IGNORED

Vyner

Bristol Rob

I don't think he has ever shown a lack of commitment to the club, he has had to do much of his learning in front of us. His spell at Rotherham where he was constantly played out of position, was probably the making of his character. He is one of those players that will ruin a good performance with a costly mistake, but he has never hidden and never let the crowd get at him. 

I think it helped him a lot at the beginning of this season, when the boo boys picked on any misjudgements or poor passes, that a large group of supporters were equally keen to get behind him. 

He also played on with some sort of injury early in the game, which shows his determination.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

• The title was changed to Vyner
2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don't think he has ever shown a lack of commitment to the club, he has had to do much of his learning in front of us. His spell at Rotherham where he was constantly played out of position, was probably the making of his character. He is one of those players that will ruin a good performance with a costly mistake, but he has never hidden and never let the crowd get at him. 

I think it helped him a lot at the beginning of this season, when the boo boys picked on any misjudgements or poor passes, that a large group of supporters were equally keen to get behind him. 

He also played on with some sort of injury early in the game, which shows his determination.

The last bit is key.

Said this before at a time when we are trying to reduce numbers & costs to have a bloke who is available for every single game is invaluable.

Well on his way to getting another contract, I think & at 25 he’s at a great age, played over 100 league games for us now but still with time to improve.

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is he in the conversation for player of the season (so far)? Certainly been one of our most consistent and most improved.

Certainly in pole position for the Zak Vyner award for most improved player! 

Great to see him doing the business on a consistent basis when many are lacking that 

• Like 1

I said a few times, when's he's had a run of games in one position he has looked good. The spells he has struggled were around the times he has been moved around, he seems very much a confidence player. Let him settle and become comfortable in a role, he will give you decent , steady performances. 

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

When he plays aggressive and puts himself about hes a much better player. Fair play to him. 

Won his headers today.  Also didn’t get sucked into being too tight, so that his opponent couldn’t “feel him”…and then he subsequently turned into a Zak tackle / challenge.

One great left foot pass out of defence through the lines that led to Conway bursting through.

Really surprised that Davis played centre or centre right, so only found himself on King Or Pring, who handled him really well.

Not yet in his prime as a CB.  Like Max, think both will be extended for another year at some point.

Vyner and Pring had excellent games but for me King was the man that brought a calmness to the defence and organised that back 3. The back 3 were assured, the middle 3 relentless, Jay had one of his best games and Weimann was a constant outlet wide and covered back when necessary but still found space for that superb header that deserved a goal. The front 2 chased everything. I’m struggling to think of a game this season with so few mistakes and where to a man we fought for everything. Well played boys !

• Like 2

I think you are seeing the benefit of him playing the same positions week in and week out. His career he has shown versatility which is why, imo, he hasn’t been able to kick on. There was always ability there. In that position you need minutes and the experience that comes with it. Credit to him for staying switched on now and keeping his head down and working. Really pleased for him. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Won his headers today.  Also didn’t get sucked into being too tight, so that his opponent couldn’t “feel him”…and then he subsequently turned into a Zak tackle / challenge.

One great left foot pass out of defence through the lines that led to Conway bursting through.

Really surprised that Davis played centre or centre right, so only found himself on King Or Pring, who handled him really well.

Not yet in his prime as a CB.  Like Max, think both will be extended for another year at some point.

Surely their contracts are extended?