IGNORED

Tony Pulis retires

Jerseybean

Hate him so much.

Vile football, gashead, disgusting Newport accent, had an assistant who was about a big a gashead you could get.

We have had crap managers but he was the only one I actually wondered if he was trying to sabotage us.

Has he mentioned his charity work anywhere in this piece?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Harsh to put Mowbray in with those.

Not so much harsh, as insane.

Everywhere Mowbray has been his teams have played bright, attacking football with the ball on the floor.

He is also rarely involved in any nonsense with the match officials.

I cannot think of a single good reason to lump him in with Warnock or Satan.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Anyone remember that game at home to Stoke(?) when we were one down with about ten to go and Tins lashed in a screamer from about thirty yards to equalise and no-one celebrated because it meant he kept his job for another week? I`m still convinced to this day that he was actively trying to destroy the club from within such is his hatred of us.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

4 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Why now Tony? Why not 20 years ago when your idea of how to play “football” was hideously outdated.

I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever hated someone involved with our club more. It wasn’t the Rovers connection, the alleged financial improprieties or even the dress code (as a wise man once said  “There are fewer sights more distressing than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap”). It was the football. I genuinely left a game before half time at 1-1 because the football was so bad. I wasn’t even sat in the ****ing Dolman and had the excuse of beating the crowds. It was just shit. Pure, unadulterated absolute shit.

I hated him then. I hate him now. He can get in the ****ing bin, then climb out, then get in again for good measure.

Don't sit on the fence!!!

Why not tell us how you really feel!!!

???

• Haha 1

I've never witnessed more depressing performances than when that knob was in charge. Triffic also brought in ex sag Lyndsay Parsons as his assistant so didn't give a flying duck for anyone. How he got the job in the first place is beyond me.

I'd rather watch a tin of emulsion dry than watch his brand of exciting football.

I have a West Brom friend who winces at the mere mention of Tiny Penis and his stupid baseball cap.

Him and Colin could do a double act in panto this year as the ugly sisters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I wasn't at the Bournemouth game just after he left, but I do remember listening to the post-match phone-in on Radio Bristol.

First caller comes on, Twentyman says to him "Hi (name), how was that today?"

"One word Geoff...TRIFFIC!"

Remember being at Brentford around Xmas in that season, we lost 2-1 (pretty sure Beadle scored our goal with the last kick of the game) & we absolutely stank the place out.

All second half the away support sang “Pulis for Portsmouth” on repeat for pretty much the full 45 minutes.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Why now Tony? Why not 20 years ago when your idea of how to play “football” was hideously outdated.

I genuinely don’t think I’ve ever hated someone involved with our club more. It wasn’t the Rovers connection, the alleged financial improprieties or even the dress code (as a wise man once said  “There are fewer sights more distressing than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap”). It was the football. I genuinely left a game before half time at 1-1 because the football was so bad. I wasn’t even sat in the ****ing Dolman and had the excuse of beating the crowds. It was just shit. Pure, unadulterated absolute shit.

I hated him then. I hate him now. He can get in the ****ing bin, then climb out, then get in again for good measure.

encapsulates my feelings to a tee...Thank you for posting such a succinct and accurate appraisal of that ****'s time at AG...

On 31/01/2023 at 20:34, Lanterne Rouge said:

Anyone remember that game at home to Stoke(?) when we were one down with about ten to go and Tins lashed in a screamer from about thirty yards to equalise and no-one celebrated because it meant he kept his job for another week? I`m still convinced to this day that he was actively trying to destroy the club from within such is his hatred of us.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I wasn't going much in those days, partly due to shift work, but also because of the lack of incentive. My dad got hold of the ticket next to him in the Dolman for a game, I am pretty sure it was against Hull. I sat there for about 30 minutes, depressed and thanking **** I hadn't spent any money on this, when we got a throw in far side. The ball was thrown to David Seal about 30 yards out and he lashed in a wonderful half volley.

I spent the rest of the game, begging for him to get it again, it never happened and I never went again until he left.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I wasn't going much in those days, partly due to shift work, but also because of the lack of incentive. My dad got hold of the ticket next to him in the Dolman for a game, I am pretty sure it was against Hull. I sat there for about 30 minutes, depressed and thanking **** I hadn't spent any money on this, when we got a throw in far side. The ball was thrown to David Seal about 30 yards out and he lashed in a wonderful half volley.

I spent the rest of the game, begging for him to get it again, it never happened and I never went again until he left.

Hull we're not in our division under pulis and seal had left years before

On 31/01/2023 at 21:05, Swede said:

I've never witnessed more depressing performances than when that knob was in charge. Triffic also brought in ex sag Lyndsay Parsons as his assistant so didn't give a flying duck for anyone. How he got the job in the first place is beyond me.

I'd rather watch a tin of emulsion dry than watch his brand of exciting football.

I have a West Brom friend who winces at the mere mention of Tiny Penis and his stupid baseball cap.

Him and Colin could do a double act in panto this year as the ugly sisters.

He got the job because our board including Lansdown decided that they preferred him to Moyes who was managing Preston.

Both had long careers in the Premier League but to choose an ex Gas over Moysie was total madness. 

It's taken SL until he appointed Nigel Pearson to correct the enormous clanger.