IGNORED

Cardiff away..

BCFC1512

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Always going to happen

No doubt pubs will be shut as well

Don’t understand why , us and Cardiff seems a little dated , there are far more problems with Swansea in recent years . I speak to a couple of the older Cardiff lads and they say they just treat city as a normal game nowadays . Perhaps there just getting older like us all I don’t know .

• Like 3

1 minute ago, redkev said:

Don’t understand why , us and Cardiff seems a little dated , there are far more problems with Swansea in recent years . I speak to a couple of the older Cardiff lads and they say they just treat city as a normal game nowadays . Perhaps there just getting older like us all I don’t know .

The buzz of Tinnion park is just a memory for them, Cardiff has been successfully gentrified with large influxes of students and "professionals".

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

The buzz of Tinnion park is just a memory for them, Cardiff has been successfully gentrified with large influxes of students and "professionals".

Your probably right , I use to love going to ninian park ( however intimidating it was ) and for all you young ones , however many city took it was pretty scary sometimes but a great atmosphere . To be honest it’s not just Cardiff city that has become muted and gentrified even Cardiff as a night out / weekend away is a much more inviting place now. Had a few nights on the lash over there always had a great time . You wouldn’t of said that 20 years ago it was a right shithole & rough as you like.

• Like 4

• Admin
18 minutes ago, redkev said:

I'd guess the police would use this as an example of the inconvenient kick off times helping to reduce problems? 

But agree, going to Cardiff now is nothing like the Ninian Park days 

• Like 1

On 20/01/2023 at 21:03, redkev said:

One of the main reasons being swansea is 20 years behind cities like Cardiff and Bristol when it comes to most things, we used to go there and take the piss through the 80’s and 90’s until independent travel was stopped and the bubble took over.  They had a crew of some sort but mainly just disorganised pissheads no more than 100 or so. They probably have more now whereas most of the older soul crew are 50 odd and I’m not sure the younger generation can be arsed with the hassle, who in their right mind could? Plenty of ours went to jail after a battle v Chelsea in fa cup 2009 was it? A fine police set up. Moving ground also changed it for many, some I knew never went again.  Cardiff and Bristol had many battles over the years but probably none in the last 10/15 yrs. I guess we’ve both evolved and moved on unlike the pikies in the forgotten city out west.

Edited by Montpelierblue
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

One of the main reasons being swansea is 20 years behind cities like Cardiff and Bristol when it comes to most things, we used to go there and take the piss through the 80’s and 90’s until independent travel was stopped and the bubble took over.  They had a crew of some sort but mainly just disorganised pissheads no more than 100 or so. They probably have more now whereas most of the older soul crew are 50 odd and I’m not sure the younger generation can be arsed with the hassle, who in their right mind could? Plenty of ours went to jail after a battle v Chelsea in fa cup 2009 was it? A fine police set up. Moving ground also changed it for many, some I knew never went again.  Cardiff and Bristol had many battles over the years but probably none in the last 10/15 yrs. I guess we’ve both evolved and moved on unlike the pikies in the forgotten city out west.

Swansea is a lovely place, especially when you compare it to the Rovers heartlands. 

23 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Totally agree with you blue, think the last time there was any real disorder was the 3-1 win at ninian ( the Scott Murray running down the Bob bank game ) I know there has been a bit of running around the park at Ashton a few times but nothing compared to the old times . I like yourself am past all that stuff ( tempted sometimes mind ?) but think both sets firms city/Cardiff have grown old together & gracefully . As for Swansea for some reason over the last 3-4 years they seem to love coming to Bristol and to be fair they come in large numbers . Couple of years ago I was basically in amongst lots of there fans walking back to the station and there average honestly must of been about 16-18 . Goods numbers admittedly but I look back to the old days and they would have been taken apart before they would have reached coronation road . I call them rats that’s what they remind me of .

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, redkev said:

Totally agree with you blue, think the last time there was any real disorder was the 3-1 win at ninian ( the Scott Murray running down the Bob bank game ) I know there has been a bit of running around the park at Ashton a few times but nothing compared to the old times . I like yourself am past all that stuff ( tempted sometimes mind ?) but think both sets firms city/Cardiff have grown old together & gracefully . As for Swansea for some reason over the last 3-4 years they seem to love coming to Bristol and to be fair they come in large numbers . Couple of years ago I was basically in amongst lots of there fans walking back to the station and there average honestly must of been about 16-18 . Goods numbers admittedly but I look back to the old days and they would have been taken apart before they would have reached coronation road . I call them rats that’s what they remind me of .

Yeah they are young chav types all started following them when they got the PL in 2010 as 9 yr old kids….clueless, classless and pointless. They still think acting up is cool and clever ffs. None will have even been to the vetch ffs…somewhere I’ve been about 10 times.  Personally I’d be embarrassed as hell if we had fans like that now, I’m sure we do have some but us oldies reign them in and tell them it’s over, forget it it’s not 1987 anymore apart from the Liberty stadium.

26 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Yeah they are young chav types all started following them when they got the PL in 2010 as 9 yr old kids….clueless, classless and pointless. They still think acting up is cool and clever ffs. None will have even been to the vetch ffs…somewhere I’ve been about 10 times.  Personally I’d be embarrassed as hell if we had fans like that now, I’m sure we do have some but us oldies reign them in and tell them it’s over, forget it it’s not 1987 anymore apart from the Liberty stadium.

Went to Swansea on Tuesday and have been a few times. Even with only 10k for a cup game it was a far better atmosphere than all the games I’ve been to at Legoland CCFC since Ninian was demolished.  Never mind though. At least you look good when you tap your heads.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lenred said:

Went to Swansea on Tuesday and have been a few times. Even with only 10k for a cup game it was a far better atmosphere than all the games I’ve been to at Legoland CCFC since Ninian was demolished.  Never mind though. At least you look good when you tap your heads.   

Probably has a better atmosphere as the home fans who make noise are allowed to sit right by the away fans. We have a fool in control of the ground who won’t let singers stand or be near away fans so miles apart and rarely a decent atmosphere, another nail in the coffin. But hey it’s modern football, it’s not for me anyway.

7 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

Probably has a better atmosphere as the home fans who make noise are allowed to sit right by the away fans. We have a fool in control of the ground who won’t let singers stand or be near away fans so miles apart and rarely a decent atmosphere, another nail in the coffin. But hey it’s modern football, it’s not for me anyway.

Very similar to what we have at Ashton gate blue, our main singing section is at the far end/corner of the stadium opposite the away fans so it is hard to get any sort of noise to combat the away fans ( who naturally will make more noise all grouped together , few beeers etc etc) however when we have played yourselves or the rug rats from Swansea a few have ventured up to A block of the Dolman stand and given it a bit more edge . This has now been taken a step further with even more placing themselves in A and B block of the Dolman in non derby fixtures increasing the atmosphere by quite a degree . However the club are hovering in the background waiting for an incident to occur I’m sure , as soon as something happens they will clamp down on it like a ton of bricks mark my words. 

• Like 1