IGNORED

Tony Pulis retires

Jerseybean

Why now Tony? Why not 20 years ago when your idea of how to play “football” was hideously outdated.

I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever hated someone involved with our club more. It wasn’t the Rovers connection, the alleged financial improprieties or even the dress code (as a wise man once said  “There are fewer sights more distressing than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap”). It was the football. I genuinely left a game before half time at 1-1 because the football was so bad. I wasn’t even sat in the ****ing Dolman and had the excuse of beating the crowds. It was just shit. Pure, unadulterated absolute shit.

I hated him then. I hate him now. He can get in the ****ing bin, then climb out, then get in again for good measure.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Flames 2

Thankfully his football at the top flight level retired a long time before he did. West Brom being the last notable team to play that horrible thuggish style of play he adopted.

A true bore and won't be missed by me. Still cannot believe he was appointed manager here

1 hour ago, Offside said:

My least favourite of our managers by a huge distance.

I’ll never forget the joyous scenes in the away end at the game at Bournemouth after he left. The sense of relief created a carnival atmosphere. 

That match was fantastic. The team were unshackled, Thorpe back in from the cold and a 3-2 win.

I nearly toppled off the back wall of the terrace trying to stand on it at full time, in celebration  ?

Edited by Basil Fawlty
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Colin and Penis in the same season?!? Excellent. Just Big Sam and Tony Mowbray to go and the dinosaurs are officially extinct!

1 hour ago, Northern Red said:

Harsh to put Mowbray in with those.

Tony Mowbray has an approx 41% win ratio over his management career and it’s still the same this season with Sunderland.    Definitely not a dinosaur 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Offside said:

My least favourite of our managers by a huge distance.

I’ll never forget the joyous scenes in the away end at the game at Bournemouth after he left. The sense of relief created a carnival atmosphere. 

I remember that game sooo well...and bumping into some Pompey fans, and hearing they had lost...to an Akinbiyi goal... karma 

When he was manager it’s was that shite watching the dross served up I use to drive 30 mins drop my 2 boys off come  home for about an hour then drive back to pick them up , would of been easier just to stay and watch but no thanks hated the man and his football. Over the last 50 years apart from when I use to play the only time I stopped watching city , even use to go when we were bottom of the fourth , done Carlisle away on my own , Chesterfield on a freezing cold Tuesday night then went straight to work, Hartlepool away again alone when no one else would go , Northampton on the Sunday 7-1 or nil can’t remember watched lots of city lows but couldn’t stomach going with him in charge . Good riddance in the same category as Holloway for me Gas end of