IGNORED

Another one gone

Vidal

1 minute ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Rowatt is the surprise one for me there, always seemed to be on the merry go round. 

He`s found a good fit at Millwall and they`ve probably exceeded expectations every season since he`s been there. I imagine mid-table security is all the board (and the fans) expect of him. They`re financially well run and don`t have too many unachievable dreams. I couldn`t another manager doing better there without spending a fortune.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He`s found a good fit at Millwall and they`ve probably exceeded expectations every season since he`s been there. I imagine mid-table security is all the board (and the fans) expect of him. They`re financially well run and don`t have too many unachievable dreams. I couldn`t another manager doing better there without spending a fortune.

Has been the case but this season they expect playoffs. Made a number of high profile signings last summer and spent more cash than usual.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Has been the case but this season they expect playoffs. Made a number of high profile signings last summer and spent more cash than usual.

Yes, the frugality of the last few years has paid off - I can`t imagine they have any FFP worries. Good luck to them if they get there doing things the right way and with no PP to help them out.

I`ve got to say, the noise when their winner went in v Blades yesterday made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TheReds said:

On Oct 22nd after beating Wigan they were top after 16 games and had 30 points.

So in their last 17 games they've managed to get 9 points, that is just mental.

That's the type of sublime to ridiculous run that we've managed too often in the past.

8 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Got rid of Warburton for finishing 9th, and are now in the brown stuff - no sympathy another club with a revolving door on the manager's office

That's a bit harsh. They brought Beale in, who was a shrewd appointment. Warburton had done ok, but they'd had a really poor finish to the latter part of last season, with some issues behind the scenes apparently.

Hardly their fault that Beale decided to leave after 3 months when Rangers came calling. Was he still at the helm, I've no doubt QPR would comfortably in the top 6. Based on what he had at his disposal, they were over performing.

That said, they are in turmoil now, and someone needs to come in quickly. The hoops fans I know, want answers from the owners and what DOF Les Ferdinand's plan is - both short and long term. The main issue they have is around revenue generation. Due to location, they can't use Loftus road for anything but football, and added to that is the costs of London - wages etc. Supposedly they are being bailed out to the tune of £1.8m a month, and also have to pay off the huge FFP fine (42m!) they got given 5 years ago. They still have over £25m of that to pay off.... so little income, not sold many players for profit and it's looking quite bleak. 

Another example of why we should be very grateful for what we have. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

Hardly their fault that Beale decided to leave after 3 months when Rangers came calling. Was he still at the helm, I've no doubt QPR would comfortably in the top 6.

None of us will know, but before he left he did lose 4 from 5 and that was against Brum, Coventry, WBA (they were awful back then)  and Hudds, and that was the start of their rapid downfall. I still cannot see them being anywhere close to where they are now though if he did stay, but think they have had a lot of injuries as well. The new manager really needs some sort of bounce as player and club confidence must be so low, if they don't get some points soon it could get very twitchy for them.

9 hours ago, pillred said:

Didn't we lose 8 in a row not that long back?

We've had some shockers, but with our streaks we used to have some winning/unbeaten ones under LJ I'd be surprised if we had a run of 17 games with only 9 points. I think our worst run under NP was when we were already safe, so without discounting it, there were a few other factors at play too. 

• Like 1