IGNORED

Idehen back from loan

Jerseybean

11 minutes ago, frenchred said:

But but but all our loans are strategically placed with a great deal of thought and dialogue between the clubs?

I don't think there were teams lining up to take him, so from our point of view like Dave said, beggars can't be choosers .
If Simpson did have the wrong idea about him, and that is my guesswork from the article , then just getting minutes on the pitch would be enough for us to agree. Who knows. 

Paul Simpson (released by BCFC?) quote:  “I and we need players at this club who are happy. He wasn’t disruptive in any way, he’s a really good fella, he went about his business properly and he worked hard."
One of the highlights of last season for me was back in April, Idehen's first tackle, a few minutes after coming on as a substitute, in the penalty area, against Derby's best player....
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=330038049232399

52 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Not just saying this because it hasn't worked out with Carlisle but from what I've seen I haven't been that impressed with his ability. Was he tearing up trees in the academy?

Out of interest what have you seen of him if you’re asking the question in bold above?

(My opinion is that Last season he looked ahead of Towler, certainly in defensive ability, physicality, etc.  Towler more cultured on the ball.  Enough to get into the first team 18 and make a couple of sub appearances)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I believe that both Simpson and the player himself thought he was better than he actually showed. The lad needs to get sharp if he wants to pursue a career in professional football. 

Indeed so, best for all parties according to Simpson: https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-duncan-idehen-carlisle-7919418

• Like 1

Isn’t the point here about player development?

Young players develop at different rates, for example Scott, I believe he was released by both Southampton and Bournemouth, both of whom would crawl over broken glass to take him now.

There have been inferences that Idehen has had some personal issues (?) and his loan was not just about developing as a footballer, I don’t know if there is any truth in that or not.

He has the security of a contract until 2024(?) so has plenty of time to reflect and decide for himself where his career goes, I just hope that he can focus on his football and realise that it takes an awful lot of hard work on and off the pitch to succeed.

Perhaps his application is in question? Perhaps there are external influences on him?

Hopefully he will overcome this dip and move forward.

54 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Isn’t the point here about player development?

Young players develop at different rates, for example Scott, I believe he was released by both Southampton and Bournemouth, both of whom would crawl over broken glass to take him now.

There have been inferences that Idehen has had some personal issues (?) and his loan was not just about developing as a footballer, I don’t know if there is any truth in that or not.

He has the security of a contract until 2024(?) so has plenty of time to reflect and decide for himself where his career goes, I just hope that he can focus on his football and realise that it takes an awful lot of hard work on and off the pitch to succeed.

Perhaps his application is in question? Perhaps there are external influences on him?

Hopefully he will overcome this dip and move forward.

The suggestion is that if his ability matched his own opinion of it, he would have been coming back from the World Cup around now.

If true, perhaps not even bring able to get on the bench at Carlisle will have given him some humility?

• Like 2

Sorry where do the bad attitude/big headed claims come from? Have I missed a story?

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The suggestion is that if his ability matched his own opinion of it, he would have been coming back from the World Cup around now.

If true, perhaps not even bring able to get on the bench at Carlisle will have given him some humility?

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Sorry where do the bad attitude/big headed claims come from? Have I missed a story?

There was a rumour going around to this effect after pre season.

Others had heard something different & that he needed a spell away from the club for another reason, nothing untoward, by the way.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 11:15, Major Isewater said:

Reading between the lines, he was a negative influence at the club and didn’t work hard enough to get into their side.

He appears to have it physically but needs to sort out the attitude.

Their manager was being diplomatic with his comments which is fine by me. 

Didn’t appear to be a lack of hard work given Simpson said this below. No need for Simpson to be this positive about him if it was his attitude - he could have just stayed silent on the point. Sounded more like he just wasn’t showing good enough form in training to get in the team ahead of someone else. He became unhappy because he wanted to play. Needs to get his mojo/confidence back though. 

“I and we need players at this club who are happy. He wasn’t disruptive in any way, he’s a really good fella, he went about his business properly and he worked hard.“

Football is very much a confidence game and if you lose that then it can take a time to recover.  Not sure how keen he was to go to Carlisle in the first place due to distance but was keen to go out on loan and the move hasn't worked out.  Interesting to see how he responds to this setback but needs to be playing games again.

• Like 1