IGNORED

Kadji to Swindon on loan

Jerseybean

Could be a good move, hopefully gets plenty of football and builds him up for a crack at the first team next year.

Does mean I'll have to keep an eye on Swindon though and not just smile when I see they've lost.

Swindon Town have snapped up young Bristol City ace Dylan Kadji on loan, subject to EFL approval.The 19-year-old will spend the remainder of the current season at the County Ground.The six-foot two-inch midfielder has come through the Championship sides youth academy, signing his first professional contract back in November 2021.He’s gone on to make two senior appearances for Nigel Pearson’s first-team, and has been singled out by his manager on numerous occasions for some impressive displays on the pitch and during a pre-season training camp last year.As well as a loan spell at National League South side Bath City last term, where he made six appearances and featured against Chippenham Town, he netted seven minutes into his senior Bristol City debut in August last year in a 3-1 win over Wycombe Wanderers at Adams Park in the EFL Trophy.Town Technical Director, Sandro Di Michele, said: “Dylan is a very talented, combative young player that comes to the club highly recommended.“He brings versatility and tenacity that will no doubt excite Swindon Town fans.”Upon completing his Swindon move, Dylan commented: “I’m delighted to get this over the line. Everyone has been really welcoming since I’ve come in today and this seems a great environment to develop.“I like to get on the ball and am a typical box to box midfielder with energy and goals, so I can’t wait to show the Town fans what I can and what I’m capable of.”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Is Taylor-Clarke in front of Kadji in terms of development, or vice versa?

It's difficult to tell, Taylor-Clarke has changed his role this season and become more of player to break up play, that seems to have given him a better opportunity to progress. 

I think Kadji's description of himself is interesting as I don't think I have really seen him play like that, he generally plays as a centre circle pivot when I have seen him play. I'd like to see the player he describes though, and he is a "unit" which we could do with at times.

5 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I wouldn't think so, Kadji getting a loan to a league club tells me at least they want regular professional mens football in his development at this point. Taylor-Clarke will continue with the Under 21's and occasional games when he's on our bench.

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's difficult to tell, Taylor-Clarke has changed his role this season and become more of player to break up play, that seems to have given him a better opportunity to progress. 

I think Kadji's description of himself is interesting as I don't think I have really seen him play like that, he generally plays as a centre circle pivot when I have seen him play. I'd like to see the player he describes though, and he is a "unit" which we could do with at times.

I haven't seen lots of him, but at over 6' and he say B2B, that is exactly what everyone would want in a midfielder.

Seen nothing of Taylor - Clarke, but listening to that Swansea game sounded like he enjoys a tackle. I have my fingers crossed for these two to advance and "make it".

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, he looks like he’s trying to become Korey-like.

My worry for Dylan is that he is Tyreeq Bakinson v2…but without T’s range of passing.  That’s harsh, and at 19 he has plenty of time.  But it will be good to see him out of age group football.  I know others on here really rate him, so hopefully that shines through.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, he looks like he’s trying to become Korey-like.

My worry for Dylan is that he is Tyreeq Bakinson v2…but without T’s range of passing.  That’s harsh, and at 19 he has plenty of time.  But it will be good to see him out of age group football.  I know others on here really rate him, so hopefully that shines through.

I didn't want to make the T comparison because of the connotations that brings, but he is more laid back than I think Pearson would like. I mean do you seriously recognise him from his own description in that brief interview? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMWANG50 said:

Jody Morris new Swindle manager probably an old contact of Tins might see more players go there next year..

Tinnion wasn't involved in the club when Morris was here.

Nothing more than a local club at a decent level, where we can easily keep an eye on him regularly.

5 hours ago, marcofisher said:

They both seem to be getting similar first team exposure. My guess is the club think that neither is too far away but that there probably won't be enough opportunities for both of them in the coming months. There's probably advantages and disadvantages with both regular football in a lower division and being involved in regular first team training at Championship level but on the periphery of the team. I suspect it's not so much that one is ahead of the other so much as that the club wanted to loan one of the two out and Kadji was the one where the right offer was made. 

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

I'm sure their fans would absolutely love that ? Some of their fans dislike us as much as the Gas do.

It used to be mutual for some of us (I think you're wiltshire too?), I kinda forget they exist now - especially as the Swindon fans I know are very quiet these days or back to supporting their Prem clubs

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

It used to be mutual for some of us (I think you're wiltshire too?), I kinda forget they exist now - especially as the Swindon fans I know are very quiet these days or back to supporting their Prem clubs

Definitely mutual mate, from my end and among other City fans I know in the area. There are certainly less of them about now though, thankfully. We're their main rival to a lot of their fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonRobin said:

Starting today in midfield against Newport… hopefully starts as he means to go on

Just had a look at how the game is going, no mention of him so far, Newport do have a player with one of the greatest names I have ever seen though....

Priestley Farquharson :)

Actually his full name is.

Priestley Tyler H. Farquharson, no record of what the H stands for. 

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just had a look at how the game is going, no mention of him so far, Newport do have a player with one of the greatest names I have ever seen though....

Stepson of Forbes Phillipson-Masters

• Haha 3

Just now, Port Said Red said:

I think we should get the scouting group to look at him, just have his name on a shirt. He's already represented England*

* In the Beach Football team. :)

Actually he’s someone I’ve had a look out for this season.  He looks a nice big physical CB. Not seen enough yet though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Herbert? Hubert? Horace?