club is not weighing up its options.

#BristolCity #sackrace #TwitterNonsense

Fixed            ?

• Haha 3

Standard Roy but I'll play Devil's Advocate with this post just because.

I'll bite and put some sort of counter point if not that seriously.

He is under severe pressure, as the EFL don't accept our anakyais of Covid add-backs, claims and losses beyond the more acceptable ones.

Therefore, the strategy is to get up THIS season and avoid FFP sanctions in 2023-24 that way. If the board see that slipping away...

?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Robin 1

I have it on good authority the board are indeed weighing up their options. The buffet company for their next meeting can do finger options or a hot buffet selection which - whilst appealing on paper - runs increased risk of food spillage down people's shirts.

It's a real 50/50 as to which way they are going to go on this one. 

• Haha 2

Nothing I believe is based on a RoyDe Alien tweet but I don’t think Pearson will have another 4 or 5 game winless spell in him without coming under quite a lot of pressure. It was barely fair to judge him on last season but there was murmurings of discontent from above even then. Players now look to me like they aren’t running through walls for their manager. Creeping feeling of inevitability about the situation. 

Also heard the first shouts of Pearson out within the stadium for the first time on Saturday. Fan pressure may speed up the situation if AG turns as it has in the past.

Only thing that makes me doubt a change is getting closer is a severe lack of viable alternatives. 

Edited by Bouncearoundtheground
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Champfan45 said:

Do people really feel confident that we will be able to attract a manager that is significantly more qualified than NP? I have my doubts 

Yes.  I think we would because of our facilities, ownership, and that the FFP restrictions from previous <Mark Ashton> overspends fall away the season after next IIRC.

Neil Warnock was asked a few months ago about which clubs he would like to manage, it was Sheffield Wednesday (local rivals as he's managed Sheffield United), Bristol City and one other.

I don't think that he was being romantic about us but rather that we are seen as a club that a decent manager with the right tailwinds thinks they could take successfully into the Premiership and stay there; this is a club at which a manger can make their reputation.

That said I would like Nigel to at least see out his full contract unless there becomes a serious risk of relegation.  Maybe with the FFP shackles gone he is the one to take us up. 

23 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Yes.  I think we would because of our facilities, ownership, and that the FFP restrictions from previous <Mark Ashton> overspends fall away the season after next IIRC.

Neil Warnock was asked a few months ago about which clubs he would like to manage, it was Sheffield Wednesday (local rivals as he's managed Sheffield United), Bristol City and one other.

I don't think that he was being romantic about us but rather that we are seen as a club that a decent manager with the right tailwinds thinks they could take successfully into the Premiership and stay there; this is a club at which a manger can make their reputation.

That said I would like Nigel to at least see out his full contract unless there becomes a serious risk of relegation.  Maybe with the FFP shackles gone he is the one to take us up. 

That manager would need to back himself to last 20 months! ???

If we do part ways, we have to hire someone young and hungry. Someone who wants to cut their cloth. I made a sensible suggestion about a manager in the A League in Australia who has performed miracles out there on a NO MONEY BUDGET, and is personally responsible for building some of the stronger youth players in AUS in his two previous roles, who were heavily involved in the Socceroos U17 and U21 cup winning teams this summer. 

John Aloisi had 5 years playing in England, including in the Premier League and he was a skilful player, tough and a winner!

The way he had Brisbane Roar playing and the way he has transformed Western Utd has been noting short of miraculous and there are many in Aus who say he should be the next Socceroo manager. 

Given the A League wage caps, he wont be on high wages and would not be an expensive risk, but I genuinely feel he could be a manager that would tick a lot of boxes for us, and I think he would leave Aus to manage in England.

His experience as a manager in Australia has been nothing short of progressive and I don't think it will be long before he starts to catch the eye of an English club and when he does, I think he'll bring success. I just pray Lansdown has one eye on him and is the one to bring him to England, as I truly believe he is the manager who can take us to the Premier League within 2/3 years. He is only 46, and his teams play with passion, he has supported and promoted youth, has worked on the worse budget in the A League and made the team he manages Champions whilst being regarded by many the worse team in the league with no marquee players. There will be people who don't watch the A League or think it's only A League football and it doesn't compare to the Championship, or because they haven't heard of him, it's a rubbish suggestion, but his success is there for all to see on paper and he is still young, played at the highest level, was a leader for his National Team and whilst his initial appointment in Australia was a flop, he was in charge of the Melbourne Heart team who were awful, and ironically 6 months after they sacked him, they were brought by Manchester City's owners and bought success. 
Aloisi then was hired as the youth team coach for Melbourne Victory and ironically brought through 3/4 players who would go on to be some of Victory's and Australia's key players in the next 2 years. But he cut short that appointment to go back into management, feeling he was ready and he led a cash strapped Brisbane to a top 4 finish and semi finals. The following year he led them again to the top 4 and was rewarded with a 3 year contract. The following season, the club sold some of its better players and he relied on his youth players but still managed to come 5th, just missing out on the playoffs. 
Despite a poor start the next season, the fans and club still backed him, but he openly in an interview where he was close to tears, said he was resigning as he felt he could not take the club any further. He gained so much respect around Australia for this.

