IGNORED

FIFA 2023 Women's World Cup

phantom

• Admin
2 hours ago, Super said:

Jorge Vilda the manager has been sacked. Not totally sure what he did wrong?

There is a lot more history to this announcement, and not specifically related to what happened after the final

He was always going to be sacked this just gave them the sufficient ammunition to save face 

• Like 1

What a way to celebrate a historic achievement - by destroying almost all credibility in the system. This has rapidly become a pyrrhic victory, but possibly the start of a new beginning.

I won't comment on the rights or wrongs of this matter, but it is notable that the new person appointed is a woman. Could this have been a move that was already planned to happen but has been precipitated earlier than expected? Was there an undercurrent at the Spanish offices to move people? It's all beginning to look like a house of cards.

5 hours ago, Erithacus said:

What a way to celebrate a historic achievement - by destroying almost all credibility in the system. This has rapidly become a pyrrhic victory, but possibly the start of a new beginning.

I won't comment on the rights or wrongs of this matter, but it is notable that the new person appointed is a woman. Could this have been a move that was already planned to happen but has been precipitated earlier than expected? Was there an undercurrent at the Spanish offices to move people? It's all beginning to look like a house of cards.

It seems that there are structural problems that run deep in the Spanish FA. 15 players refused to play for Vilda due to the way he treated players. They won the World Cup with a weakened team. Vilda survived because of men like Rubiales standing up for him, simple as. When it became clear that Rubiales could not just bluster this out, then they are systematically dismantling this, but it's all a tad late.

• Like 2

Apologies for posting in an old thread, but thought it would fit here

I came across this video this evening & just thought how good it was to see the City flag in it, which I took out with me to Australia!
The original video is from this tweet but I couldn't get it to embed here properly, so posted my re-upload instead...

Edited by shahanshahan