IGNORED

Russell Osman on Sky news

22 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Stuart Munro I recall being reasonable, if not outstanding. Compared to other team members at the time, he was absolutely golden.

Munro was ok, bags experience and in the side that beat Liverpool in perhaps our greatest night ever on the road… He was RB And Andy Llewelyn LB.  Over 8000  City at Anfield…and the kop applauding BCFC at the end and I recall Stuart Munro pointing at the kop in almost disbelief…. Him and Jack Hunt very similar playing styles. 

Midweek away game at Brighton, early 90’s, and Osman chipped a ball into the away end during the warm up. Gallantly I leant to the left, thereby avoiding a direct hit and ensuring that the ball crashed into the midriff of the woman sat behind me, where it deposited a carton of coffee over a very expensive looking fur coat. Mrs Osman was not best pleased. “Christ, what a prat”, was only one of her responses, referring to our player/ manager, not me. And, sadly, I was tempted to agree. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Munro was ok, bags experience and in the side that beat Liverpool in perhaps our greatest night ever on the road… He was RB And Andy Llewelyn LB.  Over 8000  City at Anfield…and the kop applauding BCFC at the end and I recall Stuart Munro pointing at the kop in almost disbelief…. Him and Jack Hunt very similar playing styles. 

So the left footed Munro was right back and the right footed Llewellyn was left back? No wonder we won with tactics like that. Even Osman wasn't that daft.

2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Richard Dryden. He brings back some very bad memories. Remember once in the Atyeo/Dolman corner he managed two or three touches in succession each greeted with massive cheers and a round of “one Richard Dryden” followed by everybody falling about in laughter.

The very same richard dryden who the following season 1st game marked ruud gullit whilst playing prem for southampton..... 

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I dunno if anyone has asked shelts if he had the courtesy of an interview, unlike Russel he knew that division, with that board I doubt he did. You would think aize and shelts were interviewed by any sensible board 

Wouldn’t be the first time Aizlewood had been interviewed with unfortunate consequences to follow…

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Stuart Munro I recall being reasonable, if not outstanding. Compared to other team members at the time, he was absolutely golden.

5 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

Munro was ok, bags experience and in the side that beat Liverpool in perhaps our greatest night ever on the road.

3 hours ago, Gimme Shelton said:

So the left footed Munro was right back and the right footed Llewellyn was left back? No wonder we won with tactics like that. Even Osman wasn't that daft.

Munro was decent for our level at the time. he did have a night to forget when he was playing I think at CB against Stan Colleymore for Forest. young Stanley tore Munro and us apart that night.  I think he got a hat-trick and left poor old Munro on his backside on the half-way line late on to run on and get his 3rd

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

That board and Osman were made for each other, if Gary Shelton had got the job, some of the names mentioned wouldn't even have got a job as ballboys,

And if Mark Aizlewood had got the job, we might all be in jail. Boom, boom. Joking, Mark, joking!

One of my favourite players from that period. Especially that time in Ayr or Largs or Clydebank or wherever it was - went out of his way to say hello and chat. Bug Joe couldnae be bother'd!  

4 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Munro was decent for our level at the time. he did have a night to forget when he was playing I think at CB against Stan Colleymore for Forest. young Stanley tore Munro and us apart that night.  I think he got a hat-trick and left poor old Munro on his backside on the half-way line late on to run on and get his 3rd

cheered on by gasheads in the parkend .

On 04/01/2023 at 14:15, brady bunch said:

I remember that game <<shudders>>, Collywobble absolutely destroyed us. Think it was 4-1? We were lucky it wasn't double figures.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 14:15, brady bunch said:

Remember that one, still think that performance from Collymore was one of the best I've seen from an opposition striker at AG.

• Like 3

On 04/01/2023 at 08:25, GreedyHarry said:

Richard Dryden. He brings back some very bad memories. Remember once in the Atyeo/Dolman corner he managed two or three touches in succession each greeted with massive cheers and a round of “one Richard Dryden” followed by everybody falling about in laughter.

How did he go into bigger things though always troubles my brain

• Like 1