IGNORED

do you watch the EFL highlights show all the way through?

Never to the dark side

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Well I for one don't,

be nice if we could go back to regional highlights,

at least we could go into your workplace with the weekend bragging rights.

I record it then watch the bits i want.

• Like 4

• Admin
8 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Well I for one don't,

be nice if we could go back to regional highlights,

at least we could go into your workplace with the weekend bragging rights.

No

Only have interest in our games

Sky sports have a 15 minute highlights package on each Championship game on a Sunday morning, that does for me (9am on Sky Sports football this Sunday)

What I can never understand is why they show the most exciting and best standard of football first (the Championship) then progressively show a worse standard finally finishing the show with League two, I mean to me that makes no sense at all, we all know a match that ends 0-0 will be the last game on match of the day.

Yes, I watch the whole show every week. 
I take as much interest in L1 and L2 as I do the Championship. In fact, I take more interest in those 2 leagues than I do the Premier League. I usually don’t bother with Match of the Day as I prefer to watch the whole EFL show. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Cannot understand how you can watch games for which you know the results? stopped watching Match of The Day etc years ago for that very reason.

I understand your point but are you saying you wouldn't watch the highlights if Cardiff or the Gas took an almighty beating. That's Entertainment and far better than watching yet another repeat of a sitcom. 

1 hour ago, gl2 said:

Cannot understand how you can watch games for which you know the results? stopped watching Match of The Day etc years ago for that very reason.

I'm one of those saddos who tries to avoid the scores until I watch it. More of a struggle these days as some twop in the row in front of me in the south stand is always checking the scores on his phone and telling his mates what's happening in the prem.

Only watch EFL highlights when we win...so not very often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gl2 said:

I tend not to seek out the scores of the other matches. So generally when I watch the EFL show I don’t know the results of all of the games. 
I find it interesting to watch the goals and highlights of all the games so as to see (albeit sometimes brief) glimpses of other players. 
For instance, the Plymouth keeper Michael Cooper is a player I’ve been watching over the last 2 seasons and really really like him and it’s interesting to see that, even though it’s essentially a ‘goals’ programme, Cooper gets his own ‘saves’ highlight reel pretty much every week, thus further cementing my thoughts as to his quality. 

4 hours ago, gl2 said:

Ha!  Yep, football is purely about the score?   You can forget about the individual moments of outstanding skill, the drama of incidents, and the brilliance of goalscorer's, and exceptional defenders making interceptions that change the course of the game.   It was 2-1 .......so who cares eh!     I genuinely feel sorry for you            

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Yes, I watch the whole show every week. 
I take as much interest in L1 and L2 as I do the Championship. In fact, I take more interest in those 2 leagues than I do the Premier League. I usually don’t bother with Match of the Day as I prefer to watch the whole EFL show. 

Same as that Harry.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

Ha!  Yep, football is purely about the score?   You can forget about the individual moments of outstanding skill, the drama of incidents, and the brilliance of goalscorer's, and exceptional defenders making interceptions that change the course of the game.   It was 2-1 .......so who cares eh!     I genuinely feel sorry for you            

Get Over It Violin GIF So you know a game is going to be 0-0 and a complete bore with no goalscorer, yet you choose to watch in case there maybe a moment of skill etc, etc and while watching teams who have no interest to you at all really; mate you should go to the local park and watch live football at least they are likely to be local not over paid and over here.....and its live; you need to live not me;

49 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Get Over It Violin GIF So you know a game is going to be 0-0 and a complete bore with no goalscorer, yet you choose to watch in case there maybe a moment of skill etc, etc and while watching teams who have no interest to you at all really; mate you should go to the local park and watch live football at least they are likely to be local not over paid and over here.....and its live; you need to live not me;

Approximately 7% of football games end up 0-0.........so your argument is superfluous  And even so,  0-0 matches can often be entertaining.............?

Edited by maxjak

14 hours ago, gl2 said:

'Cannot understand'  ....love the show watch of all it enjoy getting info on all sides in each division ..probably less interest in the City highlights if anything as I watch those on the fifteen minute individual game slot as mentioned elsewhere...

• Like 2

On 27/10/2022 at 17:00, Sir Geoff said:

I'm one of those saddos who tries to avoid the scores until I watch it. More of a struggle these days as some twop in the row in front of me in the south stand is always checking the scores on his phone and telling his mates what's happening in the prem.

Only watch EFL highlights when we win...so not very often.

When we lose, I just fast forward our game can't let one result stop you watching some great games just let it go and carry on as the saying goes.

42 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ummmm…..where’s the ITV highlights show? They’re showing some horses running about tonight! What’s happened? 

11:30 on main ITV.
Awful scheduling vs 9pm as usual. 

Also noted there is no FA Cup highlights package on either channel. Poor. 

• Like 1