IGNORED

Respect to Hull City

phantom

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

Very generous offer in tough financial times, but I'm not honestly sure if I would still travel with CATS if the offer happened here 

https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/news/2023/january/free-away-travel-for-remainder-of-202223-season/

You would love coach 1 buddy …. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Very generous offer in tough financial times, but I'm not honestly sure if I would still travel with CATS if the offer happened here 

https://www.wearehullcity.co.uk/news/2023/january/free-away-travel-for-remainder-of-202223-season/

Seems like a good offer!

30 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

You would love coach 1 buddy …. 

I went on Coach 1 for the Burnley game. It was fine. Apparently Coach 1 had a reputation back in the day, so I've been told

8 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Seems like a good offer!

I went on Coach 1 for the Burnley game. It was fine. Apparently Coach 1 had a reputation back in the day, so I've been told

My dad went in Coach 1 several times towards the end of his life. I asked him about it once, but as was typical of him, he was totally oblivious to it's reputation and had little to do with the rest of the passengers. He said he never noticed anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just turned off his hearing aid and stuck his radio earpiece in for every journey. :)

I used to travel on CATS a lot before friends decided to drive, often saving a hour to and from on a journey up north. Mostly travelling on coach 2, I never minded travelling on coaches 1 or 3 and the travel itself was mostly fine (aside from once crossing the Trent 3 times before getting to Meadow Lane). It was the motorway service stops that became annoying, both in terms of time spent and where. Clear examples were stopping at Newbury for a match in London, stopping at Keele for a game at Crewe just another half hour away and leaving Ashton Gate at 1230 for a 1745 kick off at Layer Road, Colchester which resulted in stopping at South Mimms for nearly 2 hours 

• Admin
58 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I used to travel on CATS a lot before friends decided to drive, often saving a hour to and from on a journey up north. Mostly travelling on coach 2, I never minded travelling on coaches 1 or 3 and the travel itself was mostly fine (aside from once crossing the Trent 3 times before getting to Meadow Lane). It was the motorway service stops that became annoying, both in terms of time spent and where. Clear examples were stopping at Newbury for a match in London, stopping at Keele for a game at Crewe just another half hour away and leaving Ashton Gate at 1230 for a 1745 kick off at Layer Road, Colchester which resulted in stopping at South Mimms for nearly 2 hours 

That would have been dictated by the police as to where to stop and what time the coach was to arrive at the ground - but 100% agree with you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

My dad went in Coach 1 several times towards the end of his life. I asked him about it once, but as was typical of him, he was totally oblivious to it's reputation and had little to do with the rest of the passengers. He said he never noticed anything.

I wouldn't be surprised if he just turned off his hearing aid and stuck his radio earpiece in for every journey. :)

?

Edited by CodeRed
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

That would have been dictated by the police as to where to stop and what time the coach was to arrive at the ground - but 100% agree with you

Yes and the clubs don't usually want away fans arriving until at least one and a half hours before ko.

It's a difficult thing to get timings right, you only got to hit traffic on the motorways or get a closure or roadworks or something nearer the ground and you are at risk of missing some of the match. Most people would rather arrive an hour early than 5 minutes late

19 hours ago, phantom said:

The cynic in me says this is appeasement during a tough season where relegation is staring them in the face. Bread and circuses for the baying masses.

But the optimist says it's good fan engagement and something more owners should do.

I guess the proof is in how long it lasts for and whether Ilicali offers anything more concrete going forward.

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Yes and the clubs don't usually want away fans arriving until at least one and a half hours before ko.

It's a difficult thing to get timings right, you only got to hit traffic on the motorways or get a closure or roadworks or something nearer the ground and you are at risk of missing some of the match. Most people would rather arrive an hour early than 5 minutes late

I remember Mrs Fudge once regaling me with a story of how the coaches once got stuck in traffic for a game at Tranmere (or maybe Chester) and turned up at half time. She was not going to let that happen again.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 1