IGNORED

City Poppy

Bristol_Badger

30 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Making an ass out of myself I know, but I'd naively assumed that all proceeds from a sale like this would go back to the British Legion. I'd be upset if this wasn't the case.

Edited by Sleepy1968

10 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Making an ass out of myself I know, but I'd naively assumed that all proceeds from a sale like this would go back to the British Legion. I'd be upset if this wasn't the case.

If the club have paid purchase price to the legion for the badges, then at worse it's cash neutral exercise and they are just providing an opportunity for people to get one, with the money already given, regardless of if they sell them or not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 03/11/2022 at 21:32, Sleepy1968 said:

A question I asked last year. Apparently all proceeds do go to the British Legion. 
I got mine direct, but the postage is steep TBH. If they have them in stock, you could pick them up from the shop .

• Thanks 1

Purchased something on amazon earlier and was offered a(nother) prime trial. After taking that on, the poppy badge appeared as a suggestion.

Cost was £3.99 and ended up with free postage. Downside was it said delivery by 11th November, so could be anytime between now and the actual day!

9 hours ago, WessexPest said:

Sadly she left us for Everton a few seasons ago. :(

Joking aside. the fanzine has a decent one:

https://www.otibclothing.co.uk/product-page/city-poppy-badge

The official ones have the year on them. And looking at the Product Details, I would possibly suggest the seller isn't flogging those with a straight bat, that would have been a perfect place to say where the funds were going.

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The official ones have the year on them. And looking at the Product Details, I would possibly suggest the seller isn't flogging those with a straight bat, that would have been a perfect place to say where the funds were going.

Good spot there. It's certainly not an official one, and there's no need for a competing product, so I'll just get mine from the city shop on Tuesday night.

• Robin 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think for some clubs this will be their last home game before remembrance Sunday so some paid their respects yesterday. 

We have a home game the day before so without doubt we'll pay ours then. 

True but home AND away teams had poppies yesterday 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

True but home AND away teams had poppies yesterday 

Shame we didnt but I'd expect us to be definitely be wearing them next week which is remembrance weekend.

I know many of these shirts worn are auctioned off by the Royal British Legion, don't know if City is one of the EFL clubs that will be contributing theirs.

Edited by E.G.Red

11 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Shame we didnt but I'd expect us to be definitely be wearing them next week which is remembrance weekend.

I know many of these shirts worn are auctioned off by the Royal British Legion, don't know if City is one of the EFL clubs that will be contributing theirs.

Edited by CiderJar

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I wasn't even aware of this shop..... Some half decent stuff available ?

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I wasn't even aware of this shop..... Some half decent stuff available ?

Before you part with your hard earned, go back to the poppy on their website, click on the returns policy, and then do the same on the postage and delivery link.

Also, a bit suspicious that they ask people to pay through PayPal and mark it as a friends and family gift. Get nothing in the post? That money was a gift!

I wouldn't be entering any card details if it were me.

Edited by Bristol Rob