He went back to Melbourne Victory in charge of youth development and helped their U19s win the league and then their U21s win the U21s AFC Cup, which no Australian club had done before.

He was then approached by Western Utd after they came bottom of the league and signed a 2 year deal. In his first season, he brought in 3 players and promoted youth players and had the bottom budget and having let them to 3rd in the League, they went on to win the Championship at only their 3rd year in the A League, having finished 10th in their first two season's and not having a single Marquee player. He effectively done a Leicester City in the Premier League. 

He is in his final year of contract and they sold 3 players this summer and he was given no real funding to recruit and he has not shouted and screamed about it and whilst he has not signed a new contract beyond this season, he is widely tipped to be offered the Australia Managers job after the World Cup. 

He is exactly the sort of manager who is currently under the radar that we should be looking at before he catches the attention of other clubs. 

Here is his wiki coaching file below;

Coaching career[edit]

Melbourne Heart[edit]

After retiring, Aloisi started a coaching career, being appointed youth manager at Melbourne Heart.[22] On 8 May 2012, it was announced that he had accepted a three-year contract to be the manager of Melbourne Heart.[23] On 5 October 2012, he got his first win as manager as Melbourne Heart beat rivals Melbourne Victory 2–1. Aloisi struggled in his first season as head coach, with Melbourne Heart coming ninth in the 2012–13 season and winning only one away game all season. The 2013-14 season did not start any better with the Heart managing 0 wins, 4 draws and 6 losses from 10 starts. On 28 December 2013, Aloisi was sacked as the manager of Melbourne Heart following the club's seventeenth competitive match without a win.

Melbourne Victory[edit]

On 9 February 2015, Aloisi joined Melbourne Victory FC as the development coach of its National Youth League and National Premier League sides.[24][25]

Brisbane Roar[edit]

On 26 May 2015, Aloisi was named manager of Brisbane Roar.[26] In both of his first two seasons at the club, the Roar achieved a top 4 finish in the league, and made it to the semi-finals.

In May 2017, Aloisi signed a new three-year contract to stay on as manager of Brisbane.[27]

On 28 December 2018, Aloisi resigned as manager of Brisbane Roar following the club's poor start to the season, with the Roar second-last on the A-League ladder with just 1 win in 9 matches at the time of his departure.[28][29] He left as Brisbane Roar's longest serving manager.[30]

Western United[edit]

In July 2021, Aloisi was appointed as head coach of Western United, signing a two-year contract.[31]

In May 2022, Aloisi guided Western United to the A-League Championship, with a 2-0 win over defending champions Melbourne City. The championship win saw Western United became just the second expansion side ever to win the A-League Championship, the quickest expansion side to win the championship, the first team since to triumph in their first grand final appearance since Brisbane Roar in 2011, and one of just two teams to have won the championship after finishing outside the top two, with Melbourne Victory first achieving this feat in 2018.[32] Aloisi has been credited for overhauling the club's culture, which saw the club go from 10th place the previous season to champions the next season.[33]

• Like 1

I don’t buy for a second we are going to make a change but, for me, the absolute fundamental would be getting a manager who was ready to work with the players and staff we have, continue to use youth and who has the same vision as Pearson for the culture of the club.

The absolute last thing we need is someone coming in to rip everything up and start again.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

The "board" is (probably) in Guernsey, on his way up to bed with a Horlicks, after an afternoon watching pensioner afternoon telly and trying not to think about football, English rugby and the "goings on" at Bristol Rovers. And the FTSE 100. And Max O'Leary and Tomas Kalas.

You are right but it's not Horlicks it's .   .   .   .   .

hot chocolate hot chocolate drinking chocolate drinking chocolate

hot chocolate, the drink that's as warm as mink.   

2 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

If we do part ways, we have to hire someone young and hungry. Someone who wants to cut their cloth. I made a sensible suggestion about a manager in the A League in Australia who has performed miracles out there on a NO MONEY BUDGET, and is personally responsible for building some of the stronger youth players in AUS in his two previous roles, who were heavily involved in the Socceroos U17 and U21 cup winning teams this summer. 

John Aloisi had 5 years playing in England, including in the Premier League and he was a skilful player, tough and a winner!

The way he had Brisbane Roar playing and the way he has transformed Western Utd has been noting short of miraculous and there are many in Aus who say he should be the next Socceroo manager. 

Given the A League wage caps, he wont be on high wages and would not be an expensive risk, but I genuinely feel he could be a manager that would tick a lot of boxes for us, and I think he would leave Aus to manage in England.

