IGNORED

Naismiths injury/Cow Puns

BCFCOFSWEDEN

55 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Leave Scott where he is. His form has been outstanding. NP will probably play King in alongside James. Leave Williams as an impact sub.

Christ, you trying to get us relegated Sir? 

Naismith's injury is bad news in my book, our quality in midfield drops off significantly after Scott/James/Naismith for a team trying to pass it progressively. 

There are other ways of playing of course but we don't have the forwards for that, now Martin and Semenyo have left, and they don't get the best out of Scott either. 

Perhaps we could play Scott deeper and slot Mehmeti in at 10? But that's not his natural position and he needs a chance to acclimatise to this level anyway. I can't imagine Sykes is in the same league as Scott as a 10 and Weimann is not a natural there either.

James and Naismith central with Scott advanced looked like a very good fit. Fingers crossed the coaches can find an alternative that works just as well (imo, that doesn't involve King!)

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

22 minutes ago, BLRed said:

Williams can’t pass forward for toffee but he’s our next best option in midfield with experience and an ounce of quality in that role. Unless we dropped Scott back and put weimann in at attacking midfielder 

He’s a bit mixed, but still puts up decent numbers and his intent is to pass forward rather than sideways / backwards, so always gonna be a bit riskier.

0E8B7A59-D5AB-4118-A658-3A41A8E3CE51.thumb.jpeg.b6eec000a3c019941ec81ae6c7386d81.jpeg

A382D64F-2440-4AB4-8F16-0086D9D510D9.thumb.jpeg.9fd41658c38a6e62ea89e27571d798c0.jpeg

12511183-7F06-4B59-BB66-9D40ACA4ED8A.thumb.jpeg.780c971e08a79f238e9ffc3eb6499f8c.jpeg

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

For the Monkey Dust fans on here. 

The plaintive whistling they sampled from Lovely Head got me listening to Goldfrapp. The saddest peace of music ever.

https://youtu.be/ITi6uat0BuQ

She was brilliant at Bath Pavillion last year.

On the footballing front, I think Naismith will be a loss we might struggle with against Norwich. He just gets the ball out the danger zone quite pronto, as a rule. 

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

She was brilliant at Bath Pavillion last year.

On the footballing front, I think Naismith will be a loss we might struggle with against Norwich. He just gets the ball out the danger zone quite pronto, as a rule. 

She was, I had never seen her live before because she normally plays festivals which I am not keen on.

It will be interesting which way we go with replacing Naismith, I can see arguments for Williams, keeping Scott where he is most creative, but also arguments for getting Weimann back in the team. 

I suppose a third option would be reverting to a back 3 now Tomas is back.