IGNORED

Who else is going to miss Gouldie?

SecretSam

22 minutes ago, Rob k said:

You say a big loss - but what has he done to make you think that? (I’m not saying he won’t be by the way, i don’t know)

Apart from massively reduce the wage bill, organise the Ashton Gate 8 celebration, bring a calmness to the back of house stuff, etc? Nah, nothing.

30 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

A very good appointment, gets on with his job outside of the limelight, unlike previous incumbents. Arguably as big a loss as anyone on the playing staff at this stage.

Oh and I think we probably went to the same school….

BGS 1980-1987 ?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rob k said:

You say a big loss - but what has he done to make you think that? (I’m not saying he won’t be by the way, i don’t know)

Agreed, I think lots of people view him positively because of his predecessor.

That’s not to say Gould hasn’t done a good job, obviously we wouldn’t know most of his day to day work.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Apart from massively reduce the wage bill, organise the Ashton Gate 8 celebration, bring a calmness to the back of house stuff, etc? Nah, nothing.

BGS 1980-1987 ?

That all Had to be done - there was no choice, we haven’t sold anyone, we have released players which has contributed to the reduction in wages, and offered players extensions with a take it or leave it offer as that’s where we are as a club!Id fancy that gig for the money. 
I’d also very much doubt he had much to do with the actual organisation of the AG8 celebrations either as that would be a job for someone else.

As said, not saying he’s not done anything but not sure I’m going to ‘miss him’

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Rob k said:

That all Had to be done - there was no choice, we haven’t sold anyone, we have released players which has contributed to the reduction in wages, and offered players extensions with a take it or leave it offer as that’s where we are as a club!Id fancy that gig for the money. 
I’d also very much doubt he had much to do with the actual organisation of the AG8 celebrations either as that would be a job for someone else.

As said, not saying he’s not done anything but not sure I’m going to ‘miss him’

He was ultimately responsible for driving that through and worked closely with the FPA, SC&T and others - anyone who’s worked with him or spoken with him in the last year or so is positive.

His job isn’t to be showy and obvious, it’s to get things sorted and organised behind the scenes and he’s done that without doubt from everyone I’ve spoken to.

‘Tis a shame he’s moving on

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Exiled Robin said:

He was ultimately responsible for driving that through and worked closely with the FPA, SC&T and others - anyone who’s worked with him or spoken with him in the last year or so is positive.

His job isn’t to be showy and obvious, it’s to get things sorted and organised behind the scenes and he’s done that without doubt from everyone I’ve spoken to.

‘Tis a shame he’s moving on

It certainly is.

When someone gets on with sorting out a mess without fuss it’s odd that this is apparently so blindingly obvious to some but it didn’t ever happen before.

Gould inherited a total shitshow but has just cracked on, the fact we don’t have a points deduction (& how vital could that be?) is down to him & Pearson.

Some just like to relentlessly moan with nothing constructive to say, he’s done a very good job & the comments above reflect a lot of the poster who made them.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Gould inherited a total shitshow but has just cracked on, the fact we don’t have a points deduction (& how vital could that be?) is down to him & Pearson.

That is his biggest achievement (imho)…between him and Nige they’ve gradually reshaped a squad by making tough decisions, and kept us in this division.  No easy task.

On a personal front, I met him a couple of times through Harry’s scouting group.  I found him personable, open and trusting.  He isn’t one for the limelight, happy to go around the outside of the RHPC looking for golf balls whilst the football is being played out!

Plus he reckons he was a better keeper than his brother.  Anyone vouch for that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

...I can call him that 'cos I went to school with him! 

Anyway, it's been an absolute privilege having Richard Gould in charge at Bristol City, and I'm gutted he's going.

1 hour ago, bexhill reds said:

A very good appointment, gets on with his job outside of the limelight, unlike previous incumbents. Arguably as big a loss as anyone on the playing staff at this stage.

Oh and I think we probably went to the same school….

So did I but left in 1960 so no chance of me knowing you and vice versa.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That is his biggest achievement (imho)…between him and Nige they’ve gradually reshaped a squad by making tough decisions, and kept us in this division.  No easy task.

On a personal front, I met him a couple of times through Harry’s scouting group.  I found him personable, open and trusting.  He isn’t one for the limelight, happy to go around the outside of the RHPC looking for golf balls whilst the football is being played out!

Plus he reckons he was a better keeper than his brother.  Anyone vouch for that?

I was in the same class as Gouldie (BGS 81-88), and in the same school football team. I can categorically confirm that he was an excellent goalkeeper. His brother always had ambitions of professional football (as a midfielder) but Rich was definitely a better ‘keeper. From what I can remember, he had no interest in pursuing that as a career though, he was more interested in an army career as a lad

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Anyway, it's been an absolute privilege having Richard Gould in charge at Bristol City, and I'm gutted he's going.

He bought me a pint of Peroni in the Hen and Chicken. 

How the other half live, eh.

On the one occasion I spoke with him (oddly, in the Hen and Chicken) came across as a lovely bloke and enjoying the challenge of working at the club, big shoes to fill.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

He bought me a pint of Peroni in the Hen and Chicken. 

How the other half live, eh.

On the one occasion I spoke with him (oddly, in the Hen and Chicken) came across as a lovely bloke and enjoying the challenge of working at the club, big shoes to fill.

Couldn’t have enjoyed it that much as didn’t stick around very long ??

2 hours ago, SecretSam said:

He’s done a good job to steady the ship, wish him well. Looking forward to seeing how Alexander approaches things, more of a football man that’s for sure

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Both were magnificent footballers, and yes, Richard was by all accounts very good in goal. Think he did some hockey keeping, but the no.1 slot belonged to Al Shute, who was a) a Sag and b) an absolute head-case (and a good mate when I was at school)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SecretSam said:

And so say all of us..............they are Very big shoes to fill.   He has in some part rectified Ashton's Autocracy?