IGNORED

Manchester Utd "Fans"

Port Said Red

14 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

At the risk of getting this moved into the General Chat forum (probably should be really). I have never felt he was a top vocalist anyway, he's a good showman and can hold a tune, and in my opinion he hasn't got any worse. Having lived with a Robbie fan for his whole career the songs are generally easy enough on the ear, the two exceptions are Come Undone which is startingly good and could potentially make it into my top 100 songs, and Candy which is almost unlistenable and had me covering my ears. 

Anyway, of the 21000 there I would say 99% that had a great time, 0.9 of us found it a good night and then there was the girl in front of us who spent the night on Instagram and Whatsapp and barely looked at the stage. :)

Think you hit the nail on the head with "he's a good showman and can hold a tune" & he did entertain :thumbsup:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I've heard similar stories about other clubs. An elderly relative of mine said that in the 50s when he went to Ashton Gate one week and Eastville the next, Eastville was full of fans from North and East Bristol and that was about it, Ashton on the other hand had accents from Bristol, Somerset, Bath, Wiltshire etc.

A good friend who is a Sheffield Wednesday fan said it is well known that most people in Sheffield are United fans, however, Wednesday draw support from a wider geographical area including many smaller Yorkshire towns.

Overseas, in Turin, Torino are known as the most popular team in the city, however, Juventus have supporters' clubs all over Italy who travel to matches.

I went to Turin to watch Juventus a few years ago, every taxi driver we spoke to supported Torino and had a real hatred of Juve.