IGNORED

Bedminster Cricket ground parking.

BCFC1512

17 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

What’s the cost theses days? And can you book online or is it cash only on arrival ?

They were charging £25 yesterday, the field next door is usually £15 (but is much more on music events) but yesterday it was too wet, so be careful on rainy days relying on it as there are no alternatives.

Edited by pillred
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

They are some outrageous prices!

I know, it started out at a fiver in the cricket club then somebody saw pound signs and bought the field next door and doubled it to a tenner then they got even greedier and upped it to fifteen quid and that's all the past 3 years so that's a 300% increase, and on music events and balloon fiestas I was told they were charging £50 your right it is scandalous. 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Lads. Get Just Park and you'll pay far less (rarely more than a tenner) than that to park on someone's driveway. Pick exactly where you want to park, how long you want to pay for, pre pay on the app, and don't queue in and out of a busy car park.

Use this for Bristol airport and has saved me a fortune in the past 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, James54De said:

Cricket Club don’t do parking. Field next door do, different people. Saw a post on Facebook saying £25, however not sure if that’s true. Last I saw was £10 of pre booked, £15 cash on the day. 

Used to be a £5.........robbing sods. That on top of the 9 pound clear air levy and tickets. Slowly being priced out. 

Edited by MelksRed
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I use it for our away games as well when I drive. It's never let me down.

I use it for away games too….you must be the annoying person who always gets in there and nicks the place I used the previous season ?

Seriously though, it’s noticeable when I’ve looked that prices generally around Ashton Gate seem a lot higher than most we come across outside London. 

Incidentally, what won’t have helped yesterday was that all the parking along that road outside the Ashton had gone. Partly because there was deep flooding in the bus lane (which all vehicles have to use when there are cars parked along that section).

But partly because, even in the section with no flooding, there seemed to be an extraordinary quantity of police stopping people parking. Are they going to start imposing the “freeway” restriction along there now? 

2 hours ago, MelksRed said:

Used to be a £5.........robbing sods. That on top of the 9 pound clear air levy and tickets. Slowly being priced out. 

If memory serves me the cricket ground charged a £5 and had use of all the field then the owner of the field next to the cricket ground thought hang on I’m missing a trick here and a fence went up between the two fields. They then stating charging £10 whilst the cricket club still charged £5 . When I asked a parking attendant at the cricket about only charging £5 they said it would stay like that till the end of season. Next season they were charging £10 that’s when we started using the train and never looked back 

17 minutes ago, James54De said:

Yes. £25 (and even £15) is awful. Club should suggest fans do not park there. 

I don’t think the club’s likely to do that, and it would be the height of hypocrisy if they did, because that’s the kind of prices they charge themselves! 

Ashton School works out to around £12 a game, and I believe the closer ones are more expensive than that - so would be in the £15 region of not more. 

6 hours ago, pillred said:

They were charging £25 yesterday, the field next door is usually £15 (but is much more on music events) but yesterday it was too wet, so be careful on rainy days relying on it as there are no alternatives.

23 league games and one cup match would set you back £600 for the season.

That’s more than the price of a season ticket ?

The bedminster cricket club so annoys me , the monies they have made from events at Ashton gate , football/rugby/concerts etc + ballon fiesta have all helped towards the upgrade of the club house the covers for the cricket square and basically very good facilities. They must be one of the most well off local cricket clubs in Bristol.

im sure the few times I parked there a fair few years ago now the people organising the parking were a fair few well known city fans from south Bristol , looks like they have gone from looking after their own to fleecing their own , pure greed in my eyes unless those familier  faces are not there any more . Sad indictment of the world we live in I suppose .

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Park n Ride is free, plus for me gets down the Portway quicker than I can in a car. Pay £5 return. Stopped parking near the ground when prices went to £10. 

Ditto.

Really used to enjoy a couple of pints at the Cricket Club too. Nice atmosphere and great when there was some cricket to watch. 

Saw the land to the side acquired by someone else and fenced off. The reduced capacity, and increased prices, at the Cricket Club then saw me off. 

Actually, there does seem a bit of a trend for me. Ship and Castle ..closed & demolished….transferred to The Wedlock’s…closed and demolished ..transferred to the Cricket Club ..  main parking area sold off.

Moved out travelling up by car mostly now and come up by train - so head to the Docks area.