IGNORED

Hamza Choudhury

OliOTIB

Firstly, he was gash all game.

Secondly, the incident was just after Gosling went down (and at the risk of being unpopular, the chants were out of order there - it looked to me like he’d done his cruciate). There was abuse coming from the Dolman and Choudhury reacted by calling the abuser fat and gesturing as such.

The “abuser” had “Big Rob” on his shirt.

Now, I’m no psychologist. But my feeling is that a man with “Big Rob” on his back may know he’s fat and someone calling him such is probably water off a ducks.

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Secondly, the incident was just after Gosling went down (and at the risk of being unpopular, the chants were out of order there - it looked to me like he’d done his cruciate). There was abuse coming from the Dolman and Choudhuru reacted by calling the abuser fat and gesturing as such.

Now, I’m no psychologist. But my feeling is that a man with “Big Rob” on his back may know he’s fat and someone calling him such is probably water off a ducks.

If he had gone down holding his injury, he would not have got the abuse.

It was the constant slamming of his hands on the ground (like a 5 year old having a tantrum), which generated the abuse. 

The player was also having a go at the ref (while still on the floor), for not stopping the game. As it was not a head injury, the ref quite rightly played on.

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

It was the constant slamming of his hands on the ground (like a 5 year old having a tantrum), which generated the abuse. 

He’s done his Achilles Tendon & is out for the season.

Apparently according to a journalist he had twice signalled to their bench that he was struggling but they refused to take him off, that’s why he was so frustrated.

As for Chowdury he’s so overrated, remember him at Leicester, could never work out the fuss, he reminded me of Carlton Palmer, mediocre.

• Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

If you’ve had a series of bad injuries and think you’ve done it again…I think the reaction is totally fine…he must be gutted.

Williams has done the same when he has tweaked his hamstring again.

(how good was Williams today - also alongside James and Scott.  We have to try to play a three against the better sides (on paper), even if it means Andi at RWB.)

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Apparently according to a journalist he had twice signalled to their bench that he was struggling but they refused to take him off, that’s why he was so frustrated.

As for Chowdury he’s so overrated, remember him at Leicester, could never work out the fuss, he reminded me of Carlton Palmer, mediocre.

He was very poor today.

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Secondly, the incident was just after Gosling went down (and at the risk of being unpopular, the chants were out of order there - it looked to me like he’d done his cruciate). There was abuse coming from the Dolman and Choudhuy reacted by calling the abuser fat and gesturing as such.

Saw it all exactly the same. The out of order chants too. Choudury’s gesture was relatively good natured. A bit of “who ate all the pies”. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

I thought for a moment he’d broken his leg the way he was holding it. Appeared to be in quite a lot of pain.

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

The player was also having a go at the ref for not stopping the game. As it was not a head injury, the ref quite rightly played on.

Watford fans saying that he’d previously asked his bench to take him off. That’s why he was angry. Not unreasonably so. He’s 32 and looks like it could be a potentially career ending injury. 

And in a day when we’re recognising Nathan Baker’s situation, you might expect something other than abuse in that situation.

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

The player was also having a go at the ref (while still on the floor), for not stopping the game. As it was not a head injury, the ref quite rightly played on.

Maybe he knew it was a bad injury?! Not sure what reaction you expected.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Watford fans saying that he’d previously asked his bench to take him off. That’s why he was angry. Not unreasonably so. He’s 32 and looks like it could be a potentially career ending injury. 

And in a day when we’re recognising Nathan Baker’s situation, you might expect something other than abuse in that situation.

Wonder if he could pursue a negligence claim against the medical staff, they have a duty of care!

8 minutes ago, Chrizzler said:

I think people chanting “let him die”  while a stretcher is being brought out to a player who is obviously seriously injured is a disgrace & quite frankly embarrassing. 

Back in the old days, ‘hit him on the head with a baseball bat’ would have done. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

21 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

He’d asked to come off as felt it was going to go and was told to carry on and now has a serious injury. I’m guessing you’d be angry as well.  Bit of empathy wouldn’t go amiss 

• Like 5

Gosling got a clap from a few of us in the Lansdown. Clear when a player goes down like that without contact that it’s a real injury. The frustration was towards his own bench but the ref was right not to stop the game immediately for his injury as it wasn’t a risk to his health. However still shows a lack of class from our fans to abuse him in that situation.

• Like 2

My personal opinion on the matter.

The ‘let him die’ chants are unnecessary but its football. The jokes came from him throwing his arms around like a 4 year old, when in clear view of our ‘singing fans’ it was always gunna happen.

The choudhury incident from what heard is as good as he should of got. Personal exchanges abusing fans however aren’t acceptable but like previously mentioned im sure it didnt offend ‘big rob’. Its all fun and games at the end of the day. However, Choudhury’s mum has a cock??

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

This is the question,do we want to make Ashton gate a horrible place to come or not

If by ‘horrible place’ you mean somewhere where opposing players being stretchered off with a potentially career ending injury are abused and boo-ed, then it’s a ‘not’ from me.

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 9

19 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

My personal opinion on the matter.

The ‘let him die’ chants are unnecessary but its football. The jokes came from him throwing his arms around like a 4 year old, when in clear view of our ‘singing fans’ it was always gunna happen.

The choudhury incident from what heard is as good as he should of got. Personal exchanges abusing fans however aren’t acceptable but like previously mentioned im sure it didnt offend ‘big rob’. Its all fun and games at the end of the day. However, Choudhury’s mum has a cock??

What about if 'Big Rob' had happened to mention that Choudhury is of Asian descent? That's not fun and games but apparently being abused for weight is?

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

If by ‘horrible place’ you mean somewhere where opposing players being stretchered off with a potentially career ending injury are abused and boo-ed, then it’s a ‘not’ from me.

And that’s fine and I get it, it’s part of the reason why I hate Liverpool,having been their a few times through work tickets I’ve seen them do it and yet they are the greatest fans in the world,now I’m long in the tooth I feel if you can’t beat them join them