IGNORED

Bristol City fans in Qatar for World Cup

MarkQatar

11 minutes ago, Bedred31 said:

Budweiser, I agree, is not exactly real ale, but when it’s 32 degrees and you’ve traveled over desert by bus to get to the flippen ground, it would have gone down nicely, even at £12 for 500 mills. Good chap on the England Supporters Travel Club Facebook page has posted an exhaustive Doha drinking guide. I fly tomorrow. And on a strictly personal note, since this morning my growth is not a ‘tumour’ but a ‘cyst’, meaning that it’s not cancer and I’m apparently not going to die, although it seems that a chunk of my tongue may have to be chopped out. So if you’re at Gatwick’s South terminal around lunchtime tomorrow and you see a 50 something bloke lying on the carpet, laughing uncontrollably and swimming in Stella and his own urine, do say hello.

Best wishes for your trip and upcoming health appointments.

Last time I was in Doha there was no alcohol at all (it being Ramadan didn't help,) but with a fine range of juices and soft drinks on offer this heavy drinker didn't miss it one bit. 

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

Why boring ?

Well it's not exactly party central is it and that;s coming from somebody that's 66 years old, let's put it this way of a list of places to visit it would be fairly low down, homophobic, women treated as second class citizens, intolerant of other peoples beliefs, nothing but sand as far as the eye can see, hot as hell it's not just Qatar none of the middle Eastern countries hold any appeal to me.   

Edited by pillred
Punctuation.
  • Like 5

• Admin
4 hours ago, pillred said:

Well it's not exactly party central is it and that;s coming from somebody that's 66 years old, let's put it this way of a list of places to visit it would be fairly low down, homophobic, women treated as second class citizens, intolerant of other peoples beliefs, nothing but sand as far as the eye can see, hot as hell it's not just Qatar none of the middle Eastern countries hold any appeal to me.   

Obviously edited to fit their agenda but there was an interesting report on SSN last night into this 

They interviewed multiple supporters from many countries and all but one said they associate having a beer with friends and other supporters watching these types of games. The only person shown was an American, but as soon as he called it soccer I was done lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pillred said:

On the contrary there is plenty to see.  I lived and worked in Saudi in both Riyadh & Jeddah and there was plenty to do and see and certainly not just sand for miles and miles.

• Like 3

On 17/11/2022 at 21:33, North London Red said:

I'll be at the England games for as long as England stay in the tournament. Also have tickets for four other group games. 

Flying about half way tomorrow morning from London, and then onward to Doha on Saturday afternoon. 

I'm going to 6 group games in total. 3 England games, and France v Australia, Ghana v South Korea and Serbia v Switzerland 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, BigTone said:

On the contrary there is plenty to see.  I lived and worked in Saudi in both Riyadh & Jeddah and there was plenty to do and see and certainly not just sand for miles and miles.

:laugh:. One of my favorite quotes was ‘life is a shit sandwich and here in Jeddah the bread is very thin’.

I haven’t been east of Cyprus since the last time 1000s of troops were being dumped down there. But I have friends who live in various places in the ME, and they like it, as a lot of the City’s are much improved and really quite attractive. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 19/11/2022 at 07:05, BigTone said:

Couldn't agree more.

Wouldn't believe everything you hear about the middle east, genuinely always enjoy heading there.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, RedHienz said:

Couldn't agree more.

Wouldn't believe everything you hear about the middle east, genuinely always enjoy heading there.

Fair enough. 

Personally,  I thought Qatar was a total shithole but each to their own.

Edited by Gakoe
Spellcheck!!!