His experience as a manager in Australia has been nothing short of progressive and I don't think it will be long before he starts to catch the eye of an English club and when he does, I think he'll bring success. I just pray Lansdown has one eye on him and is the one to bring him to England, as I truly believe he is the manager who can take us to the Premier League within 2/3 years. He is only 46, and his teams play with passion, he has supported and promoted youth, has worked on the worse budget in the A League and made the team he manages Champions whilst being regarded by many the worse team in the league with no marquee players. There will be people who don't watch the A League or think it's only A League football and it doesn't compare to the Championship, or because they haven't heard of him, it's a rubbish suggestion, but his success is there for all to see on paper and he is still young, played at the highest level, was a leader for his National Team and whilst his initial appointment in Australia was a flop, he was in charge of the Melbourne Heart team who were awful, and ironically 6 months after they sacked him, they were brought by Manchester City's owners and bought success. 
Aloisi then was hired as the youth team coach for Melbourne Victory and ironically brought through 3/4 players who would go on to be some of Victory's and Australia's key players in the next 2 years. But he cut short that appointment to go back into management, feeling he was ready and he led a cash strapped Brisbane to a top 4 finish and semi finals. The following year he led them again to the top 4 and was rewarded with a 3 year contract. The following season, the club sold some of its better players and he relied on his youth players but still managed to come 5th, just missing out on the playoffs. 
Despite a poor start the next season, the fans and club still backed him, but he openly in an interview where he was close to tears, said he was resigning as he felt he could not take the club any further. He gained so much respect around Australia for this.

He went back to Melbourne Victory in charge of youth development and helped their U19s win the league and then their U21s win the U21s AFC Cup, which no Australian club had done before.

He was then approached by Western Utd after they came bottom of the league and signed a 2 year deal. In his first season, he brought in 3 players and promoted youth players and had the bottom budget and having let them to 3rd in the League, they went on to win the Championship at only their 3rd year in the A League, having finished 10th in their first two season's and not having a single Marquee player. He effectively done a Leicester City in the Premier League. 

He is in his final year of contract and they sold 3 players this summer and he was given no real funding to recruit and he has not shouted and screamed about it and whilst he has not signed a new contract beyond this season, he is widely tipped to be offered the Australia Managers job after the World Cup. 

He is exactly the sort of manager who is currently under the radar that we should be looking at before he catches the attention of other clubs. 

Here is his wiki coaching file below;

Coaching career[edit]

Melbourne Heart[edit]

After retiring, Aloisi started a coaching career, being appointed youth manager at Melbourne Heart.[22] On 8 May 2012, it was announced that he had accepted a three-year contract to be the manager of Melbourne Heart.[23] On 5 October 2012, he got his first win as manager as Melbourne Heart beat rivals Melbourne Victory 2–1. Aloisi struggled in his first season as head coach, with Melbourne Heart coming ninth in the 2012–13 season and winning only one away game all season. The 2013-14 season did not start any better with the Heart managing 0 wins, 4 draws and 6 losses from 10 starts. On 28 December 2013, Aloisi was sacked as the manager of Melbourne Heart following the club's seventeenth competitive match without a win.

Melbourne Victory[edit]

On 9 February 2015, Aloisi joined Melbourne Victory FC as the development coach of its National Youth League and National Premier League sides.[24][25]

Brisbane Roar[edit]

On 26 May 2015, Aloisi was named manager of Brisbane Roar.[26] In both of his first two seasons at the club, the Roar achieved a top 4 finish in the league, and made it to the semi-finals.

In May 2017, Aloisi signed a new three-year contract to stay on as manager of Brisbane.[27]

On 28 December 2018, Aloisi resigned as manager of Brisbane Roar following the club's poor start to the season, with the Roar second-last on the A-League ladder with just 1 win in 9 matches at the time of his departure.[28][29] He left as Brisbane Roar's longest serving manager.[30]

Western United[edit]

In July 2021, Aloisi was appointed as head coach of Western United, signing a two-year contract.[31]

In May 2022, Aloisi guided Western United to the A-League Championship, with a 2-0 win over defending champions Melbourne City. The championship win saw Western United became just the second expansion side ever to win the A-League Championship, the quickest expansion side to win the championship, the first team since to triumph in their first grand final appearance since Brisbane Roar in 2011, and one of just two teams to have won the championship after finishing outside the top two, with Melbourne Victory first achieving this feat in 2018.[32] Aloisi has been credited for overhauling the club's culture, which saw the club go from 10th place the previous season to champions the next season.[33]

A good call, yes he has been very impressive over here & I think he could be a good fit but I still feel that NP deserves his time :thumbsup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

I would say given he played in the Premier League for 5 years and wouldn't have breached visa conditions then, I wouldn't imagine he would struggle to get a work permit would he ?

That’s irrelevant these days, he will be trying to pass the new (post-Brexit) GBE Work Permit rules.

And I don’t think he does!

https://www.thefa.com/news/2020/dec/01/gbe-points-based-system-launched-011220

Managers need to have managed in a top 5 league…Australia A league isn’t listed in the top 5 leagues.