IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

Just now, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The players who went out of their way to clap the area FT (and who usually ignore it) may disagree. Noise levels above anything this season, two blocks going at it got the whole ground singing at times. Ridiculously negative attitude, what’s the point? 

Just how it came across on TV. Thrilled we won especially with a bit of fight for once. Upwards and onwards.

Just now, IAmNick said:

Quiet the first half but was a bit better second half. Hope they keep it up and it improves!

Loads of stewards milling around at times who looked like they'd been told to go there but had no idea what to do.

If they do then fair play to them.

5 minutes ago, Bris Red said:

What has living in France got to do with anything?
Being negative about a fan movement that is literally trying to help the horrendous AG really baffles me to be honest.

If you had taken time to read the post you would have understood that someone said I hadn't added to the atmosphere. Do keep up.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I live in France buddy so a tad difficult. However, messages I received from friends at the game basically said much as I thought.

Just seems a bit negative for the sake of it. It’s a fan led initiative, mainly young fans behind it. You’re not obliged to knock it just because they called it ‘ultras’.

If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Just seems a bit negative for the sake of it. It’s a fan led initiative, mainly young fans behind it. You’re not obliged to knock it just because they called it ‘ultras’.

If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything. 

Yes Mum. As for "Ultras" do they really understand the history ?

Edited by BigTone

I sit in B block, so here’s what I saw. Positives: good atmosphere, they made some noise so there’s that.

Negatives: the newbies to A block treated it as if it were unreserved seating. There were a number standing on the stairwells….and you could see the regulars looking peeved at not being able to get to their seats.

If it’s to continue then there needs to be some give and take in order for the club to allow it, the trouble with some fans is if they’re given an inch they’ll take a yard.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Really good atmosphere today. Both “singing blocks” behind the team the whole match. Very disappointing news for some posters I know but it was a great effort

It’s an odd mentality isn’t it. I genuinely can’t understand why some on here seemed to want it to fail. Well done to everyone who took initiative.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably not. But they’d hardly be alone in that. To them it just means a group of supporters who make noise and back the team. There’s no need to be so persnickety. 

So the fact that the term Ultras generally refers to those with violent and racist ideals is ok with you ? Sorry to be pernickety. Obviously my mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok for a bit of context, firstly , I loved the atmosphere, had a season ticket in Block A for years, initially due to the fact it had the more vocal fans in it, which sadly became diluted over the years.

However it was massively over capacity today which is obviously unsafe if allowed to continue, as mentioned above many season ticket holders couldn't access their seats, and due to the standing throughout the game many people who aren't able to stand or are vertically compromised such as my missus couldn't see. Now when this problem arises in away games the solution put forward is to move to the front, but this was frankly not possible.

What did surprise me was how polite my pubescent little friends were, so credit to them there, but if block A is to be reclaimed as a singing section these problems need sorting out.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That’s a straw man argument but you know that. 

I’m just pleased some fans took initiative to improve things. 

All I said was that the proposed noise didn't come over on Robin's TV. Others I know who attended the game said the same from the Lansdown. If you want to sing then sing and good luck to you. I frankly dont give a crap. You can sing Boyzones greatest hits for all I care. Remember though that not everybody shows their support in the same way, however they pay their £30 odd entry fee in the same way you do. It doesn't make them any less a fan.

• Like 1