IGNORED

Why is south stand always unavailable

NatchersGold

1 hour ago, NatchersGold said:

Hi guys.

I went to Wigan yesterday and sat in the dolman, but wanted to sit in the South stand but the whole stand was booked, looking to go hull and again the south stand has no availability.

how come? Season ticket holders only?

Yeah it’s pretty much sold out to season ticket holders. Whether they actually turn up is another thing.

• Like 3

Hi guys.

I went to Wigan yesterday and sat in the dolman, but wanted to sit in the South stand but the whole stand was booked, looking to go hull and again the south stand has no availability.

Just walk along and sit in there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NatchersGold said:

I haven’t been down since the eastend was knocked down, back then used to scan ticket and walk in and that was that but guessing now they have to check you’re in right place 

It was like that up until about a month ago, now numerous checks before you get to your seat, then constantly monitored by a woman steward who continually gets the heavies in if she hasn't checked your ticket!

I'm in S24 but haven't had my ticket checked going up the stairs for weeks now even though there is a steward stood there. 

If you go further along away from the singing section you'll definitely be able to just walk up into the South Stand and find an empty seat.

Hi guys.

Mad Cyril - Your dead right. People should buy tickets for seats they mean to sit in. To many people either don't then sit in their correct seats before the game starts or move about during the game. Then there's the confusion as to if they have the right seats, no, then have to get up and move out etc etc.. Meanwhile they are stopping other fans from seeing the game. Also some of our less intellegent fans, presumably buy on the day people,  can't follow straight forward signs and end up in the wrong place.

So buy your ticket and sit in the right seat people.

Edited by WECANDO
Me spelling. Doh!
  • Like 7

I am in the safe standing area and they have been allowing "day tickets" in that section certainly since Xmas if not before. Originally we were told that it would only be season ticket holders, and that we would have to stay in our allocated seats, something I have never done. I am not even sure where my actual seat is. :)

Whether it was because of the hassle in other areas yesterday, there were no stewards on our block, and there was a significant number of people standing in the adjacent block of the South Stand, it was a good atmosphere.

anyway, to summarise, @NatchersGold, it might be worth checking for tickets in the Safe standing, especially as a few are switching to A block at the moment.

Always amazed to see so many empty seats in the South Stand despite none available on the ticket website when I try to buy . Always looks half empty on TV 

Find it hard to believe that these seats are not used by ST holders if this is the case. The Norwich match was a good example with a sell out on the website but literally hundreds of empty seats. Seems to me Adults are buying ST and a child at a special price and simply not using them. Bet this doesn't happen for the Man City game ! Perhaps the number of special child seats can be limited next season to allow the South Stand to be packed for every game.

Also amazed how many fans leave their seats at least 5 minutes before half time and don't return until 5 minutes into the second half.  Again particularly noticeable at the Norwich game where the ground was half empty for the last 3minutes of the first half and the start of the second. If this happens for the televised Man city game the optics on TV will be awful.

3 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Also amazed how many fans leave their seats at least 5 minutes before half time and don't return until 5 minutes into the second half.  Again particularly noticeable at the Norwich game where the ground was half empty for the last 3minutes of the first half and the start of the second. If this happens for the televised Man city game the optics on TV will be awful.

Queues for alcohol, toilet etc.

7 hours ago, frenchred said:

It was like that up until about a month ago, now numerous checks before you get to your seat, then constantly monitored by a woman steward who continually gets the heavies in if she hasn't checked your ticket!

She’s ******* nuts! She was determined to get someone thrown out last night! 

1 hour ago, Hello Dave said:

So they watch what seat you go to after they’ve checked your ticket do they??‍♂️

They don't need to if you hold a ticket for the block you are entering. That is sufficient.

It's not really a life threatening assault on your human rights. Simply someone on minimum wage doing their best to try to ensure you don't have to deal with a bunch occupying the seats you have bought with your mates.

Literally the point of reserved seating. Along with the option for unreserved seating in S82 for those that want it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marlborough Red said:

Always amazed to see so many empty seats in the South Stand despite none available on the ticket website when I try to buy . Always looks half empty on TV 

Find it hard to believe that these seats are not used by ST holders if this is the case. The Norwich match was a good example with a sell out on the website but literally hundreds of empty seats. Seems to me Adults are buying ST and a child at a special price and simply not using them. Bet this doesn't happen for the Man City game ! Perhaps the number of special child seats can be limited next season to allow the South Stand to be packed for every game.

I wouldn't be surprised if a load of people have bought the cheap seats in the South stand,  then gone and then sat in an empty seat in the Dolman or Lansdown instead.

After game has started/about to start, nobody is going to check tickets.

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mad Cyril said:

They don't need to if you hold a ticket for the block you are entering. That is sufficient.

It's not really a life threatening assault on your human rights. Simply someone on minimum wage doing their best to try to ensure you don't have to deal with a bunch occupying the seats you have bought with your mates.

Literally the point of reserved seating. Along with the option for unreserved seating in S82 for those that want it.

You said they do it so no one sits in your seat. I sit right at the front of upper B block and every game they create a queue by asking for your ticket at the entrance of E33,( this was before the exodus to A block). There’s a woman( I think) and a few other bouncers/ security, that constantly stare at you throughout the game, looking for a reaction. They pulled a couple of people out last night for no reason whatsoever. It’s Wigan at home on a ******* Wednesday night ffs!

Anyway, they see us every week, and I make a point of talking to them as I go out to the toilet( 4 times first half, 4 times second half!). I even offered them sweets last night, to which the woman scowled. Last night I came up the next vomitory and the woman was genuinely pissy that I evaded her. They need to get a ******* life!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1