IGNORED

I was right

Davefevs

Geoff Eltringham is the joint worst ref in the Champ along with Gavin Ward.  Don’t bring Keith Stroud into the conversation, they aren’t fit to lace his boots.

Not using him as the excuse today, two poor goals conceded cost us 3 points, but he loses control of games so easily.  You can see why he’d been demoted to lg1/2 this season.  You start seeing bad tackles go in because he frustrates both sets of players.

• Like 16

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Geoff Eltringham is the joint worst ref in the Champ along with Gavin Ward.  Don’t bring Keith Stroud into the conversation, they aren’t fit to lace his boots.

Not using him as the excuse today, two poor goals conceded cost us 3 points, but he loses control of games so easily.  You can see why he’d been demoted to lg1/2 this season.  You start seeing bad tackles go in because he frustrates both sets of players.

Not wishing to bring Mr Stroud into the conversation, but wasn’t he fourth official today? 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

He let a lot go, hardly showed a card for 60+ minutes but then started flashing cards around like a supply teacher trying to do GCSE revision for those not expected to pass the exam. And even then he missed a shocker of a tackle by Campbell their number 10, who he later yellow carded for the retaliation for Pring’s yellow-card-worthy foul. Also booked Weimann for complaining when he missed a clear corner when Semenyo had been tangling with Souttar.

• Like 3

Bang on. That flare-up right at the end was entirety his fault. Lost control of the game which led to players losing their cool.

And refs like him are the reason that the timekeeping they've been using in the World Cup needs to be brought in here asap. Once Stoke went in front they quickly worked out they could push it and he wouldn't do anything, the booking for the keeper came at least 15 minutes too late.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

He did nothing to counter Stoke’s time wasting….except to waste more time himself. And then added nothing on for it. 

That said we could have been playing for most of the last 4 hours and I am still not convinced we would have scored a second goal. Just not clinical enough!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He wasn’t the reason we lost. As you said conceded 2 poor goals. 
I’m more concerned about Pearsons subs. 
IMHO Scott was dreadful 2nd half. The obvious sub was taking him off moving Weinman forward and bringing on Sykes. Why the hell did he bring on Martin? Absolute waste of time against Stoke CB’s. 
Unless Conway was injured why take off your top scorer when you need a goal? I reckon the Stoke CB’s may have tired late on allowing Conway more space. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You've surely not forgotten about Andy Davies.

Could we have the misfortune some game of having all 4 of the worst officials in charge.

As for the penalty call Stoke could have laid into Antoine with baseball bats and the ref still wouldn't have given it.

Edited by Midred
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, aa_bcfc said:

He wasn’t the reason we lost. As you said conceded 2 poor goals. 
I’m more concerned about Pearsons subs. 
IMHO Scott was dreadful 2nd half. The obvious sub was taking him off moving Weinman forward and bringing on Sykes. Why the hell did he bring on Martin? Absolute waste of time against Stoke CB’s. 
Unless Conway was injured why take off your top scorer when you need a goal? I reckon the Stoke CB’s may have tired late on allowing Conway more space. 

Because Pearson seems to be from the school of thought that says “if we’re losing, play 4 strikers”. Even though it’s never really worked for anyone and completely loses shape, structure and function of the team unit. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not been as frustrated with a ref as I was today for a long time. He lost control. I nearly did as well having to put up with him, as did Weimann! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Midred said:

You've surely not forgotten about Andy Davies.

Could we have the misfortune some game of having all 4 of the worst officials in charge.

As for the penalty call Stoke could have laid into Antoine with baseball bats and the ref still wouldn't have given it.

I’ve only seen Andy Davies horror show twice, Preston (a), QPR (h)…Eltringham is every game!

image.thumb.png.e4fe4a5cab2eac29f802a7a6c0b7e4c3.png

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

My favourite one was when Jagielka deliberately kicked the ball away & so he booked their keeper, he had a different colour shirt on, you useless ****.

How good was he though for a 40 year old. Credit to him. He would get into our team.

Not for me. Nobody holds a candle to Mr. Davies, in as far as being totally inept.

I've heard of the bloke today, and it does ring a bell that he isn't great, but no one can ever top Davies. In fact I swear that he was as close as I've ever seen to a biased and tapped up referee.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not for me. Nobody holds a candle to Mr. Davies, in as far as being totally inept.

I've heard of the bloke today, and it does ring a bell that he isn't great, but no one can ever top Davies. In fact I swear that he was as close as I've ever seen to a biased referee.

Davies gave us a penalty at Bournemouth pre-season! ???

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

And yet he is a lot better than some of the refs that appeared at the World Cup,we should be thankful in this country that some of our rubbish refs are better than a lot of other countries best referees 

13 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

And yet he is a lot better than some of the refs that appeared at the World Cup,we should be thankful in this country that some of our rubbish refs are better than a lot of other countries best referees 

I thought the referees at the WC were excellent apart from the Brazilian who reffed us v France and the Spanish one who looks like my old next door neighbour and reffed the Argentina / Holland game:

https://www.football-espana.net/2022/12/12/spanish-referee-antonio-mateu-lahoz-leaves-world-cup

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought the referees at the WC were excellent apart from the Brazilian who reffed us v France and the Spanish one who looks like my old next door neighbour and reffed the Argentina / Holland game:

https://www.football-espana.net/2022/12/12/spanish-referee-antonio-mateu-lahoz-leaves-world-cup

Thought they were pretty dreadful tbh,so inconsistent in games

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For tomorrow's match they should have the Brazillian reffing the first half and the Spaniad reffing the second half. Each side will end up with 3 sendings off, 4 penalties and 8 bookings!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, East Londoner said:

Speaking of penalties, should we have had one? Only saw it live and looked a foul from where i was 

From my seat looking across the pen area from the LS, it was as clear a pen as you can get. Semenyo touched the ball away from a lunging Stoke player and got fouled.  I still can’t believe it wasn’t given.  Happy to see it again from close-up if there’s a camera angle.

• Like 2