IGNORED

Media team at it again!

Jerseybean

6 hours ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Starting to wonder if it's some poor kid post Uni being underpaid and overworked, or if it's just a completely incomplete media team

No it's just a case of priorities needing a bit of review. The focus seems to be more digital media content, which I can understand given the increased opportunities this provides commercially. It seems more traditional content is handled a bit lazily. Lots of it looks like templates that they chop and change.. but often they're incorrect.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

So..... Who would you rather:

1) a media team that is typo free and cunningly accurate.

2) a media team behind everything from original goal gifs, behind the scenes Robins uncut, signings on the roof, doors and wheels etc 

I vote to stick not twist.

Number 1 every time

Though very clever how you have split the two

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

2) a media team behind everything from original goal gifs, behind the scenes Robins uncut, signings on the roof, doors and wheels etc 

But it's a piece of piss to do both. So why can't we? 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Their main KPIs seem to be whether "fever pitch" can win the "football content awards". 

That's all fine, but it seems to be at the expense of getting the basics right rather than in addition to.

I salute the efficiency of this post. It's an excellent description of the media team that can easily be copied and pasted into the next thread someone starts about Lee Johnson's management style...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

The goal gifs pre-date the current media team and are actually an idea that initially came from Bristol Flyers' Joel Osbourne.

The point people are making is that we should expect a media team that can do both. It doesn't have to be either/or. 

They're clearly very good at the video side, but there are too many basic errors in written copy.. I also still think they frequently miss the mark on Twitter. An observation many people have held since Adam Baker left a few seasons ago. 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 2