IGNORED

FIFA 2023 Women's World Cup

phantom

1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

It would be nice if William and/or Kate  could be there at the final. 

Wrong time of year. Too busy blowing grouse out of the sky. 

Sunak and all other politicians unavailable ans they are all in the middle of their 11 month holidays.

Dosser Doris might be interested though to relieve the boredom of her tax payer funded 18 month break. All expenses paid with her own 150 seater flag emblazoned plane for her offspring/relatives. Offer her a place in the House of Lords and she’ll jump at it. 

6 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I didn't realise Hemp had played for us, amazing. I know Earps did, any others?

Also worth a mention, Portugal's Tatiana Pinto was also on CIty's books in 2015-16, making seven appearances and scoring a goal. Now at Levante.

• Like 1

Just now, E.G.Red said:

Because its a once in a 57 year opportunity. Im sure if it was The Mens World cup either the President  of the FA and or  the PM would attend. NB The Spanish royal family are attending and it would be nice if we could have a similar presence

Well they haven't bothered with any of the other games. 

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Screenshot_20230816_164124_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230816_164132_Gallery.jpg

I can remember Lauren Hemp's debut for City as a 16 year old.  Had taken my daughter's team to a tournament at SGS in the afternoon and we watched City v Watford afterwards.  She came on with half an hour left and within about 3 minutes the crowd were buzzing.  She just got it and skinned 2 or 3 defenders every time she had it.  Was blindingly obvious she was destined for great things.  

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Tom said:

Just got back home (my new home in Sydney), what a game! Frantically trying to get a ticket from the resale platform, I've seen a few, but not been quick enought yet.

You have until 4pm Australian time Thursday to register for official England tickets here 

https://www.englandfootball.com/members/Ticket-Priority

Got asked last night why have the Men's team not even made a World Cup final since 1966. Yet the Women have.

I don't think neutrals understand how hard it is to win a World Cup in the Men's game. I think these kind of comments are doing the Women's game a disservice by comparing it to Men. 

Their achievement is their own achievement and in no way a fair and direct comparison can be made to what the Men have done/do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sturny said:

Denver, hoping somewhere opens early…. Very early 

I'll be watching at home in Arvada CO. You're welcome to join or we could meet up if we can find a place that will open early. I have a few ideas of who may be showing it. I'll make some calls today. PM me if interested 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Don't expect the Spanish Manager will be far behind after Sunday 

Jorge Vilda's father has a senior role within the Spanish football federation. Despite the allegations against him, and the fact that 15 players collectively said last year they refused to play for him again unless changes were made (some did begrudgingly return), he probably won't go unless he quits.

There's plenty of online articles which explain that issue further, but for now I'll post a link to this one written by someone I know

https://since-71.com/unwanted-redemption-why-spain-winning-the-world-cup-would-be-dissappointing-for-womens-football/

Edited by shahanshahan
  • Like 1