IGNORED

Lita Or Heffernan ?

andy g

If we're going to play 442 with MIller up front, who do you drop - Lita or Heffernan ?

This has got to be the biggest dilemna for Tinman at the moment - the rest of the team more or less picks itself. (unless you think Murray is so useless you'd rather see someone like Harley there)

Heffernan has always said he plays better alongside a big player and had a great record last season. Although he's not scored in the league this season, I reckon he's looked pretty sharp and has been getting into lots of goalscoring positions.

On the other hand there's Lita - he's scored in both games he's played and worked really hard in the Barnsley game. Seems to be the man in form.

Now, theres no way you can play both - and Miller will get the best out of the one who plays.

But who do you drop - and why ?

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Just a little something....

Heffernan has only scored 37 goals in his entire career....he played for an unknown Irish side firstly and then spent many seasons at Notts County....he scored 20 goals last season but a lot of which were penalties....80% of County fans on an internet poll thought that Heffernan wasn't worth as much as £125,000....

It's a tough question :dunno: :@ Leroy Lita is the form player scoring two goals in two games and Paul Heffernan is suppose to be the goalscorer but he hasn't scored yet but only two games have gone.

I would start with Heffernan with Lee Miller playing alongside him. Heffernan has said he plays better with a target man so playing with Miller he should get more opportunities to score.

Then bring on Lita with 20-30 minutes left. Leroy's still young and got plently of football to come in his career. But can you drop a player who got 2 goals already?

Heffernan has only scored 37 goals in his entire career....he played for an unknown Irish side firstly and then spent many seasons at Notts County....he scored 20 goals last season but a lot of which were penalties....80% of County fans on an internet poll thought that Heffernan wasn't worth as much as £125,000....

That entire career you mention is 100 league appearances (he is only 22 you know, so his "many seasons" is actually 3), he has started around 70 games and been sub in 30 which makes a ratio of a goal every two games he started, not bad, don't you think?

He scored only 4 penalties last season out of 21 goals, so don't try to imply he didn't find the net through other means as he clearly did, in a side that went down,too.

Guest hairyshamrock

I think he's not settled and we don't play to suit Heffernan so I'd say it's a choice between Roberts or Lita up front with either Gillespie or Miller.

:D How anyone can suggest dropping a player who has bagged two well taken goals in two games with our recent goals scoring problems up front is beyond me!!!! :grr:

p.s and no I really could not care less if his first touch is not the best in the world because his second more often then not ends with the ball in the back of the net.......that will do me

:dunno:

thought you were going to start posting under "Royals4ever" again - thought you were a reading fan and proud?!

nah, i wouldnt be either.....

To drop Lita would now be an act of pure folly and send the totally wrong message to the rest of the forwards who are in competition for a start. If Tinman does drop him for doing his job then we will have no hope for the rest of this season. Heffernan hasn't produced and under the 'competition for places' system that the Boss has got going then someone else should get a chance. The result is more important than who plays........

Snoz

Heffernan has only scored 37 goals in his entire career....

You make it sound as if he has been around for years and is nearing his thirties.

he played for an unknown Irish side firstly and then spent many seasons at Notts County....

See a reply further up the page...

he scored 20 goals last season but a lot of which were penalties....

Funny that because I watched all of his games on Notts County World after we had signed him, and most were from open play.

80% of County fans on an internet poll thought that Heffernan wasn't worth as much as £125,000....

I presume you can back this up then?

Guest Bermondsey

so 35 goals in 74 apps not enough?

Simple, we play the man in form. Leroy was excellent up at Barnsley so he should keep his place.

When Leroy's form dips Heffernan can come in.

It's not a bad problem to have is it?! What would we have given last season to have to pick between two natural goalscorers?!

Took the words out of my mouth

Archived