IGNORED

‘A Block Ultras’

OliOTIB

1 hour ago, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

What I fail to understand is why anyone would choose to sit / stand in one corner of the Atyeo, UNLESS it was goad and antagonise away supporters. This, is reason enough to not allow it. 

Although there is also an argument that proximity between away fans and home fans can enhance atmosphere, competitive chanting trying to outsing etc.

East End in modern times had home and away fans in the same stand e.g. as did the Atyeo for 2 seasons.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

54 minutes ago, BUTOR said:

I saw a rugby game in there last year and loved it. It’s so outdated compared to the rest of the ground internally it’s like walking into a Bristol City time machine. Great nostalgia trip.

I have sat in there for a rugby game, and I was amazed at just how imposing the Dolman and Lansdown stands were in terms of their size.

It was a bit* like being in a mini that is being overtaken by a lorry on a motorway.

*okay, it was nothing like that, but it felt very small.

4 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

To sum up, I dont think it matters how far away from the Away end you are, as long as your making enough noise to get behind your own team.

I thought Hull did a good job between their 2 sets of fans either side of us Friday to drown us out.

Was fairly impressed until they stopped singing after 20 mins

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although there is also an argument that proximity between away fans and home fans can enhance atmosphere, competitive chanting trying to outsing etc.

East End in modern times had home and away fans in the same stand e.g. as did the Atyeo for 2 seasons.

Sat in the atyeo for those 2 seasons and I swear some fans watched about 60 seconds of football and spent the rest of the time goading away fans .. but never ventured into the park at full time though 

9 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Sat in the atyeo for those 2 seasons and I swear some fans watched about 60 seconds of football and spent the rest of the time goading away fans .. but never ventured into the park at full time though 

That's the downside risk I guess, there will be some who are there for the taunting.

• Like 1

On 18/09/2023 at 19:05, Mr Popodopolous said:

Presumably some fans were overstepping the mark, got a warning, disregarded it and out they went.

Based on the Tiktok video, one especially will be the for the high jump as he aimed a headbutt- a sly headbutt at that- at a Security detail ejecting him!

Matey shouldn't have been allowed in to the ground in the first place with that ridiculous ponytail !!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It doesn't really travel round the ground well.

I was informed that there was a good atmosphere in E34..I was down towards the other end of the Dolman but though I could see standing and the actions associated with the songs, I couldn't hear anything.

Was sat towards back of E34 on Tuesday and we always sing at the back but tbh honest we couldn’t hear anything that the young uns at the front of E34 were singing. There were loads in the middle of E34 not interested in getting atmosphere going until the 4th went in. Heard S82 at times but the acoustics of stadium are crap 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Yes strange. I sit in E28 dolman up by section 82. I could hear Argyle fansoud and clear and also section 82as right next to it. Never heard  Dolman A block all night. Although I believe it was quite loud from people sitting there. Acoustics of stadium are just not great.

I suppose, ultimately, that means there will be issues arising from whatever placement we go for. So we’ve all just got to get behind the team as much as we can from our various pockets. It’s (probably) as simple as that.

1 hour ago, richyy66 said:

Yes strange. I sit in E28 dolman up by section 82. I could hear Argyle fansoud and clear and also section 82as right next to it. Never heard  Dolman A block all night. Although I believe it was quite loud from people sitting there. Acoustics of stadium are just not great.

Don't think it's the acoustics, it's the location of the singers, everyone used to moan about the acoustics in the Atyeo when it was the home end but its not an issue now with away fans, the singing/ standing section needs to be behind the goal so that the noise travels down the pitch instead of across it as it does now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It doesn't really travel round the ground well.

I was informed that there was a good atmosphere in E34..I was down towards the other end of the Dolman but though I could see standing and the actions associated with the songs, I couldn't hear anything.

I was in E33 on Tuesday and the atmosphere was shit. If you’re being told that was a good atmosphere, when the loudest song in that section was that  “I can’t read, I can’t write” rubbish, we’ve got problems IMO.

I said at the time to @Spudgun, who I stood with on the East End for many years, that should we ever play the gas, I fear our support would be pretty dire if that’s the loudest song we’ve got. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Don't think it's the acoustics, it's the location of the singers, everyone used to moan about the acoustics in the Atyeo when it was the home end but its not an issue now with away fans, the singing/ standing section needs to be behind the goal so that the noise travels down the pitch instead of across it as it does now.

Agree on the point that the Safe Standing area needs to be more central and bigger but still don't think that different areas can be heard so well in different bits of the ground.

7 minutes ago, tin said:

I was in E33 on Tuesday and the atmosphere was shit. If you’re being told that was a good atmosphere, when the loudest song in that section was that  “I can’t read, I can’t write” rubbish, we’ve got problems IMO.

I said at the time to @Spudgun, who I stood with on the East End for many years, that should we ever play the gas, I fear our support would be pretty dire if that’s the loudest song we’ve got. 

Depends what we mean by atmosphere . Noise, any kind of noise or no? Is that about the standard that they usually chant in there.

10 minutes ago, tin said:

Ah not just me then.

That song makes us sound like idiots. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 4

39 minutes ago, Jose said:

Ah not just me then.

That song makes us sound like idiots. 

Totally agree, and it wouldn’t have lasted five minutes on the East End. Millwall and Swansea look like idiots when they sing it, it’s embarrassing some of ours feel the need to copy them. There’s a reason no fans of the other 89 League clubs sing that. It’s Cringeworthy shite.

Edited by tin

1 hour ago, tin said:

Totally agree, and it wouldn’t have lasted five minutes on the East End. Millwall and Swansea look like idiots when they sing it, it’s embarrassing some of ours feel the need to copy them. There’s a reason no fans of the other 89 League clubs sing that. It’s Cringeworthy shite.

just like that ole ole ole ole shite ,was probably okay back in 86...... for a bit 

My Plymouth supporting neighbour , thought the ground was excellent with the outside bars etc live bands and from inside thought the ground looked top quality . He also thought as the game went on the atmosphere got better & louder as I did . I put it down to our uncanny knack of letting leads slip and rarely winning at home . I thinK on about 75 mins we had the game in our hand that’s when the crowd started to actually believe we were gonna win at home and made some pretty decent noise .

if we can continue our home form I think you will find the atmosphere will be decent 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, freezer said:

Just wondering what, if any qualifications are required to be considered an 'Ultra'? 

Clothing, look, attitude, vocal talent, age? 

I'll guess at stone Island, not doing your homework and not giving a sh1t, white powder residue around the nose, a couple of cans of gold, being able to do the arms outstretched sideways dance and the ability to call anyone not a City fan (and sometimes fellow City fans) 'wnakers'.

Very tongue in cheek and I clearly dont know but what do I win?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tin said:

Arsenal sing about being ******* too for some reason