IGNORED

Utd vs City

formerly known as ivan

19 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Though Rashford didn't take any action, obvious or otherwise. The ball being in playing distance doesn't constitute an action.

I don't see anything in Law 11 that equates to a player being active if the goalkeeper is unsure who might play the ball. To capture that you would have to make yet another change to the law, though how a referee could judge whether a keeper is confused by the presence of an inactive (as defined) player is unclear.

I guess it’s interpretation isn’t it? I think Rashford continues to move towards the ball even if he doesn’t swing a boot at it.

On 14/01/2023 at 14:16, miketh2nd said:

Very bizarre ref decisions  for the Fernando goal   doesn't even appear to use var and would of rashford clearly interefering with play.

Great isn't it?   Despite VAR,  4th officials, and bags of technology........they still managed to get the absurd Man utd goal and the Saudi Arabia utd penalty/penalties wrong?  Maybe it's just a conspiracy to make sure the Gunners don't win the Premier league by too far?

Edited by maxjak
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, chinapig said:

Though Rashford didn't take any action, obvious or otherwise. The ball being in playing distance doesn't constitute an action.

I don't see anything in Law 11 that equates to a player being active if the goalkeeper is unsure who might play the ball. To capture that you would have to make yet another change to the law, though how a referee could judge whether a keeper is confused by the presence of an inactive (as defined) player is unclear.

He dummied a shot didn't he? certainly looked like that

13 hours ago, maxjak said:

Great isn't it?   Despite VAR,  4th officials, and bags of technology........they still managed to get the absurd Man utd goal and the Saudi Arabia utd penalty/penalties wrong?  Maybe it's just a conspiracy to make sure the Gunners don't win the Premier league by too far?

That doesn't make sense, City losing made the gap bigger?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

He dummied a shot didn't he? certainly looked like that

That doesn't make sense, City losing made the gap bigger?

I cannot stand pedantry..............Saudi Arabia Utd and Man U Both increased their points totals by 3...........meaning they are Both getting closer to the top of the league, and thus are gaining closer proximity to the current leaders....which ultimately may help them in the long term to close the gap.  Whatever...........I am bored with this conversation now.  Ha!!

On 14/01/2023 at 14:12, Malago said:

Rashford’s clearly interfering with play.

Always reminded of Brian Clough's quote on the issue - " if a player is not interfering with play then he shouldn't be on the pitch!"

21 hours ago, chinapig said:

Law 51 states that if the incident occurred at Old Trafford then it is always a Man Utd goal.:)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Paul G said:

I think he means Newcastle as Saudi, not man city

Yea I got that, but Utd beating City increased Arsenal's lead, not decreased.

I get that Utd and Newcastle winning increase their points totals, but as I say, the gap to the top increased - if there was a conspiracy against Arsenal, City would have won

Though I also accept OP was most likely joking about an actual conspiracy!

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

This is the best way to sum it up IMO. This guy has edited Rashford out of the Pic, now you can see that he has to be interfering with play.

Offside is a joke now.

1873510973_Screenshot2023-01-17at09_49_21.png.93a1962831441914b31ba4ac3a7f06c5.png

The only thing this photo doesn't account for is the pace the ball is moving it, but I still think the defender can get a slide / block in if Rashford isn't in the way. He can;t slide through Rashford, but if he isn't there he may make it

Also, keepers position is all wrong if no Rashford

23 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Yea I got that, but Utd beating City increased Arsenal's lead, not decreased.

I get that Utd and Newcastle winning increase their points totals, but as I say, the gap to the top increased - if there was a conspiracy against Arsenal, City would have won

Though I also accept OP was most likely joking about an actual conspiracy!

The only thing this photo doesn't account for is the pace the ball is moving it, but I still think the defender can get a slide / block in if Rashford isn't in the way. He can;t slide through Rashford, but if he isn't there he may make it

Also, keepers position is all wrong if no Rashford

Exactly