IGNORED

Average away followings so far this season

phantom

11 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Swansea, Cardiff, QPR away still to come for us. We normally sell out all 3 so numbers a bit skewed at present.

Absolutely, look at our first 6 away games;

Hull, Wigan, Blackpool, Blackburn, Norwich & Burnley.

Not exactly local derbies, were they?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I stuck up for our home support the other day. But have to be even-handed, and obvious excuses aside, those away numbers are not good. 

I wonder if it's as simple as our home attendance has increased so much over the past few years that people just choose to do more home games than away. 

I think it’s as simple as a North West heavy league with mode of our ‘local’ fixtures still to come. Nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I stuck up for our home support the other day. But have to be even-handed, and obvious excuses aside, those away numbers are not good. 

I wonder if it's as simple as our home attendance has increased so much over the past few years that people just choose to do more home games than away. 

Or just being shit the last few seasons.

• Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I think it’s as simple as a North West heavy league with mode of our ‘local’ fixtures still to come. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Shouldn't be behind the likes of Cardiff, Hull, Swansea and QPR imo. Granted QPR have had a better season, they aren't a well supported club.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Shouldn't be behind the likes of Cardiff, Hull, Swansea and QPR imo. Granted QPR have had a better season, they aren't a well supported club.

I think fans are just bored of City to be honest. Certainly feels that way…

• Like 4

6 hours ago, weepywall said:

Preston bit of surprise there, higher than West Brom and Norwich, suppose they have a few games on their doorstep tho.

5 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Very rough calculation , they have 8 games inside 80 miles, we have 3.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

10 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Our home support is great and our away is abysmal

Dunno why anyone needs to say anything else or make excuses 

Is it really that good?  A lot of ST holders aren't bothering prob around 15k at games recently.

7 hours ago, Malago said:

We’ve been in this league for 13 of the last 15 years.  There is very little novelty in travelling to the same grounds year after year.

Unless we are doing well which we haven’t been for the past 3 or so season. We all know that when we are top half / pushing for play-offs in this league we always take big numbers away. It is what it is really.

Can’t knock our home support though. I think relative to recent and past success to still be averaging over 20k at home is fantastic support in all honesty.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Is it really that good?  A lot of ST holders aren't bothering prob around 15k at games recently.

Same for all teams though, every club in the land counts ST holders irrespective of if they turn up or not. 

Do Sunderland for an example actually physically get 36 plus thousand week in week out at the stadium of light? I very much doubt it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Malago said:

Plymouth’s away support stands out. 1486 travelling an average 242 miles per game is outstanding at that level

Phenomenal, I know they are having a brilliant season but their away support is superb even in average seasons.

Really want them to come up, as the West Country’s only other significant club it would be great to renew our rivalry with them.

26 minutes ago, Super said:

We’ve covered this before, those people have paid to go in, so are counted.

Whether they turn up or not (& red button makes a huge difference to night games) their seats are sold.

This is the only metric by which you can judge our gates & they are pretty much consistently at their highest in a very long time.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Well for our 8th season is it in the championship that is really good. Rovers fans be all over that but after a promotion and decent start thats expected. I did expect us to take more to Coventry in all honesty.

Coventry priced themselves out of it for many didn't they, £20 for child and £33 an adult wasn't it?

8 hours ago, Malago said:

We’ve been in this league for 13 of the last 15 years.  There is very little novelty in travelling to the same grounds year after year.

I've heard a lot of people say this recently, same old grounds over and over. Even the ones that are promoted or relagated into the Championship seem to be the same, eg Norwich and Rotherham etc. Wycombe in the cup was the last new ground for me for quite a while.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've heard a lot of people say this recently, same old grounds over and over. Even the ones that are promoted or relagated into the Championship seem to be the same, eg Norwich and Rotherham etc. Wycombe in the cup was the last new ground for me for quite a while.

Interesting comment, but do people really go because of visiting a ground or go to support their team?