IGNORED

Preston away coach.

BCFC1512

22 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Fair play city £11 for ST holders! Having never done supporters coach, is it a case of they rock you up in time for straight In ground or do you get there early enough to have a wonder around and get a drink.

Coaches usually pitch up about 1pm to give time to greet players entering the ground. Plenty of time for a walk around and a drink. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Fair play city £11 for ST holders! Having never done supporters coach, is it a case of they rock you up in time for straight In ground or do you get there early enough to have a wonder around and get a drink.

It's because it's part of the Green Football Weekend to encourage more public transport to travel to games...

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/calling-all-robins-fans-to-support-our-bid-to-win-the-green-football-cup/

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

how would they get there anyway?....

Post above stated it’s green football weekend , and the incentive from the club is a good one. Hopefully for us northern fans no train strikes so we can use public transport and not have to drive

17 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Coaches usually pitch up about 1pm to give time to greet players entering the ground. Plenty of time for a walk around and a drink. 

Normally local police don't want fans at an away ground until at least 1.30, or an hour and a half before ko. When have actually gone to the services near Preston before when the ground is only 15 minutes away as we have been too early! To be fair this possibly coincided with the driver having to take their legal break.

On 19/01/2023 at 06:25, RedM said:

Normally local police don't want fans at an away ground until at least 1.30, or an hour and a half before ko. When have actually gone to the services near Preston before when the ground is only 15 minutes away as we have been too early! To be fair this possibly coincided with the driver having to take their legal break.

Preston staff, stewards and police are among the friendliest Ive experienced and no matter what time we arrive they will be welcoming. And even if we get there and the turnstiles arent open yet - a little walk around Deepdale is really good if you have never done it before. 

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Maybe switched to a double decker coach? I know that's happened for some games.

Yes extra seats are available because of coach upgrades.

On 19/01/2023 at 06:52, gl2 said:

Coach 1 is supposed to be good ???

Yours truly is driving coach 1 this saturday - so hell yes its good! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim S said:

Preston staff, stewards and police are among the friendliest Ive experienced and no matter what time we arrive they will be welcoming. And even if we get there and the turnstiles arent open yet - a little walk around Deepdale is really good if you have never done it before. 

5 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

We had some good contributors on here…

@pnefcokand @Mortis

7 hours ago, Tim S said:

Yes extra seats are available because of coach upgrades.

Yours truly is driving coach 1 this saturday - so hell yes its good! 

I always try to do a full lap walking around any away ground, never had a problem anywhere (but I think it helps that I'm not a youngster and that I'm also female?.

And yes I've been to Preston more times than I want to think about, and rarely return with a point nevermind all 3. It would be so nice to carry on our run of form up there