IGNORED

Excellent interview new owner B/muff

DT The Optimist

Yesterday I heard on radio talk sport an interview with Bill Foley and his £120m take over of Bournemouth.  It was amusing and enlightening when you think of our club.  In a snap shot this is what he said about ‘his’ new club.

• intends on building ASAP a new 20-24k stadium and moving away as soon as from the Vitality
  • building a new training ground and centre where all football and administration can take place from.
  • creating a decent academy.

strange, those are all the things we have now and achieved and I wondered why he did not give uncle Steve a bell to save himself a load of grief that will most like consume him over next 10 years?

He could have bought us….or joined in. All we have to do is sort out the mess from LJ and MA and getting the playing side sorted and lift off! All the things  Foley wanted to achieve to make B/muff successful we have done and got in place.  Yet Steve gets rubbished in many place. 
And he is keeping Gary O’Neil and not pursing links with Bielsa as reported in media. 

so, if Steve gets some great American billionaire to join us, or a take over in entirety, would that enable the club to spend that money that was invested in the club…(pretend £60 million say)

happy new year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Yesterday I heard on radio talk sport an interview with Bill Foley and his £120m take over of Bournemouth.  It was amusing and enlightening when you think of our club.  In a snap shot this is what he said about ‘his’ new club.

• intends on building ASAP a new 20-24k stadium and moving away as soon as from the Vitality
  • building a new training ground and centre where all football and administration can take place from.

strange, those are all the things we have now and achieved and I wondered why he did not give uncle Steve a bell to save himself a load of grief that will most like consume him over next 10 years?

He could have bought us….or joined in. All we have to do is sort out the mess from LJ and MA and getting the playing side sorted and lift off! All the things  Foley wanted to achieve to make B/muff successful we have done and got in place.  Yet Steve gets rubbished in many place. 
And he is keeping Gary O’Neil and not pursing links with Bielsa as reported in media. 

so, if Steve gets some great American billionaire to join us, or a take over in entirety, would that enable the club to spend that money that was invested in the club…(pretend £60 million say)

happy new year.

A minted American owner with no interest in football but profits,let’s see how bad this ends 

50 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

strange, those are all the things we have now and achieved and I wondered why he did not give uncle Steve a bell to save himself a load of grief

Perhaps he did give him a bell?

Then uncle Steve explained

* Bristol Sport to him

* our FFP position

* that, unlike Bmouth, we're not actually in the Premier League, in fact years off it

* and young Jon boy would need a job.

At which point, the yank put the phone down.

Personally, I'd be delighted if he found additional investment to share the load with him and he also brought back a proper board of directors but pigs don't fly.

It's my way or the highway with Guernsey, so his legacy looks like being nice seats and crap football, when most of us would happily settle for the opposite.

Happy new year! 

In Nige we trust, the only bloke round here who actually knows what he's doing, even if present circumstances mean that's not immediately obvious. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 6
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

13 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

happy new year.

Unfortunately I don't think that with FFP you can come in and just throw 60 million on players etc. Could be wrong but I doubt it. You'd still be restricted by FFP surely? Unless a crazy owner wanted to risk breaching it, and I'd not want that. 

So the way I see it, if that is the case. We stick with SL, a fan of the club and he continues to put it what he's allowed to put in.

Or we switch to a new most likely foreign owner who's not a fan of the club and then he just puts in the exact same as SL does. 

I just don't see the point in that. I'd rather have the security that SL provides knowing he is passionate about the club and the city as a whole. 

You could maybe argue new leadership but isn't that what we're getting with the new CEO pretty much?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Unfortunately I don't think that with FFP you can come in and just throw 60 million on players etc. Could be wrong but I doubt it. You'd still be restricted by FFP surely? Unless a crazy owner wanted to risk breaching it, and I'd not want that. 

So the way I see it, if that is the case. We stick with SL, a fan of the club and he continues to put it what he's allowed to put in.

Or we switch to a new most likely foreign owner who's not a fan of the club and then he just puts in the exact same as SL does. 

I just don't see the point in that. I'd rather have the security that SL provides knowing he is passionate about the club and the city as a whole. 

You could maybe argue new leadership but isn't that what we're getting with the new CEO pretty much?

Well said. A new owner will not be able to to do any more than SL under the current FFP rules. So while SL is not the perfect owner, at least he is the devil that we know, and not one who might just be buying in order to make a profit but no improvement in our league status.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Your right of course a new owner can't come in splashing the cash in several new players due to do, however as done at Newcastle you can spend a few Bob on a decent manager, the rest will follow ...............

18 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Your right of course a new owner can't come in splashing the cash in several new players due to do, however as done at Newcastle you can spend a few Bob on a decent manager, the rest will follow ...............

Eddie Howe was out of work and second choice for the Newcastle job. Unlikely that they 'spent a few bob' trying to get him.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, frenchred said:

However, both the termination costs for the incumbent and possibly coaching staff, then the cost of replacement all counts in full against FFP too albeit spread over time. It can vary.

New manager may want their own staff- takes more out of FFP, especially if we have to hire from elsewhere.

New manager may want to revamp the team swiftly- under FFP that's a deal breaker in our current position.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

No it won’t / can’t work!

If you pay NP (and all his support team) off it’ll cost millions pushing us over FFP - which will then definitely get us a points deduction. I don’t think that will help getting a new manager in, as there’ll be even less money in the kitty to spend after we’ve had to pay everyone off and get a new team in place. 

We all want the club to succeed - I just don’t understand why some of you don’t understand the rules of FFP!