IGNORED

South stand empty seats…

BCFC1512

27 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I understand a few ST holders may not goto every game. But the south stand is sold out every game on the ticketing page! Loads of empty seats today too even tho whole ground was meant to be close to a sell out!

Fair point. Touch annoying that's there's clearly hundreds of seats empty EVERY match. I wonder if the club may reconsider the price of an ST, clearly it's cheap enough that many don't need to turn up most weeks to justify the cost. 

• Like 1

Suspect that as ever there will be a variety of reasons - people away (especially as half term), people having to work on occasions, illness (sometimes long term), even death possibly (of the fan or a family member), family commitments, travel issues (train strikes for example although not today of course) etc. And some people will buy season cards knowing that, even if they miss, say, 8 games, they are still only playing £25 a match in the SS. However I don’t see that as a reason for the club to penalise all fans by putting the prices up. You pays your money and you are entitled to your choice. 

28 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Some clubs give their season ticket holders the option to resell their ticket, via the club, for matches they can’t attend. City could try this 

Unless we're selling out every week, there's zero incentive for the club to do this. 

Nobody is missing out in a ticket because a season ticket holder isn't attending.

• Like 1

I've always thought people also buy a kids ST with their adult one as it gives them an option if ever needed, effectively only costs £10 a season even if unused and means they can buy an extra ticket for big cup games. Kinda glad it backfired for Man City game though, as you were only able to buy a ticket for that match in the age category of the ST.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I've always thought people also buy a kids ST with their adult one as it gives them an option if ever needed, effectively only costs £10 a season even if unused and means they can buy an extra ticket for big cup games. Kinda glad it backfired for Man City game though, as you were only able to buy a ticket for that match in the age category of the ST.

Yeah, and you definitely never get adults going in on kids tickets. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yeah, and you definitely never get adults going in on kids tickets. 

I thought they started clamping down on that a while back and had stewards watching the colours coming up on the turnstiles as people came in. But this season it seems whenever I go through there is rarely a steward there 

5 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

I thought they started clamping down on that a while back and had stewards watching the colours coming up on the turnstiles as people came in. But this season it seems whenever I go through there is rarely a steward there 

Why a crowd like today’s, with a large number of people queuing to get through the turnstiles near kick off time, the stewards that are there can’t cope with the volume. 

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fair point. Touch annoying that's there's clearly hundreds of seats empty EVERY match. I wonder if the club may reconsider the price of an ST, clearly it's cheap enough that many don't need to turn up most weeks to justify the cost. 

For me attending each match costs me around 40 quid. Food, drinks, travel. 

I paid for my season ticket at the start of the season so that's done. 

It's been a long expensive winter for many so maybe they just can't afford the actual cost of attending a match now?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

I'll tell you what, you wouldn't think we're in a cost of living crisis the amount of season ticket holders who don't bother to turn up week in week out. Rows and rows of empty seats in front of us which are occupied for around 5 out of 23 games throughout the season!! Mad!

Have you ever considered that people buy their STs in the South Stand (cheap) then for most games sit in one  of the other stands. Its only for big crowds that they have to return to their allocated seat. 3 guys next to me certainly do that.

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

9 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I have 3 season tickets. Adult, under 19 and under 12. All three flash up green on the turnstile.

There were a few who are normally around me in the safe standing, who moved to sit with their mates who used the code. 

I was more surprised given the state of the game, how many went off for a beer at HT and didn't come back. Maybe showing the game on the concourse screens, whilst good for the hospitality takings, isn't such a great idea for atmosphere and bums on seats?