IGNORED

Our Players

Kolsch

Spot on.

This team is also starting to look like Pearson’s team, with players he’s persevered with like O’Leary, Vyner, Pring, Scott, Wells plus those he’s signed like Atkinson, Tanner, James & the first two subs.

Love the balance between experience & youth & absolutely no passengers unlike many recent sides we’ve put out.

• Like 10

24 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

This team is also starting to look like Pearson’s team, with players he’s persevered with like O’Leary, Vyner, Pring, Scott, Wells plus those he’s signed like Atkinson, Tanner, James & the first two subs.

Love the balance between experience & youth & absolutely no passengers unlike many recent sides we’ve put out.

And with more youth than experience in the squad the future looks bright.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kolsch said:

This is such a likeable team. They give it everything, no bad attitudes, give it their all.

Loving watching this team. Fantastic spirit amongst them. We’ve got to give credit to everyone behind the recruitment.

Proper.

Half our team have come through the youth system too which makes it that much sweeter. The connection between the squad and fans haven’t been this close for years.

I hope it continues??

• Like 4

The way we’ve played this year has been a revelation compared to pre Xmas. My only concern is with such a young team and a long demanding season in a great league some of them may flag a bit towards the end? Hopefully the senior players can use their experience and nous to push as as far as we can expect this year. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bell rested onto the bench v Wigan to give him chance to catch his breath on his breakthrough season and get him in top form and energy for Man City. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

The way we’ve played this year has been a revelation compared to pre Xmas. My only concern is with such a young team and a long demanding season in a great league some of them may flag a bit towards the end? Hopefully the senior players can use their experience and nous to push as as far as we can expect this year. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Bell rested onto the bench v Wigan to give him chance to catch his breath on his breakthrough season and get him in top form and energy for Man City. 

I think Bell ? himself would be gutted  if he was on the bench on Wednesday. But it may or may not be a bad thing!

• Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Proper.

Half our team have come through the youth system too which makes it that much sweeter. The connection between the squad and fans haven’t been this close for years.

I hope it continues??

I agree mate. Having so many youth products putting on the red shirt is brilliant to see and that makes days like today even more sweeter. Added to that the way the new players have settled in and embraced the club.. perfect combination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Bell was absolutely loving the adulation  at full time. So good to see a young lad enjoying himself 

I’d give Bell another start Wednesday, he was a bit quiet today and has Anis breathing down his neck but he’s still in massive credit from his WBA display. And I just love the kid.

On topic - this team is unbelievably likeable. Things like Robins Uncut have unearthed their personalities and the squad dynamic too - Williams the jester, Kalas the oddball etc. And the celebrations and high-fiving when they win a late Goal Kick when defending a lead show they’re so together. And Nahki’s new role as every young strikers Dad. So much to love.

I really want it to be this lot who take us to the promised land. Or win the FA Cup, I’m not fussy.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I know that it is an unusual situation for many of our younger supporters to see younger members of the squad playing for the team and their mates.

Many modern footballers do not consider it's a team game, given that money(wages) seems to be more important than team spirit.

However, recruitment by Pearson of younger players with potential from lower leagues, he is able to instill the team spirit.

We've had over three years of miserable non entertainment by an overpaid squad that has not even tried to knit together.

Don't get too expectant about what we can achieve this season but next season with a couple or three new recruits from other clubs and even yet another or two Academy graduates at zero transfer cost, and we could be producing the end results that will provide us with success and near full houses like this afternoon.

Bristol City FC are showing real signs of being a force in the Championship and who knows where that may lead us to.

The teams who win trophies in football from PNE and Blackburn Rovers in the late 19th century to Man U, Man City, Liverpool etc, are based on a collection of players who work for and with each other.

I really believe that we have turned a very big corner at Bristol City.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 4

Ok now I wasn’t there today but…..

This isn’t meant to be negative; more a voice of realism? I love we have a young team with many home grown elements. I love that we seem to be a tight ship and Pearson deserves credit for this (and disclaimer - I still don’t completely warm to the guy). I love that we are playing good stuff, have a bit of fight in us and have scope to improve further. BUT as we have a young team it is likely to have moments of inconsistency. It isn’t  likely we are the new Busby Babes. The Championship is the relentlessly hard work and the moment you drop standards you won’t get many points.

However, half (most) of the point of watching games is the ride, not necessarily the outcome. It’s going to be fun watching this team over the next year or so and I for one am really looking forward to it.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ain’t that the truth…and on any given day, if your opponent turns up and plays well, it can make for a difficult afternoon.

Surely you would expect the opposition to turn up play well. You have to be ready and willing to do what's required to beat them at their best 

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

This is the key thing for me.

NP alluded to it in his post match interview: "We don't want players coming here because it's a nice stadium and a good club". "We can be generous in some ways, but not on the pitch".

That's not to say that players under previous regimes have been lazy, but they have probably been a bit too comfortable.

There's a difference between contributing enough, and contributing everything you can. Currently, we're in the latter category - players are looking for every opportunity to make a positive contribution, rather than just waiting to 'do the bit they have to do'.

We at are a stage where we are competitive and have the ability to consistently press teams and also beat other teams press. That takes a lot of energy, teamwork and skill. If NP can keep the squad on it for the next 4-6 games against some very decent sides then he may just have a special group of players to achieve what we all want 

9 games unbeaten is no mean feat and I hope it continues, we may even get a penalty

19 minutes ago, INCRED said:

We at are a stage where we are competitive and have the ability to consistently press teams and also beat other teams press. That takes a lot of energy, teamwork and skill. If NP can keep the squad on it for the next 4-6 games against some very decent sides then he may just have a special group of players to achieve what we all want 

9 games unbeaten is no mean feat and I hope it continues, we may even get a penalty

That's relatively new since December, there were flashes at the beginning of the season but we haven't really been consistently competitive in this league for about 5 seasons. All good at the moment.

25 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Now you're just being silly............