IGNORED

Nige - post-match with Moose (Mark Robins too)

Davefevs

Worth a listen.  Bit more frank and relaxed with Ian Abrahams.

Click on the Instagram link in the tweet to listen (no video).

Talks about Academy.

Also similar with Mark Robins below.  Fair assessment of game too.  Always interesting to hear the opposition manager.

Talk about fatigue, Panzo in particular.  Admission that both Cov and us suffer from small squads in a run of fixtures like this and ideally he’d remove the game between BD and NYD this season as it’s unfair on players.

Theres also a Semenyo interview too.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

It’s a good interview but am I reading too much between the lines about his comments about not being able to control whether fans or owners are patient or not or is he under a bit more pressure internally than many of us think?

I think he knows he’s under a bit of pressure, but he will just get on with it.  He’s said in the past, even when he was made perm that he was a bit surprised.  I think he’s really aware of “noise” whether that be fan or internal.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he knows he’s under a bit of pressure, but he will just get on with it.  He’s said in the past, even when he was made perm that he was a bit surprised.  I think he’s really aware of “noise” whether that be fan or internal.

He’s been around the block and heard of of the negativity before, he also knows the score, regardless of the mess he has inherited, in that once the internal rebuild is complete then it does become a results game. 

I don’t think he is Mouriniho-esque in saying stuff in interviews to deflect the attention to him and away from the players, but I think he is more astute in what he says in the post match interviews than he is given credit for, be it deflection, a nudge with regard to transfer funds, or a  pointed public kick up the arse.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Talks about Academy.

Also similar with Mark Robins below.  Fair assessment of game too.  Always interesting to hear the opposition manager.

Talk about fatigue, Panzo in particular.  Admission that both Cov and us suffer from small squads in a run of fixtures like this and ideally he’d remove the game between BD and NYD this season as it’s unfair on players.

Interesting, thanks Dave 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Talks about Academy.

Good interview that, he was more candid with Moose than the local journalists. 

Sounds to me like he’s very aware of the position we are in and the implications of it. It also sounded a bit like “give me a bit more time and patience and this will improve”. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, One Team said:

Good interview that, he was more candid with Moose than the local journalists. 

Sounds to me like he’s very aware of the position we are in and the implications of it. It also sounded a bit like “give me a bit more time and patience and this will improve”. 

This is what so many fans are waiting for. People are holding on to the belief that the (almost) 2 year run of bad form we are on, is all part of some Pearson rebuild master plan and better days are just around the corner - lots of people are starting to wake up to the fact it’s not happening though 

I’m amazed more people are not worried about our league position. 

I still believe our players, man for man,  are as good as the players for Coventry, Millwall, Preston, Blackburn, Luton etc 

We should be doing better

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

It’s a good interview but am I reading too much between the lines about his comments about not being able to control whether fans or owners are patient or not or is he under a bit more pressure internally than many of us think?

Reading way too much between the lines imo. I think Nige wants to stay here and get the job done BUT he no doubt has enough money and has been in the game long enough to say "whatever" if fans/ownership ultimately bomb him out. He cares a lot about the job but won't be losing any sleep if he's told he's not doing it any more.

It's a shame really that he made the comments about being boo'ed in bigger stadia and the other waffle about fans that wasn't FULLY quoted in the media - he really ought to know better so that misjudgment is 100% on him and all he achieved with that was letting off steam BUT making his job harder than it needs to be with an element of the fanbase.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

He can take away all of that if he pulls us away from the relegation zone over the next few games.....simples.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He said he wouldn't give up, which is important. Referenced the hard work that everyone at the club is putting in too